Game too hard

  • 101 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by vidiots (85 posts) -

Wow combat is way to hard! Maybe im doing quest and im to low lvl but im in under ground hospital and there are 2 monsters i cant kill 2 or 3 hits im dead it has so bleeding effect it seems shows blood icon.

#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

I'd guess you're doing something wrong since nobody else seems to be having the same trouble you are. Maybe try a different quest?

#3 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

use Quen! that is the most useful sign in the game. I know what you're talking about, and it is quite hard, but make sure you dodge as much as you can, and try not to get in the middle of the two.

#4 Posted by amir90 (2153 posts) -

I am playing on hard.

sup?

#5 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Like Laketown suggested, if you aren't using it already - use Quen. Switch it up and use Ignis to hit them from a safe distance. Keep rolling and don't commit too many strikes with your sword unless it's safe to do so.

#6 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@amir90 said:
I am playing on hard.sup?
Yeah, I've been playing on Normal. I'm gunna switch to hard now.
#7 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

From what I've heard, you need to really mix it up, and use everything at your disposal, you won't be able to get by just by hacking at dudes.

#8 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -
@amir90 said:


                    I am playing on hard.sup?

                   

               


Nothin' and suicide diffic. Why sup wid you little bitch?!

 

 

Not really, I have it installed but I have yet to load it up and play it because I'm powering through Witcher 1. Just thought that sounded like a goofily-cool fake response.

#9 Posted by Marz (5641 posts) -

You must be talking about the Wraith's, they do hit hard.  I kited them around and kept tossing Igni fireballs at them. 

#10 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

the Wraiths do hit hard, and like you, they have Quen which absorbs hits. So...use Quen yourself, use fast strikes (i couldnt hit hard ones on them much) and as always, bombs and traps. Seriously, people need to use everything in this game, the sword is like...40% of your offense if that

#11 Edited by RadixNegative2 (510 posts) -

Make sure you make a silver sword and use that instead of a steel sword. I was having problems against the two wraiths as well when I just had a steel sword. I probably died in there about 5-6 times before getting a silver sword. They just wouldn't die no matter how much I hit them.

#12 Posted by Thule (692 posts) -

Use Quen. Even on it's lowest level it cancels out two hits. It's totally worth it to put a few levels into upgrading Quen to make it tougher and actually do damage.

Best way to fight the wraiths is to use fast style(they phase out and take no damage against strong style).
Attack with fast style and hit them with two strikes, then roll away and repeat.

#13 Posted by vidiots (85 posts) -
@amir90 said:
I am playing on hard.sup?
Im playing on easy
#14 Posted by vidiots (85 posts) -
@Thule said:
Use Quen. Even on it's lowest level it cancels out two hits. It's totally worth it to put a few levels into upgrading Quen to make it tougher and actually do damage.Best way to fight the wraiths is to use fast style(they phase out and take no damage against strong style).Attack with fast style and hit them with two strikes, then roll away and repeat.
Thanks ill try that.
#15 Posted by picklecannon (265 posts) -

Roll! A LOT! I had problem with the wraiths as well, and the boss in chapter 1 is a PAIN IN THE ASS unless you really master rolling. Most of the combat relies on hit and run tactics as if the enemy blocks you and knocks you off balance you're almost guaranteed to take a free hit.

#16 Posted by kittens4breakfast (13 posts) -

its more challenging than hard. just use your signs and block and dodge a lot. you can also always turn down the difficulty. 

#17 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -
@Thule: You're right, quen is a must, but I was able to use strong style on the wraiths.

I started with the fast style swinging until a blow landed and then switched to strong attacks.  I kept hitting because the wraith was stuck in it's "flinch" animation after each blow... made the fight go a lot faster.
#18 Posted by onarum (1990 posts) -

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

#19 Edited by gike987 (1747 posts) -

If you hit a wraith with a fast attack you can follow up with a strong attack. Never try to hit them with strong first, they will dodge it.

#20 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -
@onarum said:
People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....
This, thank you, end of thread.
#21 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

the game is a challenge, but definately not too hard

#22 Edited by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

On Hard my tactic was to Yrden one Wraith, then switch to the other and lunge in with a light attack, then smack it with a heavy, following immediately with an Aard, 2-3 heavy then Aard again and repeat.

Basically if you put a Aard Sign in midcombo there is no recovery delay, you can basically keep enemies stunlocked until death unless they can block.
#23 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
#24 Posted by Rio (592 posts) -

I'm really surprised at seeing so many people say this game is hard.  I find it just about right on normal.  People who find the combat hard, take your time.  Dont just run in and start swinging, you need to hover around enemies and find openings.  With groups of enemies you need to find the odd man out and take him down.  Less shielded opponents go down faster so get them out of the way first.  Use your signs, quen is very helpful if you find yourself dying too much.  Dont be afraid to use grenades either since they are quite easy to make.  Lastly, if you are just hammering on the attack button you are doing it very wrong.  There is a rhythm to the attacks that cause them to string together smoothly, this includes mixing weak and strong attacks.  Remember that weak attacks get you quickly to your chosen opponent and strong attacks take advantage of opponents who are off guard.  


I'm absolutely loving all the little details of combat that I slowly discover.  Was really wanting to write them down and see what others have noticed with the combat system, might as well do it here if people having trouble are taking a look.  This game is amazing so far, hope others are enjoying it.
#25 Posted by amir90 (2153 posts) -
@Scooper: @vidiots: @TorMasturba: duder, don't be mad, was just a joke ^^

I do recognize that this game has a steep learning curve.

Just look at poker dice, so hard to win now!
#26 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

man if you have that much trouble on easy......

#27 Edited by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -

No it's not.
Learn the system, it's not complicated.
Use the various tools at your disposal: signs, potions, oils, bombs, traps.
Different mosters have to be fought differently, learn what works against what enemies.
Some monsters WILL feel hard the first time you encounter them, because you yet do not know how they behave and their weaknesses.
Be smart about fighting groups of enemies.

Currently through playing through chapter 2 of the game and the going is getting easier all the time.
This is a game that truly rewards you for learning it.

PRACTICAL ADVICE:
Wraiths for example while agile are actually weak to strong attacks.
They do a lot of dammage but their swings are telegraphed a long time before they strike.
Wait for a wraith to swing then jump in with a heavy attack, roll away, repeat.
Use Quen to shield yourself when you can, think of it as an insurance against when you miss a dodge.
Drink potions before going in. Swallow in particulary will help you regen health if you get hit.
In that particular quest there are TWO places of power right in front of the dungeon that give you significant buffs.
Putting spectre oil will also speed up the fight.

#28 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Single them out and do quick hit-and-run attacks, one attack then dodge away.

Quen sign can help if you're getting hit alot, also.
Online
#29 Posted by altairre (1113 posts) -

Like the others said,use quen and try to be patient because if you are not and you try to hit them too fast or too often the game will punish you. It takes a while but it´s really satisfying if you success,

#30 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Yeah, I bumped it down to easy after dying three times in that hospital fight. Combat in this game is really fucking hard because literally every hit staggers you and in the beginning you don't have anything to manage groups with. I was doing well with the quen sign before, but now it appears to be bugged. Every time I try to cast it Geralt screams and staggers backwards for no apparent reason.

#31 Edited by Nardak (461 posts) -

The combat in witcher 2 becomes much easier the more you spec into the skills trees like swordmanship for example. Also you tend to get better weapons and armor as the game progresses.

At the moment I can already take a large group of normal enemies pretty easily as my blocking skills have improved (i took the skill which enables me to block attacks from all sides) and I have gained other abilities that help me hit harder and make deadlier attacks. Of course I have also gotten better at fighting as my game playing skills have increased just by simply playing the game.

The boss fights still cause me a lot of difficulties but I dont really mind dying at times. It is really refreshing that I cant just spam a button and stuff just dies. I stopped playing Gothic 4 for that particular reason at midpoint as the fighting in that game wasnt challenging at all.

Btw people should  use Axii sign with groups if they have difficulties with some of the opponents in a particular group. One can mind control 1 or 2 opponents at a time. One can also mind control an enemy and hit him/her with hard attacks and then mind control the same opponent again. This way one hack at the enemy and he/she isnt able to hit back at you. For example I killed the remaining wraith by mind controlling him repeadetly while taking very little damage while doing it.
   

#32 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
#33 Posted by thebatmobile (979 posts) -

Use more skill.




And get him.
#34 Posted by Heltom92 (698 posts) -

Keep in mind that at the point your at you probably still take doube damage if you are hit from behind, so make sure enemies are not behind you.

#35 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:
@Seppli said:
@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.

My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game.
However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
#36 Posted by iceman0486 (4 posts) -

Agree with SlasherMan.  I just played through the first Witcher and when I started this game, I felt like Geralt had been killed again, or at least severely brain damaged.  I was used to having the sword styles and it irritated me that an ability Geralt had from the beginning of the game (group damage) became a higher tier level up ability. 

#37 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -
@amir90
I was joking originally, that's why I typed not really in underneath.
#38 Posted by amir90 (2153 posts) -
@TorMasturba: Can you help me with Poker Dice? Its so hard.
#39 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I think the difficulty level is perfect. I'm sick of modern games that molly coddle you, so I find this game very refreshing.

#40 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game. However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
It's one of those games that's hardest when you begin and gets gradually easier as your character levels up. By now (somewhere mid-chapter 2), Geralt doesn't even break a sweat anymore, despite all the mechanical flaws. Playin' on hard got pretty damn easy. The day when RPG devs manage to increase challenge without cheesin' it with stuff like level scaling and such, to counterbalance their character progression - I'll be impressed.

@ SeriouslyNow...

You really must hate me. The truth hurts son. Just give it up already and admit it. I'm right and you're wrong. In everything. The wise shall persist, while you mudslingers with poor aim shall gain nothing but filthy hands and dirty compatriots.
#41 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game. However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
It's one of those games that's hardest when you begin and gets gradually easier as your character levels up. By now (somewhere mid-chapter 2), Geralt doesn't even break a sweat anymore, despite all the mechanical flaws. Playin' on hard got pretty damn easy. The day when RPG devs manage to increase challenge without cheesin' it with stuff like level scaling and such, to counterbalance their character progression - I'll be impressed.@ SeriouslyNow...You really must hate me. The truth hurts son. Just give it up already and admit it. I'm right and you're wrong. In everything. The wise shall persist, while you mudslingers with poor aim shall gain nothing but filthy hands and dirty compatriots.
Dude, I don't hate you.  I'm just pointing out how irrational it is that you love and support of that shovelware crap you call a great game.  DA2 is a shit game.  Mouse and Keyboard plays best for FPS games and PS3 gamers are not the best BC2 players out there.  These are all realities which are in stark contrast to what you believe.  In short, you're nuts.
#42 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game. However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
It's one of those games that's hardest when you begin and gets gradually easier as your character levels up. By now (somewhere mid-chapter 2), Geralt doesn't even break a sweat anymore, despite all the mechanical flaws. Playin' on hard got pretty damn easy. The day when RPG devs manage to increase challenge without cheesin' it with stuff like level scaling and such, to counterbalance their character progression - I'll be impressed.@ SeriouslyNow...You really must hate me. The truth hurts son. Just give it up already and admit it. I'm right and you're wrong. In everything. The wise shall persist, while you mudslingers with poor aim shall gain nothing but filthy hands and dirty compatriots.
Dude, I don't hate you.  I'm just pointing out how irrational it is that you love and support of that shovelware crap you call a great game.  DA2 is a shit game.  Mouse and Keyboard plays best for FPS games and PS3 gamers are not the best BC2 players out there.  These are all realities which are in stark contrast to what you believe.  In short, you're nuts.
  1. Talking about DA2's combat, not of the product as a whole. Playing DA2 on Nightmare difficulty, Its combat is not easy or cheap and broken or dumbed-down. Its combat mechanics scale exceptionally well. It being shovelware, that's true. It being a shit game, that's just hater hogwash. I'd rather have another Dragon Age 2 every year instead of getting a Dragon Age : Origins every 7 years. A healthy middle ground is where its at ultimately.
  2. Gamepads are better suited for 'Battlefield'-genre games mixing FPS gameplay with arcade-simulation vehicle-warfare. Playing on a properly optimized gamepad is the more cohesive and immersive way to experience BF:BC 2's gameplay. I personally prefer gamepads over KB&M controls for FPS games. Preference. Not insanity.
  3. I said the PS3 BF:BC 2 community has a higher density of active veteran rank 50 players and that competition is more stiff, especially on chopper maps in Vanilla. For a dude, who hasn't got both versions and didn't play both (or maybe even either...), you're really sure of yourself.
When it walks like an a*. Talks like an a*. It's got to be an a*. Comes to mind when thinking about your behavior towards me. Take that how you must...



P.S. The proof of concept for streaming games via Gaikai BETA which happend recently must really have bugged you. It has been foretold and the future will prove you wrong once again about yet another subject matter.
#43 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

I was doing well until the end of Chapter 1, it frustrated me to the point where I am just going to play the game through on easy now. :S

#44 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@WillyLo said:

I was doing well until the end of Chapter 1, it frustrated me to the point where I am just going to play the game through on easy now. :S

Did you craft new gear and upgrade it appropriately? If you have the best available equipment and upgrade your stuff, even hard turns into a piece of cake by the end of chapter 1.
#45 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

I feel like I must be missing something, because I'm three hours in and I've already got a pretty good hang of the combat system on normal. And I'm generally terrible at video games. I'm just rolling, blocking, throwing magic and picking off targets one by one. Its pretty fluid once you get used to it.

#46 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

play it like demon's souls

#47 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game. However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
It's one of those games that's hardest when you begin and gets gradually easier as your character levels up. By now (somewhere mid-chapter 2), Geralt doesn't even break a sweat anymore, despite all the mechanical flaws. Playin' on hard got pretty damn easy. The day when RPG devs manage to increase challenge without cheesin' it with stuff like level scaling and such, to counterbalance their character progression - I'll be impressed.@ SeriouslyNow...You really must hate me. The truth hurts son. Just give it up already and admit it. I'm right and you're wrong. In everything. The wise shall persist, while you mudslingers with poor aim shall gain nothing but filthy hands and dirty compatriots.
Dude, I don't hate you.  I'm just pointing out how irrational it is that you love and support of that shovelware crap you call a great game.  DA2 is a shit game.  Mouse and Keyboard plays best for FPS games and PS3 gamers are not the best BC2 players out there.  These are all realities which are in stark contrast to what you believe.  In short, you're nuts.
  1. Talking about DA2's combat, not of the product as a whole. Playing DA2 on Nightmare difficulty, Its combat is not easy or cheap and broken or dumbed-down. Its combat mechanics scale exceptionally well. It being shovelware, that's true. It being a shit game, that's just hater hogwash. I'd rather have another Dragon Age 2 every year instead of getting a Dragon Age : Origins every 7 years. A healthy middle ground is where its at ultimately.
  2. Gamepads are better suited for 'Battlefield'-genre games mixing FPS gameplay with arcade-simulation vehicle-warfare. Playing on a properly optimized gamepad is the more cohesive and immersive way to experience BF:BC 2's gameplay. I personally prefer gamepads over KB&M controls for FPS games. Preference. Not insanity.
  3. I said the PS3 BF:BC 2 community has a higher density of active veteran rank 50 players and that competition is more stiff, especially on chopper maps in Vanilla. For a dude, who hasn't got both versions and didn't play both (or maybe even either...), you're really sure of yourself.
When it walks like an a*. Talks like an a*. It's got to be an a*. Comes to mind when thinking about your behavior towards me. Take that how you must...



P.S. The proof of concept for streaming games via Gaikai BETA which happend recently must really have bugged you. It has been foretold and the future will prove you wrong once again about yet another subject matter.
  1. You agree it's Shovelware and you'd prefer shovelware over a good game because it arrives in your hands quicker.  Nuts.
  2. Can't argue with your preference but I still think you're nuts in that regard too.  I see the dual analog controllers as the 'worst of both worlds' for fps games with vehicular combat.  They turn too slow for ground combat and they lack precision for flight vehicles.
  3. The December 2010 BF:BC2 Vietnam Map Unlock challenge where neither PS3 nor XBOX 360 players earned the map unlock while PC players did in double quick time proves that to be untrue.  It's nice that you can pull faux statistics out of your arse and all but the fact is that the PC is where BC2 has its highest concentration of players by a long stretch.  Therefore, it would only stand to reason that the better players would be where the largest audience is and that would be the PC audience, not the PS3. 
Oh and Gakai bothers me as much as Onlive did.  ie not fucking much.  Gakai is like Onlive's poorer cousin and neither will ever gain enough of an audience to affect PC gamers.  They will, however, do well in terms of game rental and demo version 'time limited' marketing tools. 
#48 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game. However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
It's one of those games that's hardest when you begin and gets gradually easier as your character levels up. By now (somewhere mid-chapter 2), Geralt doesn't even break a sweat anymore, despite all the mechanical flaws. Playin' on hard got pretty damn easy. The day when RPG devs manage to increase challenge without cheesin' it with stuff like level scaling and such, to counterbalance their character progression - I'll be impressed.@ SeriouslyNow...You really must hate me. The truth hurts son. Just give it up already and admit it. I'm right and you're wrong. In everything. The wise shall persist, while you mudslingers with poor aim shall gain nothing but filthy hands and dirty compatriots.
Dude, I don't hate you.  I'm just pointing out how irrational it is that you love and support of that shovelware crap you call a great game.  DA2 is a shit game.  Mouse and Keyboard plays best for FPS games and PS3 gamers are not the best BC2 players out there.  These are all realities which are in stark contrast to what you believe.  In short, you're nuts.
  1. Talking about DA2's combat, not of the product as a whole. Playing DA2 on Nightmare difficulty, Its combat is not easy or cheap and broken or dumbed-down. Its combat mechanics scale exceptionally well. It being shovelware, that's true. It being a shit game, that's just hater hogwash. I'd rather have another Dragon Age 2 every year instead of getting a Dragon Age : Origins every 7 years. A healthy middle ground is where its at ultimately.
  2. Gamepads are better suited for 'Battlefield'-genre games mixing FPS gameplay with arcade-simulation vehicle-warfare. Playing on a properly optimized gamepad is the more cohesive and immersive way to experience BF:BC 2's gameplay. I personally prefer gamepads over KB&M controls for FPS games. Preference. Not insanity.
  3. I said the PS3 BF:BC 2 community has a higher density of active veteran rank 50 players and that competition is more stiff, especially on chopper maps in Vanilla. For a dude, who hasn't got both versions and didn't play both (or maybe even either...), you're really sure of yourself.
When it walks like an a*. Talks like an a*. It's got to be an a*. Comes to mind when thinking about your behavior towards me. Take that how you must...



P.S. The proof of concept for streaming games via Gaikai BETA which happend recently must really have bugged you. It has been foretold and the future will prove you wrong once again about yet another subject matter.
  1. You agree it's Shovelware and you'd prefer shovelware over a good game because it arrives in your hands quicker.  Nuts.
  2. Can't argue with your preference but I still think you're nuts in that regard too.  I see the dual analog controllers as the 'worst of both worlds' for fps games with vehicular combat.  They turn too slow for ground combat and they lack precision for flight vehicles.
  3. The December 2010 BF:BC2 Vietnam Map Unlock challenge where neither PS3 nor XBOX 360 players earned the map unlock while PC players did in double quick time proves that to be untrue.  It's nice that you can pull faux statistics out of your arse and all but the fact is that the PC is where BC2 has its highest concentration of players by a long stretch.  Therefore, it would only stand to reason that the better players would be where the largest audience is and that would be the PC audience, not the PS3. 
Oh and Gakai bothers me as much as Onlive did.  ie not fucking much.  Gakai is like Onlive's poorer cousin and neither will ever gain enough of an audience to affect PC gamers.  They will, however, do well in terms of game rental and demo version 'time limited' marketing tools. 
  1. Shovelware is 'more of the same'. By this definition most upcoming games are shovelware. I like Bioware-style games. They don't need to reinvent the wheel everytime. Dragon Age 2 was enjoyable. Personally, I found its core gameplay mechanics (combat) to be better and more enjoyable than in Origins. I also liked its stylized artstyle and over the top animations. Everything else - characters and story and pacing, as well as the famous lack of enough environmental assets to accommodate a 20+ hours long game - yes, those all feel lacking. Dragon Age 2 could and should have been a better game than it is, which it would have been with either another half a year to a year of extra development time or a more efficient production plan and pipelines to accommodate such a strict work regiment. I don't believe that fast turnaround has to be to the detriment of a product. At least if you're okay with 'more of the same'. I for one am. I'd be okay with another Uncharted or Dead Space or Witcher every year. Pricepoints should reflect that though and they do. Most games have much lower day 1 retail prices the longer the current hardware generation persists.
  2. You obviously are a klutz with a gamepad then.
  3. Your example proves nothing. First of all - BF:BC 2 on PS3 is strictly managed by matchmaking and is mostly regional (unless you join an overseas friend). Joining BF:BC 2 friends often leads to stacked teams, since all of them are rank 50 vets. Hence I'm facing much stiffer competition on PS3 than on PC, since the density of veteran rank 50 players is much higher for me. Also - PS3's vanilla choppers aren't sitting ducks like on PC. The rape is on. Lots of stuff PS3 community faces, coddly servers with strict and restrictive rules and auto-kicks won't even allow. Your example does prove nothing, other than there being an active PC community. Play both versions. Make some highranking friends. Play stacked games. No admins to reign in the fun to what you think is tolerable.

Hahaha, your shortsightedness makes me laugh. If you are talking about 'streaming games' in the short term, you are right. In the longrun, the concept is more than just sound. It's the way to go. I'll be playing crazy billion dollar virtual thrillrides and wunderlands on the go with billions of other consumers freed from highend consumer hardware restraints worldwide, while you cry that you cannot afford a gaming rig to compute such a thing locally, since that'd cost you millions. Or something along these lines. 'Folding Space' communitcations technology opened a world of 'zero ping' communication to the whole universe. This and other great innovations wait to become facts sooner than you imagine. Since you obviously lack imagination, that's an easy feat.
#49 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Seppli said:
@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@SlasherMan said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Seppli said:

@onarum said:

People are way too much reliant on "press attack button to win" games such as DA2 at this point.....

I beg to differ. I'll never understand your point of view on DA2's combat. It scales extremely well and Nightmare diffuculty is a mostly legit challenge that's definitely not 'press attack button to win'. Ever heard of friendly fire? Most engaging and challenging combat in a Bioware game yet. DA2 has lots of flaws. A lack of challenging and difficult combat isn't one of 'em though. Non-legit complaint.
This thread negates your irrational fanboy driven point of view.  DA2 is a shit game.  End of story.
While I agree with you, it's still ultimately a matter of opinion. Sure, there are facts no one can deny, but people are still allowed to like/dislike the game despite those things.My main beef with this game's combat was that I was not properly introduced to it at the beginning. The tutorial was lacking. Having been used to the first game's combat, I did not expect Geralt to be so fragile and enemies to be so strong, and especially not right at the very beginning of the game. However, after getting to grips with it and learning the ropes, I am enjoying it a lot. I miss the stances in the first game, but hey, the game has mostly changed for the better so I can't complain.
It's one of those games that's hardest when you begin and gets gradually easier as your character levels up. By now (somewhere mid-chapter 2), Geralt doesn't even break a sweat anymore, despite all the mechanical flaws. Playin' on hard got pretty damn easy. The day when RPG devs manage to increase challenge without cheesin' it with stuff like level scaling and such, to counterbalance their character progression - I'll be impressed.@ SeriouslyNow...You really must hate me. The truth hurts son. Just give it up already and admit it. I'm right and you're wrong. In everything. The wise shall persist, while you mudslingers with poor aim shall gain nothing but filthy hands and dirty compatriots.
Dude, I don't hate you.  I'm just pointing out how irrational it is that you love and support of that shovelware crap you call a great game.  DA2 is a shit game.  Mouse and Keyboard plays best for FPS games and PS3 gamers are not the best BC2 players out there.  These are all realities which are in stark contrast to what you believe.  In short, you're nuts.
  1. Talking about DA2's combat, not of the product as a whole. Playing DA2 on Nightmare difficulty, Its combat is not easy or cheap and broken or dumbed-down. Its combat mechanics scale exceptionally well. It being shovelware, that's true. It being a shit game, that's just hater hogwash. I'd rather have another Dragon Age 2 every year instead of getting a Dragon Age : Origins every 7 years. A healthy middle ground is where its at ultimately.
  2. Gamepads are better suited for 'Battlefield'-genre games mixing FPS gameplay with arcade-simulation vehicle-warfare. Playing on a properly optimized gamepad is the more cohesive and immersive way to experience BF:BC 2's gameplay. I personally prefer gamepads over KB&M controls for FPS games. Preference. Not insanity.
  3. I said the PS3 BF:BC 2 community has a higher density of active veteran rank 50 players and that competition is more stiff, especially on chopper maps in Vanilla. For a dude, who hasn't got both versions and didn't play both (or maybe even either...), you're really sure of yourself.
When it walks like an a*. Talks like an a*. It's got to be an a*. Comes to mind when thinking about your behavior towards me. Take that how you must...



P.S. The proof of concept for streaming games via Gaikai BETA which happend recently must really have bugged you. It has been foretold and the future will prove you wrong once again about yet another subject matter.
  1. You agree it's Shovelware and you'd prefer shovelware over a good game because it arrives in your hands quicker.  Nuts.
  2. Can't argue with your preference but I still think you're nuts in that regard too.  I see the dual analog controllers as the 'worst of both worlds' for fps games with vehicular combat.  They turn too slow for ground combat and they lack precision for flight vehicles.
  3. The December 2010 BF:BC2 Vietnam Map Unlock challenge where neither PS3 nor XBOX 360 players earned the map unlock while PC players did in double quick time proves that to be untrue.  It's nice that you can pull faux statistics out of your arse and all but the fact is that the PC is where BC2 has its highest concentration of players by a long stretch.  Therefore, it would only stand to reason that the better players would be where the largest audience is and that would be the PC audience, not the PS3. 
Oh and Gakai bothers me as much as Onlive did.  ie not fucking much.  Gakai is like Onlive's poorer cousin and neither will ever gain enough of an audience to affect PC gamers.  They will, however, do well in terms of game rental and demo version 'time limited' marketing tools. 
  1. Shovelware is 'more of the same'. By this definition most upcoming games are shovelware. I like Bioware-style games. They don't need to reinvent the wheel everytime. Dragon Age 2 was enjoyable. Personally, I found its core gameplay mechanics (combat) to be better and more enjoyable than in Origins. I also liked its stylized artstyle and over the top animations. Everything else - characters and story and pacing, as well as the famous lack of enough environmental assets to accommodate a 20+ hours long game - yes, those all feel lacking. Dragon Age 2 could and should have been a better game than it is, which it would have been with either another half a year to a year of extra development time or a more efficient production plan and pipelines to accommodate such a strict work regiment. I don't believe that fast turnaround has to be to detriment of a product. At least if you're okay with 'more of the same'. I for one am. I'd be okay with another Uncharted or Dead Space or Witcher every year. Pricepoints should reflect that though and they do. Most games have much lower day 1 retail prices the longer the current hardware generation persists.
  2. You obviously are a klutz with a gamepad then.
  3. Your example proves nothing. First of all console matchmaking is mostly regional. Joing BF:BC 2 friends often leads to stacked teams. Hence I'm facing much stiffer competition on PS3 than on PC, since the density of veteran rank 50 players is much higher for me. Also - PS3's vanilla choppers aren't sitting ducks like on PC. The rape is on. Lots of stuff PS3 community faces, coddly servers with strict and restrictive rules and auto-kicks won't even allow. Your example does prove nothing, other than there being an active PC community. Play both version. Make some highranking friends. Play stacked games. No admins to reign in the fun to what you think is tolerable.
Hahaha, your shortsightedness makes me giggle. If you are talking about 'streaming games' in the short term, you are right. In the longrun, the concept is more than just sound. It's the way to go. I'll be playing crazy billion dollar virtual thrillrides and wunderlands on the go with billions of other consumers freed from highend consumer hardware restraints worldwide, while you cry that you cannot afford a gaming rig to compute such a thing locally, since it that'd cost you millions. Or something along these lines.'Folding Space' communitcations technology opened a world of 'zero ping' communication to the whole universe. This and other great innovations wait to become facts sooner than you imagine. Since you obviously lack imagination, that's an easy feat.
There's a difference between having an imagination and completely fantasizing reality with an entirely augmented view which pushes what you percieve in your mind over what really exists.  You sound psychotic. 
#50 Posted by Ramboknife (114 posts) -

Did anybody else read the thread title like a caveman? "GAME-TOO-HARD."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.