Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

So which game content is new?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I just beat the game. It was so good. Just curious though - I know about the changelog of animations and stuff like that, but which actual quests are new with the Enhanced Edition?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

ALL the dlc is added. Stuff like troll trouble is new. The epilogue I think is new. The dark items are also new. 

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I want to say the quests involving those two counts were new. I think some others ones were as well but I'm unsure.

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IAmNotBatman

Weirdly enough I only just beat it myself. I believe there is a quest I did involving Cynthia that I completed which isn't in the original, The Secrets of Loc Muinne I think.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @IAmNotBatman said:

Weirdly enough I only just beat it myself. I believe there is a quest I did involving Cynthia that I completed which isn't in the original, The Secrets of Loc Muinne I think.

Yes that is new. 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude
    d0rks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By d0rks

@xyzygy said:

(..) but which actual quests are new with the Enhanced Edition?

At least the following (side) quests:

For Roche's path: "Lilies and Vipers" with the subquests

• "Crown Witness"
    • "Pacta Sunt Servanta" (sic)
    • "The Messenger"

For Iorveth's path: "The Secrets of Loc Muinne"

Both during Act III, in Loc Muinne.

More information about these quests can be found on the last pages of the Quest Handbook that came with the game.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Wile we are on the subject. How do you get the pest control Achivement? Does it need two play thoughs? 

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By paco

@The_Laughing_Man: You can get it in one playthrough (I got it on my first playthrough, was on Roche's path). You need to beat all the "contract" quests to get it. Doing some research, that would be the Nekker, Endrega, Rotfiend, and Gargoyle contracts on Roche's path, and Iorveth's path involves the Nekker, Endrega, Harpy, Harpy Queen, and Gargoyle contracts.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ThePaco said:

@The_Laughing_Man: You can get it in one playthrough (I got it on my first playthrough, was on Roche's path). You need to beat all the "contract" quests to get it. Doing some research, that would be the Nekker, Endrega, Rotfiend, and Gargoyle contracts on Roche's path, and Iorveth's path involves the Nekker, Endrega, Harpy, Harpy Queen, and Gargoyle contracts.

You cant finish the harpy contract with Roche from what I heard. 
    MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By MetalBaofu

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@ThePaco said:

You cant finish the harpy contract with Roche from what I heard.

I just finished my first play through and I went with Roche. I got that achievement as soon as I finished the gargoyle contract. As mentioned, the others I did were the nekker, endrega, and rotfiend.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By paco

@The_Laughing_Man: I should have worded it better, but you just need to complete all contract quests on the path you take. So to get the achievement on Roche's path, you never need to do the harpy or harpy queen quest (not like you could do it anyways, but I could be wrong, it has been a year since I played the game).

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @ThePaco said:

@The_Laughing_Man: I should of worded it better, but you just need to complete all contract quests on the path you take. S

Thats what confused me. Thanks. I skipped the gargoyal on the elf path cause I didnt wanna deal with the guards chasing me. 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By xyzygy

@The_Laughing_Man said:

ALL the dlc is added. Stuff like troll trouble is new. The epilogue I think is new. The dark items are also new.

Wow, the Epilogue is new? How was that NOT in the original game? It explains SO MUCH of really central plot points...

@d0rks: Cool, thanks. It's funny because "Secrets of Loc Muinne" was actually my favorite quest in the game, from Iorveth's path at least. :) Good to know that there are 3 more quests for my Roche playthrough, which I am starting right now!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Marz
    @xyzygy said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

ALL the dlc is added. Stuff like troll trouble is new. The epilogue I think is new. The dark items are also new.

Wow, the Epilogue is new? How was that NOT in the original game? It explains SO MUCH of really central plot points...

@d0rks: Cool, thanks. It's funny because "Secrets of Loc Muinne" was actually my favorite quest in the game, from Iorveth's path at least. :) Good to know that there are 3 more quests for my Roche playthrough, which I am starting right now!

epilogue isn't new, there are new ending cutscenes though which wasn't in the original release.   
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Animasta

@xyzygy said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

is the epilogue updated beyond just talkin with Letho? that was basically it as far as the original was concerned.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

If you have the new Handbook it actually shows which sidequests were added.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Marz said:
    @xyzygy said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

epilogue isn't new, there are new ending cutscenes though which wasn't in the original release.   
    Thats what I meant sorry. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.