Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Patch 1.3 changelog

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mak_wikus
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valrog

Link is busted.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By valrog

Link is busted. Again. Can you guys actually view this?

Edit: Works now.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mak_wikus

It works fine for me. Both of 'em.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Quen Sign slightly de-buffed – Sign dissipates 20%  faster after foes land a blow.
    Awww nuts :3 

Option to fist fight woman praying at a statue in Vergen has been deactivated.
    Wait what, why remove that :D

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti

Damn they are really dedicated to supporting it post release.

Rare to see these days.

Can't wait for the first expansion to come out to get back into it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

I guess some good things about being so far behind on PC games is...the ones I'm playing I can run fully maxed out, get them for cheap, and when I finally get around to playing the sequels, they've already received a major patch and/or an expansion.

I juststarted Witcher:EE!

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By valrog

This is a great patch. I am really grateful for the implementation of the Quickload function.

Now, if only Geralt would use the correct sword during Cutscenes and it would be perfect...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Resident4t said:

Quen Sign slightly de-buffed – Sign dissipates 20% faster after foes land a blow.Awww nuts :3

To be fair it needed that. Hopefully it's enough of a debuf. That sign is way too good and makes everything trivial.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Tennmuerti said:

@Resident4t said:

Quen Sign slightly de-buffed – Sign dissipates 20% faster after foes land a blow.Awww nuts :3

To be fair it needed that. Hopefully it's enough of a debuf. That sign is way too good and makes everything trivial.

Yeah, the final boss is a complete cakewalk with it. It's not as bad as Igni in the first one, where you could mash throughout 90% of the game using it and drinking a few Tiny Owl's, but still.

I'm waiting for this patch before I start over through Roche's path.

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RichMeisterMan
    @Ghostiet: I'm doing the exact same! I ran through and completed Ivoreth's with what I would consider a perfect run. Then I got wind of the patch so I decided to hold off on what I think is going to be my ruthless play through.

I'm glad they are nerfing Quen, but at the same time there were a few instances that were a pain in the ass even with it. Did anyone fight the Operator to get the Vran Armor?  Holy shit that guy was a pain in the ass.  His fireball spell is devastating and his gargoyle pals are no joke either.
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Adamsons
    @RichMeisterMan said:
    @Ghostiet: I'm doing the exact same! I ran through and completed Ivoreth's with what I would consider a perfect run. Then I got wind of the patch so I decided to hold off on what I think is going to be my ruthless play through.  I'm glad they are nerfing Quen, but at the same time there were a few instances that were a pain in the ass even with it. Did anyone fight the Operator to get the Vran Armor?  Holy shit that guy was a pain in the ass.  His fireball spell is devastating and his gargoyle pals are no joke either.
    IIRC im pretty sure you can get Vran armor without having to kill him, you just need to finish the mystic river chain.

I think the only benefits of killing him are the staff weapon and dragon scales, the respec would be better if you went into impregnation because the mutagens keep the bonus if you respec out of it apparently, not that it matters at that point though.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By valrog
    @Adamsons said:
    @RichMeisterMan said:
    @Ghostiet: I'm doing the exact same! I ran through and completed Ivoreth's with what I would consider a perfect run. Then I got wind of the patch so I decided to hold off on what I think is going to be my ruthless play through.  I'm glad they are nerfing Quen, but at the same time there were a few instances that were a pain in the ass even with it. Did anyone fight the Operator to get the Vran Armor?  Holy shit that guy was a pain in the ass.  His fireball spell is devastating and his gargoyle pals are no joke either.
    IIRC im pretty sure you can get Vran armor without having to kill him, you just need to finish the mystic river chain.  I think the only benefits of killing him are the staff weapon and dragon scales, the respec would be better if you went into impregnation because the mutagens keep the bonus if you respec out of it apparently, not that it matters at that point though.
    That is correct. I have acquired the armor without fighting the Operator. If I remember correctly, the blueprint isn't even on him but in some chest instead. Just make sure you look everywhere and most importantly, keep Vran Armor Enhancement with you.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FritzDude

The patch is out, but for some reason it wont show up in the automatic download client. And when i try to download the 100Mb file from their official website, both smartscreen and norton says it "could" be a harm to my computer since they have no information over it and few people use it. Why wont it show up in the luancher? No firewall is blocking it either so. Stupid patch...

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RichMeisterMan
    @valrog: Right, the blue print isn't on him, nor the armor that's part of the recipe.  He did have the vran armor enhancement though; where else can I get one if not off the operator's cold corpse?
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By valrog
    @RichMeisterMan said:
    @valrog: Right, the blue print isn't on him, nor the armor that's part of the recipe.  He did have the vran armor enhancement though; where else can I get one if not off the operator's cold corpse?
    Chapter II, I believe. In the stone quarry somewhere, I'm not really sure where I acquired it. Though I could buy it from Bras of Ban Ard (The Blacksmith Sorcerer) though I'm not sure if I have repurchased my Enhancement or if he has it in stock.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FritzDude

Could someone help me with this patch?  

As i previously mentioned, both Norton and SmartScreen say it could hurt my computer if i install the patch manually, but i ignored both of them, but now i get an error saying something about my version is not real when trying to install it... The patch wont show up in the launcher client, and now i can't download the patch manually either... Great. I have bought the retail version and registered my copy so i have no idea why it's acting like this now since i had no issues with the first and second update. In the launcher itself is an icon showing me that i'm online, and at the bottom it says that the 1.02 patch is ready to be installed, but i can't click on it, but it should be installed.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mak_wikus

I didn't have any problems. Downloaded it abd it worked.

The game looks weird in 4:3. And inventory screen, journal, etc. look kinda half-assed :/ They forgot to make the damn fonts larger.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

And the steam update is once again, 9 gigs.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Flaboere
    @Resident4t: Valve has said that it will keep being 9gig unless CD Project Red changes something. And they said more or less the same thing, just with Valve instead. 
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Raineko

I installed the patch and I give some oponions here:
    - The storage is broken for me I can put things in (which I did) but can't take ANYTHING out, which means all my crafting materials are stuck in there
    - The junk panel does NOT show junk
    - The glitch where Geralt will run into a random direction after going through a door is still there
    - Sometimes item description are not shown
    - The X360 pad controls with the stick are STILL unresponsive 

Okay let me say this:
    The concept of this game is awesome, the graphics are awesome, the voice actors are awesome, the animations are awesome, the music is awesome, the programming is horrendous. This game has so many obvious bugs and glitches that it still feels kinda broken to me after patch 1.3. 

CD Prject Red, please get you some new programmers guys, these you have are not doing their job very good.

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DumbFounded

Dont suppose anyones sound has gone funky after the patch? My background music has just stopped and the voice acting is 50/50, sometime they speak, sometime I have to lip read.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Jackel2072

i wil say this much. if you are playing this through steam and the game fails to load DO NOT i repeat DO NOT!!! verify the game cache. it will delete and re download 9 gigs of the game all over again. you need to either run steam as admin or the witcher2.exe as an admin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.