No More Teasers: The Witcher 2 Confirmed for Xbox 360

Posted by patrickklepek (4630 posts) -

After floating the idea of a console version of The Witcher 2, CD Projekt has dropped the pretenses and confirmed what we suspected: The Witcher 2 arrives on Xbox 360 later this year.

Yep, later this year!

The news broke out of a pre-E3 event the company's holding this afternoon in California.

CD Project is calling the Xbox 360 version an "adaptation not a port" but wants to bring the "same experience as delivered to the PC players" for Xbox 360 owners, including many of the improvements the studio is incorporating into the PC version.

The Xbox 360 version will be at E3, too. I'm gonna have to track that one down. I've expressed my interest in playing The Witcher II, but I don't have a PC capable of playing it. No problem!

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (4630 posts) -

After floating the idea of a console version of The Witcher 2, CD Projekt has dropped the pretenses and confirmed what we suspected: The Witcher 2 arrives on Xbox 360 later this year.

Yep, later this year!

The news broke out of a pre-E3 event the company's holding this afternoon in California.

CD Project is calling the Xbox 360 version an "adaptation not a port" but wants to bring the "same experience as delivered to the PC players" for Xbox 360 owners, including many of the improvements the studio is incorporating into the PC version.

The Xbox 360 version will be at E3, too. I'm gonna have to track that one down. I've expressed my interest in playing The Witcher II, but I don't have a PC capable of playing it. No problem!

Staff
#2 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

you excited patrick?

#3 Posted by alexfase (50 posts) -

Awesome. 

#4 Edited by Vanek (383 posts) -

I might pick it up finally.

#5 Posted by MJHAYLETT (441 posts) -

no PS3 - shame as I would have bought it. Oh well.

#6 Posted by lokey013 (109 posts) -

Effin awesome!! Aweseom I SAY! =)
#7 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

NNNNNOOOOOOO
That means I'm going to have to play the first one, BTW the first one still looks pretty good I got it all cranked up on a 2 year old rig.....

#8 Posted by tiagotavares (2 posts) -

No PS3?

#9 Posted by patrickklepek (4630 posts) -

@Laketown said:

you excited patrick?

Hell yeah.

Staff
#10 Posted by elcalavera (344 posts) -

I see a female bottom.

#11 Posted by Kasswara (178 posts) -

Congrats XBoxers.

#12 Posted by ThePilgrums (428 posts) -

I see a butt. Patrick, they aren't paying you to look at butts all day! Sheesh.

#13 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

Also I got the feeling E3 already started??? Anyone els???

#14 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

Interesting, I wonder how many discs it will be on?

#15 Posted by ConstantRa1n (293 posts) -

Faptacular!

#16 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

Yes, more hardcore RPGs on consoles please.

#17 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

no ps3? if this isnt on the e3 MS press conference they are fucking RETARDED since they abrely have any exclusives as it is

#18 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1620 posts) -

Good to hear for the console guys and gals ... still, the PC fanboy in me is a little bummed out.

#19 Posted by MisterMouse (3554 posts) -

awesomeness!

#20 Posted by Sloktor (53 posts) -

Though about getting it for the PC, but got a bit worried when I heard about how that combat is. Might be better on the Xbox with the controll

#21 Posted by spiltmilk04 (7 posts) -

Glad I didn't impulse buy for PC.

#22 Posted by Danteveli (1186 posts) -

So prepare 15.11.2011 - plus like three days earlier for you US guys.

#23 Posted by m0rdr3d (474 posts) -

I'll wait and see how this adaptation turns out, but it's at least good news that I might get to experience some Witcher-ish action.
#24 Posted by stoodspoon (633 posts) -

YAY!!!!

#25 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

Aww yeah!

#26 Posted by Stigs (30 posts) -

Awesome news. Won't have to buy a new PC for this game.

#27 Posted by Rukus (90 posts) -

A shame that they'll have to lower the eye-candy to make it all run smoothly. Anyone who plays it deserves to see it like it is on the PC.

#28 Posted by ComradeCrash (560 posts) -

YES! But should I play the first one?

#29 Posted by LoktarOgar (381 posts) -

This seems like a game that's big enough that it would have to be on multiple 360 discs.

(read: I want to see this on the PS3)

#30 Posted by corum (18 posts) -

I absolutely love that one of their points on the presentation of the 360 version was just:

- looking awesome

:)

#31 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -
@Sloktor said:
Though about getting it for the PC, but got a bit worried when I heard about how that combat is. Might be better on the Xbox with the controll

Why not just play on a pc with the controller? That's what I'm doing and it works fine.
#32 Posted by MJHAYLETT (441 posts) -
@LoktarOgar said:
This seems like a game that's big enough that it would have to be on multiple 360 discs.  (read: I want to see this on the PS3)
me too buddy, me too
#33 Posted by SpanxMcFranks (89 posts) -

Awesome. I really wanted to play this and don't have a PC that can.

#34 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

If you can already play it on PC - why go console, freshly shaven Patrick? really? ;-P

#35 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

Awesome.  Witcher with Chievo's?  Count me in.

#36 Posted by Flooder_delete (21 posts) -
@SpanxMcFranks said:
Same here.
Awesome indeed.
#37 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

YES!

#38 Posted by Deathpooky (1403 posts) -

Awesome, definitely going to pick this up for 360.

#39 Posted by hellsing321 (22 posts) -
@Sloktor said:
If your PC can run it there is no reason to wait for the 360 version. You can use a gamepad with the PC version.
#40 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
@Sloktor said:
It's not like you can plug in a 360 controller for the PC...

Also I really doubt this game is going to be good on the consoles, I just really see CD Projekt doing  a bad job with the port.
#41 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -

Great. I've been truly impressed by what I've seen of this game. But how do we get caught up on the first one?

#42 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@LoktarOgar said:
This seems like a game that's big enough that it would have to be on multiple 360 discs.  (read: I want to see this on the PS3)
I doubt it, the game isn't overly big.  If games like GTA IV and Oblivion can fit on a single 360 disc, this should have no problem.  Even if it can't, it's not an open world game.  Splitting the chapters between discs wouldn't really hurt the experience in any way.
#43 Posted by MeatSim (10861 posts) -

Probably get the 360 version unless they release a PC demo so I can tell if my computer can actually run it well. 

#44 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Needs more sex scenes

#45 Edited by buckybit (1455 posts) -
@SpanxMcFranks said:

Duder, it runs on the lowest dual-core (2x2.6GHz) and you're fine with a DX9 card (although a DX10/11 card doesn't hurt). 

People can even use a xbox controller on PC (like Ryan did in the QL). 

It's CD Projekt's first XBox game, I think. I don't know how smooth they will pull off the framerate. #justsayin
#46 Posted by Saga (181 posts) -

I can't wait!

#47 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -
@Toxin066 said:
Great. I've been truly impressed by what I've seen of this game. But how do we get caught up on the first one?
all you need to know:

GERALT HAS AMNESIA. DANDELION AND ZOLTAN ARE YOUR BROS. ORDER OF THE FLAMING ROSE ARE NAZIS AND SCOIA'TEL ARE DICKHEADS.
#48 Posted by Artie (690 posts) -

Remember the first Witcher port to consoles? 

#49 Posted by Toxin066 (3288 posts) -
@Laketown: Hahaha. Thanks duder.
#50 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

awesome have no capable pc so this is great news

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.