My own Video Review of The Witcher 2 (Xbox 360)!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Popskinz (409 posts) -

Read before watching

Yet another video review for you guys! This time for the critically acclaimed, adult-oriented role-playing game The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
Leave a comment wherever you please and give me as much feedback as possible! 

I might upload the written version later down the line, cheers!  

#2 Edited by MidgetScam (17 posts) -

Great job as always! I fuckin' hated the game's ending, though.

#3 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -

@MidgetScam said:

Great job as always! I fuckin' hated the ending, though.

Thanks! Well, the ending wasn't great, but atleast it paves the way for more games in the series.

#4 Posted by MidgetScam (17 posts) -
@Popskinz

Yeah, but I'm sick of cliffhangers.  Just finish your stories, jesus.
#5 Edited by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@MidgetScam said:

@Popskinz:   Yeah, but I'm sick of cliffhangers.  Just finish your stories, jesus.

But they did. The Witcher 2's story is finished - you finish the main plot and resolve any business involving Iorweth/Roche.

The amnesia plot is the series' driving pointt, the ending of 2 set everything up in such a way the third game will focus purely on that. It's understandable. You can't expect they'll just throw in the big guns for no reasons.

#6 Posted by Phoenix778m (255 posts) -

Jeez spoiler warnings! I figured I'd comment before the thread gets locked as YouTube spam.

#7 Edited by Popskinz (409 posts) -

@Ghostiet said:

@MidgetScam said:
@Popskinz: Yeah, but I'm sick of cliffhangers. Just finish your stories, jesus.

But they did. The Witcher 2's story is finished - you find the Kingslayer, you resolve the Temerian crisis and the deal with Saskia.

The search for Yennefer and Ciri is the series' driving plot, the ending of 2 set everything up in such a way the third game will focus purely on that and Nilfgaard. It's understandable. You can't expect they'll just throw in the big guns for no reasons.

Jesus fuck! Use the hidden text feature before you ruin the game for other people!

@Phoenix778m said:

Jeez spoiler warnings! I figured I'd comment before the thread gets locked as YouTube spam.

This isn't Youtube spam, this is me showing you guys something that I'd like to receive feedback from -- trust me, this is not the first review I'm sharing here.

#8 Posted by MidgetScam (17 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
@MidgetScam said:
@Popskinz:   Yeah, but I'm sick of cliffhangers.  Just finish your stories, jesus.

But they did. The Witcher 2's story is finished - you find the Kingslayer, you resolve the Temerian crisis and the deal with Saskia.

The search for Yennefer and Ciri is the series' driving plot, the ending of 2 set everything up in such a way the third game will focus purely on that and Nilfgaard. It's understandable. You can't expect they'll just throw in the big guns for no reasons.

I'll throw in a spoiler warning here which you clearly failed in doing.

#9 Posted by shivermetimbers (780 posts) -

This video shows the potion drinking animation. I thought they took that out for the 360 version?

#10 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -
@shivermetimbers said:

This video shows the potion drinking animation. I thought they took that out for the 360 version?

Yeah they did, but I used that footage from the PC version since I needed relevant footage when talking about the "potion" aspect of the game.
#11 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@Popskinz said:

Jesus fuck! Use the hidden text feature before you ruin the game for other people!

I've rephrased them, but they aren't even spoilers.

@MidgetScam said:

Of course it's not complete. It's a game in a series that's at least a trilogy. It's normal plot progression. I'll explain, because you clearly fail to "get" it.
Not to mention that they are considering an expansion pack.
#12 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
@Popskinz said:

I've rephrased them, but they aren't even spoilers.

@MidgetScam said:

Of course it's not complete. It's a game in a series that's at least a trilogy. It's normal plot progression. I'll explain, because you clearly fail to "get" it.
Not to mention that they are considering an expansion pack.
Right, whatever you say -- but they could have handled the ending a bit better nonetheless.
#13 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -
@Popskinz
Sure, it's kind of abrupt, but I can't really figure out any other way than needless exposition and stating the obvious.
#14 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
@Popskinz: Sure, it's kind of abrupt, but I can't really figure out any other way than needless exposition and stating the obvious.
Right, maybe that's true.

At any rate, great game.
#15 Posted by Popskinz (409 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
@Popskinz: Sure, it's kind of abrupt, but I can't really figure out any other way than needless exposition and stating the obvious.
It still sucks, though that a new Witcher game probably isn't due for another four or more years..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.