Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

The Witcher 2 console version to be announced at E3?

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mak_wikus
    Xdsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Xdsk

Fingers crossed! Havent got a PC high spec enough to play this, so this is good news.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @Xdsk said:
    Fingers crossed! Havent got a PC high spec enough to play this, so this is good news.
    Agreed.
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By FireBurger

I don't know, from the what he said, it doesn't necessarily sound like it's going to be the Witcher 2.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

they are announcing a new game, not witcher 2 on consoles, they even said it

while that might happen (and i hope it does, the game deserves it), thats not what the conference is about. Or Witcher 2 expansions for that matter

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33

It would be awesome but you know what would be cooler? The deluxe edition comes with the the first game. They'd have my preorder roughly 2 minutes after the announcement

thornie_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By thornie_delete

It would be a bit weird seeing this game running on a console, since so much of the games appeal is how downright beautiful it looks.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

I wanted to get the first one when it came out on 360, but the console version got cancelled.  You love it if this is true.  Sure I can run it on this PC, but I will have to tone down the settings a bit.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By valrog
    StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StrikeALight

It just doesn't make much business sense to port the sequel, and not the the original.

aseinsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By aseinsha

from what i understand and from what the devs have said its a "brand new project"

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Tsoglani

Great news! I also don't have a PC that has high enough specs, so it would be awesome if this happens.

spree4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By spree4567
    Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Surkov

I'm just wondering how good it will look on this generation of consoles. 

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By HydraHam

God i hope so! i wanna play this game so bad, i am thinking about picking up Witcher Enhanced since systemrequirementslab says my laptop can run it, to hold me over.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Edwardryu

well, it will be no console port. it shouldn't be. developers talked about original witcher game for console with tweaking story. honestly your console can't run TW 2. system requirement is beyond console hardware. don't blame if they won't make. you know, there are always console only games or PC only games. period. this aren't console game. never.

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By salad10203

Just finished it, instant classic.  Played the whole game with my Xbox controller and it was great.  I am curious to see how it performs on 360, because it gave my 280 gtx some serious trouble, in the end I could run it on Ultra though.

baconfrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By baconfrenzy

I think the game is optimized well enough so that it could very well be a good port over to the console sphere.  

I like it done this way though, PC to Console always seems so much more natural.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By withateethuh

This makes me happy because I want my console only friends to enjoy this game.

Atrithau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Atrithau
    @baconfrenzy said:
    I think the game is optimized well enough so that it could very well be a good port over to the console sphere.  

I like it done this way though, PC to Console always seems so much more natural.
    Well optimized? Are you serious?  I'm not sure you know what optimization means.
    baconfrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By baconfrenzy
    @Atrithau:  

I got it to run fine on my pc, which is far from great. No, it's nothing like crysis 2 in those terms, but it did a fine job finding my specs and then tuning the game to fit around them.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By buft
    @Atrithau said:
    @baconfrenzy said:

Well optimized? Are you serious?  I'm not sure you know what optimization means.
    lol yeah, this game needs an absolute beast to run, a lot of people complained that they can only run the game on high even with some of the bes hardware and even then it crashes and suffers mad slow down at times.
    Atrithau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Atrithau
    @baconfrenzy said:

@Atrithau:   I got it to run fine on my pc, which is far from great. No, it's nothing like crysis 2 in those terms, but it did a fine job finding my specs and then tuning the game to fit around them.

So you're saying it's good because under certain options it actually runs? That's not good optimization, that just means the game is functional. Good optimization is when the game isn't staggering like a mule on a computer that can run three instances of Crysis at ultra settings simultaneously. I found it absolutely ridiculous how it was performing when I tried to set it up according to my specs. And I wouldn't defend CDProjekt either, since this is the second time they've should that they're totally incompetent when it comes to handling these issues; it was pretty much the same in the first game, albeit that was even worse given the 10 minute loading times!
    H4xlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By H4xlike
    @Atrithau said:
    @baconfrenzy said:

How is it not?  I've never played it but people are running this on pretty weak hardware.  
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xyzygy
    @StrikeALight said:
    It just doesn't make much business sense to port the sequel, and not the the original.
    Atrithau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Atrithau
    @H4xlike said:
    @Atrithau said:
    @baconfrenzy said:

How is it not?  I've never played it but people are running this on pretty weak hardware.  
    I was talking more about the fact that you can have a super-computer and it will still stutter, no matter what you do. People have tried uninstalling certain drivers and other sort of crap, but it still runs nastily on Ultra, on just about any powerful computer - while another segment of the population gets problems with constant crashing. 
    aseinsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By aseinsha
    @spree4567
    how so ?.... what does that link prove? :S 

it says: 
    Platform: Windows PC ... and thats it.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Contro
    @SpiritSentinel:  

It was supposedly listed earlier, but has since been taking down, allegedly. 

A game is coming, but I doubt it's TW2. I think it's more likely to be another title that's set in the world of the Witcher.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @StrikeALight said:

The story connects very loosely to the original game.  The first game itself is a continuation of a series of books that have never been translated into English, much of Geralt's backstory in both games makes little sense if you don't know what happened.  Missing out on the first game is nothing compared to not knowing the events of the novels. 

Even if the game they're announcing isn't a console port, it'll happen eventually.  It's a game that's perfectly suited to working on consoles, the Xbox 360 controller on the PC is arguably better for playing the game than mouse/keyboard is and they'd find a much bigger audience over on the 360 and the fact that it was listed more or less confirms it.  Why wouldn't they port it?
    H4xlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By H4xlike
    @Atrithau said:
    @H4xlike said:
    @Atrithau said:
    @baconfrenzy said:

I was talking more about the fact that you can have a super-computer and it will still stutter, no matter what you do. People have tried uninstalling certain drivers and other sort of crap, but it still runs nastily on Ultra, on just about any powerful computer - while another segment of the population gets problems with constant crashing. 
    Oh ok.  Well in that guys defense a lot of that just seems like poor optimization due to them being a small dev making an ambitious PC game.  If they ported it to Xbox it would be easier for them to get it running smoothly on the dedicated hardware.  
    aseinsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By aseinsha
    @Contro: most likely. we all know they ganna release something but I highly doubt it'll be WC2 iono..
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By fjordson
    @SpiritSentinel said:
    @spree4567
    how so ?.... what does that link prove? :S 

it says: 
    Platform: Windows PC ... and thats it.
    The 360 rating was rescinded. Was there previously. 

I really do hope it comes to 360. I'll have that shit pre-ordered the minute it shows up on Amazon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.