Steam Sale

#1 Posted by andrewf87462 (558 posts) -

It's currently in the Steam sale at £4.99. Bloody bargain for anyone that hasn't played it before.

#2 Edited by Russcat (140 posts) -

Sold! Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for this one to get ridiculously cheap :)

#3 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I already had the GOG DRM-free version, but at that price I had to add it to my Steam collection.

Sweet, sweet Steam.

#4 Edited by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

People should get it. It's one of the best games I ever played.

I used to be real big on Zelda and a bit on Mass Effect but Witcher 2 totally pushed away 23 years of Zelda fangirling. With ease. Amazing game front to back.

#5 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Don't take the human path, it's the most boring shit ever. The other path (elves) on the other hand is why IMO this game is a mindfucking masterpiece.

And for what it's worth, the other path is totally true to the first game in its vibe, missions/side missions and atmosphere. The human path made me feel like I'm playing in a different franchise.

#6 Edited by Hector (3365 posts) -

Tempting, to bad my computer will fry up If I try to play something like the Witcher, haha!

#7 Posted by JacDG (2126 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Don't take the human path, it's the most boring shit ever. The other path (elves) on the other hand is why IMO this game is a mindfucking masterpiece.

And for what it's worth, the other path is totally true to the first game in its vibe, missions/side missions and atmosphere. The human path made me feel like I'm playing in a different franchise.

Huh, maybe I need to play it again then, because I thought even the human path was pretty damn good. The game as a whole was so fantastic that I probably should go through it again no matter what.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11923 posts) -

Damn, I bought it at the low, low price of $11. I could have saved four bucks.

Ah, well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.