gog sale 29.99

#1 Posted by akeripper4 (153 posts) -

it has come come the attention of this one that this game is an sale atm on the gog site

and the ever so question:is it worth it if you did not get into witcher 1?

#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

COOL!  yes it is totally worth it if you didnt get wicher 1. But you should still play witcher 1 its a good game.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

tempting.. but considering that im still playing Witcher 1 and that i won't upgrade my PC for 2 more months, i'll wait for a bigger price drop in the future

#4 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

If it's a sale for the Witcher 1 why is it in the Witcher 2 forums?

Anyway it really depends on how much you are into RPG's, the first Witcher is a lot less streamlined than the second one.

#5 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

If it's a sale for the Witcher 1 why is it in the Witcher 2 forums?

It isn't. Read the thread.

Also, GOG relatively frequently has sales on the Witcher 2. GOG is owned by CD Projekt, who develop The Wticher series.

#6 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5138 posts) -

@Rolyatkcinmai: I know it's owned the CDproject, but I understood from his question that the first Witcher is on sale not the second.

#7 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Rolyatkcinmai said:

GOG is owned by CD Projekt, 

Woah really? news to me!
#8 Posted by Vitor (2812 posts) -

@akeripper4: Yes. Yes and yes again. I never played the first Witcher (well, attempted to but gave up after 2 or 3 hours) and I ADORED The Witcher 2. Probably my GOTY so far (narrowly beating Portal 2 and Bastion).

If this setting/world and characters even remotely appeal to you, and your rig can handle it, you'd be doing yourself a disservice not grabbing it at that price. The patches they've released so far have vastly improved the initial experience (which wasn't bad, just poorly scaled in terms of difficulty and issues with inventory management) and have even added free new content with more to come.

Considering that the entire second and third acts of the game change vastly depending on who you side with at the end of the first, it also demands repeated playthroughs which lengthens the already reasonable 20 hours or so it took me to beat first time around.

#9 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Definitely worth it.

#10 Edited by Knibbly (107 posts) -

Do you guys think that it's worth buying at this price even if I don't have the time to play it right now? Another way to phrase this is do you think there will be a more significant price drop any time soon? I kinda regretted not buying this game when it was on sale on Steam for $33 or whatever it was because I thought I had missed the boat.

#11 Edited by Tennmuerti (8014 posts) -
@jvpde said:

Do you guys think that it's worth buying at this price even if I don't have the time to play it right now? Another way to phrase this is do you think there will be a more significant price drop any time soon? I kinda regretted not buying this game when it was on sale on Steam for $33 or whatever it was because I thought I had missed the boat.

I'd say there is a high chance of a price drop for the winter hollidays at least from one of the main digital retails Steam or GoG. Will it be lower then 30? hard to say.
#12 Edited by Marz (5646 posts) -

Wish i could trade in my Steam version for the GOG.com version.   Steam patching has been hell, one of the last few patches broke my game (infinite 9gb download loop) and now i have to download all 16 gigs again since i deleted it off my system.

#13 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

The Witcher 2 relies on knowledge of the books (which haven't been translated into English) far more than it relies on having played the first game. There's very little you won't understand without having played it, though I'd probably still recommend checking it out first, if you can.

#14 Posted by Kaibar (82 posts) -

I bought it during the sale, and I've gotta say, this may very well be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The story is great and the choices are actually morally ambiguous for once, the combat is a lot of fun, and the visuals are just gorgeous. I really can't believe how much they improved over the first one, which I never was able to play past the first chapter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.