Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Beat monk in dice poker = get extra stuff

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90

Well, I just beat a monk in dice poker in chapter 1, at the inn downstairs.
    I suddenly got a message to check out the main menu -> extras, however, nothing to find there.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

It's the gog option, it takes you to a website where you can purchase games at a discount. Basically it's just a marketing ploy. 

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By emem
    @amir90 said:

Well, I just beat a monk in dice poker in chapter 1, at the inn downstairs.I suddenly got a message to check out the main menu -> extras, however, nothing to find there.Anyone else having the same problem?

Yeah, when I looked to the right to read the window that popped up it was already fading away.. so I didn't know what happened there at all. I checked my inventory and questlog and found nothing, gonna check the extras later today, haven't done that.

Edit: @S0ndor:  lol, great.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vodun

Is it just me, or is it a helluva lot harder to win at dice this time around?

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dejkrigeren
    @Vodun: Well it kinda seems like the AI is cheating. I just got done playing some guy for a quest and I ended up 3-12.
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By amir90
    @S0ndor: I see, well fuck it then, haha.
    onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By onan

It's a 20% discount on Atari games at gog, absolutely not worth it. They've had better weekend sales.

It's also a bug, it's supposed to create a new link in your extras menu that launches goodoldmonk.com that has a link to the "secret" sale that runs until August. If you've purchased The Witcher 2 and actually want to spend the money, by all means check it out before they patch it and get underwhelmed a little earlier. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.