Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Demavends Assassination

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sitoxity

(This may be a bit spoilery, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.)

So after hearing all the awesome about Witcher 2.0, I decided to watch the trailer for the 360 version of the game and I was a bit surprised to see a cutscene that clearly depicts Letho Assassinating Demavend on a ship.

Now, I've only played through once, and I did on Iorveths side. I did miss out a couple of quests here and there, but mainly I got a lot of information about Letho and what was going on. However, I never got so much information about how Demavend actually died. Is this a cutscene from the original Witcher game? Is this brand new for 2.0 and/or the 360 version? I found it really interesting because it really does look like a pretty intense scene, and definitely goes along with Letho saying he barely escaped alive. I wonder if this is new because the scene with Foltest in Vizima looked more like Witcher 2 Foltest than the original. I could be wrong in this, but it's just what I gathered from one trailer.

Here's the trailer for anyone else curious: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-the-witcher/719204

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

I must have missed it. Timestamp?

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sitoxity

@Tennmuerti: There's not one particular moment. After it leaves from Foltest it does say Demavend on a boat and that scene is repeated multiple times.

0.22 - 0.26 - Letho boarding the boat and throwing a vial at Demavend.

1:36 - 1:42 - Battle on the boat, Letho charges.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

Must be an added scene so people don't get confused... since there isn't that much information about Demavend other than you can see his head during the scene with Iorveth and Letho in the cave.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By management

If that is exclusive to the xbox version and won't come out to the PC, I will be a sad panda.

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sitoxity

@Tennmuerti: Woops, my bad. I'll edit my OP so that it has the right link.

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thule

@Management said:

If that is exclusive to the xbox version and won't come out to the PC, I will be a sad panda.

It's CD Projekt. It's coming to PC most definitely. Probably in the 2.0 Patch that's coming soon.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By valrog

Yeah, I was blown away when I saw the trailer. Looks like a really epic scene and not seen before. I always wondered about Demavend and this is just what we needed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.