Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Quick question about parry talent

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Started playing this couple days ago. I am past the prologue, somewhere early in chapter 1. I still can't seem to parry after putting 2 talents into parry all directions in the training part of the skill tree (this is the only part available atm).

Am I missing something? Is this a bug?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Theres a skill for blocking in all directions and a seperate skill for parrying, are parry icons popping up on enemies when they attack you? If not you don't have the skill yet.

I think you'll have to fill out the whole training tree before unlocking the sword tree with the parry skill, i think...

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

You might be interested in this. It changes the combat to make it feel more like witcher 3. I believe you get a dedicated block button right off the bat.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn: I don't see the blocking skill, I was able to block from the get-go. I've put 2 points into parry all directions and don't see the parry icon pop upon enemy attack when blocking. Thanks, I'll see if there is a separate parry skill once swordsmanship tree is available.

@xanadu: I think the enhanced edition or more recent updates may have folded some of the mods into the game. I'm not really having problems with the combat and block was available from the start. Just wondering about the parry situation as I've already put 2 points into the skill.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

I think we're confusing parry with riposte. Riposte is a second skill you can get once you unlock the swordsmanship tree. So you currently can block in all directions with 100% damage reduction at level 2 of that skill, but to counterattack you need to get the riposte skill.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I had to use the challenge arena thing to practice getting the parrying/blocking/riposte down. Took me longer than it probably should have, but the arena helped.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seems like the question has been resolved, but hey, I hope you enjoy the game. It's one of my personal favourites.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By liquiddragon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.