Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Patch coming soon, will improve frame rate

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Great news for anyone who can't run the game on the highest settings, the next patch should improve the frame rate and loading times for most users. 

Internal tests of Patch 1.1 are well under way. Our current target is to release it this evening. Please note that although we are doing our best to have it ready by then, the time still may change in order to be completely sure that the patch will function properly. This is our primary concern since there are significant changes and upgrades that will affect many users.

1. Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.

2. Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.

3. Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.

4. Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.

5. Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.

6. Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.

7. Added the option to invert the mouse.

8. nVidia surround vision now works properly.

9. More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance.

10. Removed a bug that prevented completion of the “Blood Curse” quest.

11. Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.

12. GOG.com credits now work properly.

The full list of all changes will be available upon the release of the patch.

Taken from here
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Yeah, I saw that. Too bad I'm going to have to wait until next week to play it with my G35 headset.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ervonymous

Hopefully AMD puts out new drivers and application profiles next week, I doubt I'll get much of a boost out of this. Farting around with RadeonPro isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, installing a hotfix right now.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By withateethuh

My game usually runs about 30ish on high settings, but does seem to have a memory issue where sometimes loading textures causes it to get really slow. Hopefully this will help, or the AMD driver.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By withateethuh

The AMD hotfix just came out, and I really recommend any ATI users to download it, I got a really nice performance boost with my 5770. The framerate is very smooth and there's no hiccups.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

I doubt it will help me. My CPU is bringing me down.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mak_wikus

I'm sitting on i3 540, 5770 1GB and 4 gigs of RAM and I'm running it at med lightning/shadows, memory size large, LOD at normal; turned off downscaling, SSAO, AA, uber-thingy, cinematic depth, motion blur and... decals - I have no idea what this is. Doesn't even stutter, so improved performance makes me super happy.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ervonymous

Glaring issue with the hotfix.
     Glaring issue with the hotfix.
    Or a big coincidence, wouldn't be the first bug I've ran into. It's like an additional sun glare from a specific corner of the world, if I'd turn the camera you wouldn't notice a thing. Needless to say it drives me nuts.

E: Apparently it's the hotfix, a problem specific to crossfire. AMD always finds a way I tell you.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Contro

"The good news is that the patch is ready," A representative of the studio wrote on the Witcher community site this morning. "The bad news is that we have encountered some problems with the server infrastructure, making downloading DLCs impossible. We want to apologize to our fans for not meeting our target of delivering the patch last night. We will update you when we know more."

The patch is said to fix a number of bugs and performance issues, as well as offer players the added option to invert the mouse. Full details can be read here.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By amir90

The new amd hotfix improved my fps a lot.

rawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rawr

Using Nvidia's most decent beta drivers fixed all and any framerate issues for me. Frankly I am waiting for the "Game freezes for 10 to 70 seconds every time I hit ESC" bug fix. Other than that I am kosher.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Franstone
    @TheSeductiveMoose: Have the G35 also.
    They fixing that as well? 
    I hope so, didn't see it on that list unless I missed something.
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Franstone: They said there'd be a patch sometime next week.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

Patch is out now.

And Steam is downloading a 9GB file ....

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Afroman269
    @Tennmuerti said:
    Patch is out now.  And Steam is downloading a 9GB file ....
    wat? well shit...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.