Play it now or wait for April.17 Enhanced Edition? (PC)

#1 Posted by fetchfox (1268 posts) -

I just bought the game digitally, wanting a new RPG experience. But now that I know that the Enhanced Edition will be released for free as a PC update in under two weeks, should I wait? I'll probably manage to wait, but I really want to get into it. I've been watching the videos from the first game on YouTube, though I know it is not directly linked to the story in this one. I just wanted to see what it was about.

#2 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

Wait for the update brah.

#3 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Patience.

#4 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I was wondering this too, what are they going to add in the EE

#5 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

You should wait. Lots of new content/quests and graphical/performance updates make it worth the wait.

And if you are inclined to play it with a controller, it seems that support is getting reworked as well.

#6 Posted by fetchfox (1268 posts) -

Yeah, that'll probably be best... @mosdl: I'll be playing with a controller, so I guess that's even more of a reason to wait.

#7 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Patience.

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

4 hours of new content. Plus half hour of new CG including an intro and outtro. I noted down some stuff about it here.

#9 Posted by Commisar123 (1793 posts) -

just wait its so close and so much is added

#10 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Dagbiker said:

4 hours of new content. Plus half hour of new CG including an intro and outtro. I noted down some stuff about it here.

Thanks

#11 Posted by F4t4l3nd (21 posts) -

I never finished it and planned to just start over when the update drops

#12 Posted by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -

I have a slightly different problem.
Already player through Witcher 2 three times. Second time to see different choices and outcomes which are significant. Third time when ther Dark edition came out.
And now EE looks so goddamn tempting.
GHA!

#13 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Don't listen to any of them. Play it now and then do another replay when new version comes out. The game has so many different branching as is and a whole chapter that can be completely different depending on your choices. I say go for it.

#14 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

I have a slightly different problem. Already player through Witcher 2 three times. Second time to see different choices and outcomes which are significant. Third time when ther Dark edition came out. And now EE looks so goddamn tempting. GHA!

If you have the PC version you will get it for free.

#15 Posted by MysteriousFawx (383 posts) -

I'm hoping for 1 change, an 'already known' to display on recipes and formulas I have purchased and used...so much wasted virtual gold

#16 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

On a related note, is it worth replaying when it gets updated to EE?

#17 Edited by Tennmuerti (8104 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:

@Tennmuerti said:

I have a slightly different problem. Already player through Witcher 2 three times. Second time to see different choices and outcomes which are significant. Third time when ther Dark edition came out. And now EE looks so goddamn tempting. GHA!

If you have the PC version you will get it for free.

I know, but al those playthroughs take quite a bit of time :P
#18 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

I'm in the same situation and just decided to wait. I bought the game on release and played about a couple of hours and I kept putting off going back to it because I kept hearing about another update that was fix this and add that.

#19 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

I have about 10 hours in the main game. Will that carry over or will I need to start over? I guess it's not a big deal since I can skip cutscenes now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.