Easter Egg?

• 75 results
#1 Edited by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -

So uhh, is this what I think this is?

Geralt: "They'll never learn"
#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -

Surely this is more interesting than some of the things you guys comment on?

#3 Posted by Lake (126 posts) -

You also get the the Assassin attribute by finding that.

#4 Edited by DeeGee (2120 posts) -

Did you really post in your own thread to complain that your thread isn't popular?

#5 Posted by Patman99 (1573 posts) -

Pretty good jab, if I do say so myself.

#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -
@DeeGee said:
Did you really post in your own thread to complain that your thread isn't popular?
N0-ONE EVER COMMENTS ON MY STUFF >:(
#7 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I simply love Easter Eggs.

#8 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

That's pretty funny.

Loving TW2 so far, btw.
#9 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan but I think this is kind of lame... don't take jabs at games who are universally acclaimed and sold 9 mil, 9 mil, 7.8 mil.

#10 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i don't get it..

oh, the leap of faith.. smart !
#11 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan but I think this is kind of lame... don't take jabs at games who are universally acclaimed and sold 9 mil, 9 mil, 7.8 mil.
WHY U MAD THO?
#12 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan but I think this is kind of lame... don't take jabs and games who are universally acclaimed and sold 9 mil, 9 mil, 7.8 mil.
Why are you so serious? It's not like they're attacking the games or anything... If anything, this shows that developers played and/or liked Assassin's Creed.
#13 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@Taklulas said:

@phrosnite said:

WHY U MAD THO?
I'm not mad and just think it's lame. I would never do such a thing even to my most hated game.

@valrog said:

@phrosnite said:

I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan but I think this is kind of lame... don't take jabs and games who are universally acclaimed and sold 9 mil, 9 mil, 7.8 mil.
Why are you so serious? It's not like they're attacking the games or anything... If anything, this shows that developers played and/or liked Assassin's Creed.

Maybe it's just me but this looks like they are making fun(attacking) of AC.
#14 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5140 posts) -
@phrosnite said:

Why not? It's all about fun in video games.
#15 Posted by AlexW00d (6231 posts) -
@phrosnite: To me it seems similar to the Altair suit being in MGS4? Maybe. I doubt it is a dig per se, more a homage. I hope anyway.
#16 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
@DeeGee said:
Mark of the beast. Run for your lives.
#17 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I found it funny, I hope there's more stuff like that later on .

#18 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@phrosnite: I think if it was a mock, they would do something "more serious" like Bulletstorm did with Duty Calls. Looks to me like it's just a tribute to a great game.
#19 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
Chill out man, it's just a fun little jab at AC, nothing to get worked up about.
#20 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
Dude, it's clearly in good fun. They aren't trashing the game; it's funny.

This is coming from a massive fan of the series. I'm sure the developers would get a laugh out of it.
#21 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@phrosnite: i believe its called having a laugh.... 

pretty funny... i wish i had the money to upgrade my pc so i could play this, ill just have to pray for a console port
#22 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
@phrosnite: i believe its called having a laugh....  pretty funny... i wish i had the money to upgrade my pc so i could play this, ill just have to pray for a console port
You don't have to pray... if you look at the game it's design for the console too. Also they've said that the game would be coming to the consoles next year.
#23 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I'm pretty sure we will see a Witcher easteregg appear in the new AC now, good stuff.

#24 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

There is also an elf named Drizzt sitting in the bar in the first town :)

#25 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
I wonder how many people will get that...
#26 Posted by ShaggE (6403 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
It's a grand tradition for PC games to do things like this (although it's become far more rare nowadays). 

No need to get all defensive about it. Ubisoft devs are big boys, they can take a joke. 
#27 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Which part of the game is it?

#28 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -
@amir90 said:
Which part of the game is it?
The first real fight around the ballista in La Valette castle. It's behind the ballista somewhere.
#29 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -
@Thule: bah, missed it then :)
#30 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

This made me chuckle 

#31 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

I don't know. is that funny? he doesn't even look like assassin. because he wear similar costume? I think that he is just lazy ass, drunken, fallen asleep?

#32 Posted by Khann (2822 posts) -
@Edwardryu said:
I don't know. is that funny? he doesn't even look like assassin. because he wear similar costume? I think that he is just lazy ass, drunken, fallen asleep?
He is dead. I imagine they went as far with making him look like Altair/Ezio as they dare without getting themselves in the shit.
#33 Posted by Bamsen (341 posts) -
@Claude said:
@DeeGee said:
Mark of the beast. Run for your lives.

Oh noes a evil Pokemon

May the power of Christ compel you demon *runs away*

#34 Posted by Juxt (6 posts) -
@Edwardryu said:
He apparently jumped off of something hoping the hay would save him like in the games, but it didn't.
I didn't catch it until I saw this thread, I thought it was a reference to something from the books or something. Its pretty funny.
#35 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

I think it's pretty funny. 

#36 Posted by Nelien (6 posts) -

I did not get this the first time :P, I clearly recognised the clothes but thought it just couldn't be a reference to AC, too unrelated. But then on my second time through the Prologue I saw the broken wagon filled with hay and the "Assassin" perk, it just couldn't be more obvious. Brilliant :).

#37 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
You're overthinking this fanboy.
#38 Posted by raiz265 (2237 posts) -

There's also a Lord of the Rings hint in one of the conversations at the beginning of act 2.

#39 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I thought this was hilarious. Would love to see things like this in more games.

#40 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
@phrosnite said:
Stop presuming so much random internet moron.
#41 Posted by warxsnake (2645 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
It's weird because at Ubisoft (Montreal anyway...) there were email joke lists in pretty much every team with this on it the instant it showed up on blogs and everybody enjoyed it a lot. See dev2dev relations are much more slack than people think, and we love the occasional jokes, and, more importantly, we're enjoying the hell out of witcher 2.

#42 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
@phrosnite said:
Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't have presumed you intelligent enough to take a dig.
#43 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
@phrosnite said:
@SeriouslyNow said:
@phrosnite said:
Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't have presumed you intelligent enough to take a dig.
I'm just tired of idiots(like you) on the internet who post all kinds of crap. People say that 25 is the average age of gamers but I guess the people who are above 25 don't post on forums and such very often. I'm also starting to post less and less because I'm just tired.
#44 Posted by Nentisys (888 posts) -
@phrosnite said:

I'm also starting to post less and less because I'm just tired.
Anyone who makes you post less is a hero in my book.

I don't like nor dislike the AC games particularly but I chuckled when I saw this ingame.
#45 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

This is great, easter eggs in games are always great.

I also don't understand how anyone can think this is CD Projekt mocking Ubisoft...
#46 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

This made me chuckle.

#47 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

ironically, i spent half the game or more wearing a hooded armor >_>

#48 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -
@Rhaknar: Why? there are so many upgrades on chapter 2.
#49 Posted by SafetyFist (24 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
Dang I missed that. I'll have to look for him next playthrough :o
#50 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
@Taklulas said:

@phrosnite said:

WHY U MAD THO?
I'm not mad and just think it's lame. I would never do such a thing even to my most hated game.
You are a little bit mad though aren't you, bro?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.