Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

So, who'd you choose? (END OF CHAPTER 1 SPOILERS)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Animasta
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Animasta

Sorry i'm an idiot at creating polls, but who'd you go for? I went for Iorveth because Elves are rad and Roche is a dick

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thule

Why's Roche a dick? He's the only one who hadn't tried to kill Geralt yet.

I picked Roche. Ended up in King Henselt army camp, which is a pretty cool location. The surrounding countryside is beautiful too. Mountains with valleys carved inbetween and the sounds of water crashing against the cliffs. This game is absolutely gorgeous.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By jimbo_n

Vernon. It felt like that made way more sense looking at how the situation was and also even tho I like elves I didn't like Iorveths reasoning, or rather lack thereof, at all.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Heltom92

Roche all the way.

Oh and I love how when you choose Roche, Geralt whacks Iorveth in the face.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By onan

Ew, I'm not aligning assholes. Was that what the wooden dildos were for?? Ew.

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zungerman090

Roche. Iorveth is a dick. Henselt is a pig though, so I guess having Saskia on Iorveth's side balances things out. Besides, Roche got us out of the prison while Iorveth tried to kill us. TWICE

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gike987

Iorveth is one of the best characters in the game, you should all feel bad for not siding with him.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By HS21

Picked Iorveth which sides me with the Dragon Slayer (this universe's Joan of Arc) who's uniting the peasants, humans, dwarves and elves against that douche Henselt. 

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By demonbear

I was all for Roche at first because he backed me up first. But then I was caught in this moment where I had to decide if i'd give Iorveth's sword back or not and, My Geralt does not kill people unarmed so I went with that and one thing led to another, Im with Squirrels now.

God I love this game!!!

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By raiz265

I CAN'T DECIDE!

AAAHHHH!

Those decisions make games incredibly hard for me...
    Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Adamsons
    HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HS21
    @demonbear said:
    I was all for Roche at first because he backed me up first. But then I was caught in this moment where I had to decide if i'd give Iorveth's sword back or not and, My Geralt does not kill people unarmed so I went with that and one thing led to another, Im with Squirrels now. God I love this game!!!
    I did the same thing and then was all bummed because of the consequences of that split second decision! I realized there was a DLC mission and since I was at a point of no return I loaded my game before that to be able to do it.  I then came back to that decision and I didn't give Ioverth his sword THEN...

So yeah this game is pretty damn good. 
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Vorbis

Went with Roche, love the Special Forces crew, how can I turn on my buddies after we all got drunk and I woke up with a stupid tattoo? Plus Ves is pretty great, not sure if I can stay loyal to Triss. Only downside is the ass that is Henselt, but I'm hoping there will be some way to turn on him if possible.

Will go with Iorverth next time, it's amazing how different Chapter 2 is based on that decision, game will definitely be worth playing at least twice.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NoXious

Iorveth, I didn't like how Roche charged in without faith in my abilities. 
    Dude could go to hell from then on. 

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrOldboy

ahhh! your title is a spoiler. Now I know I have to make a choice at the end of chapter 1!

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zithe

I decided to throw Iorveth his sword because he was helping me at that particular moment. I am still undecided on who I am going to turn to next though.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Animasta
    @MrOldboy said:
    ahhh! your title is a spoiler. Now I know I have to make a choice at the end of chapter 1!
    BREAKING NEWS; YOU WILL DECIDE IN A WESTERN RPG SPORTS AT 11
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zithe

By the way, I am about to hop back into the game and choose one of the crossroads quests. Can anyone share, in a non-spoilery way, who they sided with and whether or not they regret it?

Spacemanchuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Spacemanchuck

I sided with Iorveth for the main reason that Roche is a racist and hates non-humans.   That's no good cause Elves and Dwarves are the shit!  Iroveth does hate humans for too, so in someways he's just as bad, but I can understand why he would hate and be untrusting of humans.  I did want to help Roche because sided with me initially and got me out of prison, but then I remembered he let me get my ass beat in that jail for quite some time before sitting me down for a chat.  That's fucked up!  Ultimately it seemed that Iorveth was more interested in the greater good than Roche.  I will replay it as Roche for sure.

juxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By juxt

I chose Roche because he had a boat and was presumably ready to leave right then, whereas the Elves would probably make me stab a few more of them before they'd let me go with them.

udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By udabenshen

I picked Roche, but once I learned how picking Iorveth would change chapter 2, I wish I went that way.  Hensalt and Dethmold are total dicks.

joesson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joesson

I chose Roche at first because I wanted to help Flotsom before I left, but once I saw the company Roche keeps in Chapter 2 I reloaded a save right before I helped Roche and went with Iorveth.  This game is great about having shades of grey in every choice.

zungerman090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zungerman090
    @Juxt said:
    I chose Roche because he had a boat and was presumably ready to leave right then, whereas the Elves would probably make me stab a few more of them before they'd let me go with them.
    I don't know why, but every time I hear something about boats, this image pops into my head   
    No Caption Provided
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Wow! Really split vote! That's why I love the Witcher so much, I found it really hard to choose.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Binman88

I picked Iorveth. There were good moral reasons to go with Roche, but to be fair, most of the humans in Flotsam were dicks, and at least Iorveth is interested in a world where all races live together. As you play on (not really a spoiler) a lot of the humans you encounter are very quick to bad-mouth non-humans and further prove themselves to just be complete assholes. Elves to the same, to some extent, but at least they're following Iorveth who seems (for the moment) more open minded about the future.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vodun

Went with Iorveth, I really dislike his methods and reasoning but I felt the cause is just. Roche on the other hand I liked, but the humans are such assholes...

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By armaan8014

I've been reeally confused about this decision and so have not played since last night cuz I couldn't decide what to do. Played through both side's escape from Flotsam and still couldn't decide.
     Initially had the impulse to go with Iovereth but got second thoughts as I had hated the Scoiatel in the first game, and even in the books they're shown as big assholes.
    But now, after having read many topics, I remembered that Iovereth said that he wanted a free state for the Elves, where humans and non - humans live in harmony and without discrimination, whereas Roche just wants to kill all non- humans without reasoning.

Plus the Sex bath scene (elven ruins) kinda forced me to sympathize with them, and it looked as if even Triss felt sorry for how things had gone for them.
    So yeah, Iovereth, atleast for this playthrough :)

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By valrog

Vernon Roche.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MikkaQ

My reasoning is that me and iorveth and his crew were about to smoke the shit out of the kingslayer, then friggin Rambo-Roche just runs in and starts killing shit willy nilly leading to more troubles. So I sided with the elves.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DonPixel

I went with Roche in my first run, but as soon as the game is finish I'm planing on going back to re do Iorveth.. no biggie.

gogbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gogbot

Well i looked at it basically as either 

you fight for cause with Iorveth
    Or 
    stay neutral with Roche

Witchers are supposed to neutral , but as more of Gearalt back-story is revealed , it makes more sense for him to side with Iorveth.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By valrog
    fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 29

#34  Edited By fistfulofmetal

I picked Roche my first run through because given the two choices I couldn't see Geralt picking Iorveth at all. The Scoia'tael are a bunch of murders and bandits IMO. They fight for freedom but do it by killing innocents. No way would Geralt side with them when his entire purpose in life is to protect innocents from monsters.

I'm on my second run through the game and I chose Iorveth and I see where he's coming from but still don't think Geralt would ever side with him.

faunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By faunt

Roche's is a dick, but a patriot. Chose him all the way. 

Gave Iorveth his sword some time before, it's not like I hate him, Roche just seems like a better "friend" for Geralt.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jimbo
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By valrog
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SlasherMan

I went with Roche, for the sole reason of getting to kill Loredo and remaining neutralish. Roche was only interested in going after the King's killer at that point, so he seemed like the 'safer' option. I didn't really like him much at first, Iorveth seemed to be a cooler character with a cause you could get behind, but Roche comes into his own later on.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Evilsbane

@gike987 said:

Iorveth is one of the best characters in the game, you should all feel bad for not siding with him.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By Tennmuerti

The story is structured in such a way that either option seems like the best one when you first play through it. :)

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BladeOfCreation

I sided with Roche.  While I don't like the racism that is so prevalent in the human communities in the game, I felt that it was the most logical choice:  Iorveth already attacked Geralt and was allied with the kingslayers.  Also, I was not convinced that his way was the right one--the Squirrels he led seemed just as keen on hurting innocent people as they were on fighting the establishment.  Aside from that, it seemed to make more sense to not side with the kingslayers' allies if my main goal was to clear my name...

Of course, I am going to play through again (loading a save right before that choice rather than going through the whole first chapter again) to see it differently.  And I will make the logical choice again:  Geralt will side with Iorveth, because he is sick and tired of being shit on for being a mutant--even a mutant that helps people.  Also, kings send people to war for their own selfish gains, so to hell with them.  I like to roleplay my characters in RPGs like this, thinking of justifications for their actions in terms of the game world rather than just "I want to replay it."

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By justicejanitor

I just passed that point in the game. It was a very difficult choice for me. I like Roche but the company he keeps and the humans in general are dicks. I don't like Iorveth all that much but I think he's fighting for a good cause and he keeps good company. I went with Iorveth and so far I don't regret it. What helped me decide was when Iorveth said :  "I want a Elves to be able to enter a human Inn. I want Humans to be able to enter the forest without fear." That made me think he was fighting for equality which made me side with him. Also, dwarfs are awesome. 
    I love the moral choices in this game, so much shades of grey, this game is amazing.

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikkaq: that is the exact same reason I sided with Iorveth. Rambo Roche, that's awesome.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I picked Roche. Just felt like I had to. Him and I had a strained relationship but we became friends (well, as close as possible) by the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.