Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

PC version on sale for $20 at Target (Enhanced Update is Free)

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xSeanZx

I just wanted to post a heads up, the PC version of the game is one sale at Target for 20 dollars.

If you have a PC that can handle it, dont forget that the enhanced edition updates are coming to the PC users for free and can already be pre loaded for use on Tuesday.

This is a great alternative for those who were going to drop 60 on the 360 version and have a PC that can run it. The 360 controller works well with this game on the PC too.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

Nice find, if you buy don't forget that you can use the CDkey to get a free DRM free copy on gog.com with loads of extras.

EDIT: Register it here from April 17: http://www.gog.com/en/page/witcherbackup

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mosdl

@Forcen said:

Nice find, if you buy don't forget that you can use the CDkey to get a free DRM free copy on gog.com with loads of extras.

Pretty sure one of the patches removed the DRM from the box copy.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
    @mosdl That's right, there is no DRM for the PC version anymore.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By Forcen

@mosdl: That's true. But the box copy is not downloadable from anywhere with tons of extras. Why not register it to get extended access to the game if needed?

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Just wanted to throw this out there, preloading for the enhanced edition is live now. It's a 10gb download and won't activate until the 17th, but at least you can be ready for it when it unlocks.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vitor

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Just wanted to throw this out there, preloading for the enhanced edition is live now. It's a 10gb download and won't activate until the 17th, but at least you can be ready for it when it unlocks.

The patcher is a bit temperamental and with no visible pause option, the constant disconnects I was having were a concern for such a huge patch. Luckily, it turns out that the thing saves the patch in 300MB increments, so even a disconnect shouldn't set you too far back in updating.

Still, it's a pretty awesome feature. Can't wait for it to unlock. The 4 hours worth of extra content is more than enough to get me to go back to the game. That and the possible performance improvements for lower end hardware due to the fixes they've undoubtedly had to do for the 360 version.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

@Vitor said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

The patcher is a bit temperamental and with no visible pause option, the constant disconnects I was having were a concern for such a huge patch. Luckily, it turns out that the thing saves the patch in 300MB increments, so even a disconnect shouldn't set you too far back in updating.

This is very true. I nearly died when I woke up this morning only to find out it had lost connection with about 10 percent left to go. Like you said though, it was able to pick right up and finished in about 15 minutes. Now I don't know if I should keep playing more tonight or just wait until Tuesday for all the new content.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vitor

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

@Vitor said:

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

This is very true. I nearly died when I woke up this morning only to find out it had lost connection with about 10 percent left to go. Like you said though, it was able to pick right up and finished in about 15 minutes. Now I don't know if I should keep playing more tonight or just wait until Tuesday for all the new content.

It's only another 2 days. And the new content fits into the game already seamlessly. I wouldn't play too much in case you move past a trigger point for one of the new scenarios and miss out on the added content until your next playthrough :)

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By mosdl

Does the preload work for the Steam version?

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By megasoum

Sigh, I wish we would have Target up here in Canada...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.