Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Can't Play after Steam Patch

Vitalogy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vitalogy11

Did the following happen to anyone else?  
    I bought the game on Steam.
    I went to launch the game last night and it had to update. No biggie. Finished in about an hour. Now when I try to play I can get in the game and load my save, I get the load screen with the skull and crown logo them BAM back to desktop/launcher. 
    Does that on all saves. I can start a new game though.  Any suggestions on things to try and how not to jepordize my saves?  I was afraid to even start a new game in fear it would clear out my save list. 

I also went to Steam Tools and downloaded a tool that was called Wictcher DLC, didn't help. I was hoping I still had more patch to DL but I think I got it all.  I also save my steam client/steamapps on a diffrent drive them my OS and my saved games default to my OS, My Documents Folder.  Perhaps Steam / Witcher isn't bridging that gap to my saved files?

AnxiousTube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AnxiousTube

Verify your files then you have to delete all your previous save games.  I know it sucks but it works, I had the same problem and it was fixed with this teqnique.  In order to be safe though make a backup folder on your desktop and make sure it has no affiliation to the Witcher 2 files.  In order to get to said files you must go to your document find the Witcher 2 file and just do what I said above.
    ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Verify your file integrity. If that doesn't work delete and reinstall it. I've never had an issue with the automatic steam updates.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.