Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

The Witcher 2 hitting Xbox 360 April 17

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Sunesha

Will it live up to my standards . . .

US box art
    US box art

This is one of the games I have been looking forward for. Who doesn't want look like a gray-haired young man with a sword on his back. I am mostly interested in the quests and character system. Hopefully it can live up to my expectations. I need a good story. Hopefully it is not a to much hack and slash adventure. I read about the detective quests, those was the one that caught my interest for game.

Also it would be great it have some depth. I like details. Like the saying, the devil is in the details.

Feel free to comment and discuss.

Sunesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sunesha

Will it live up to my standards . . .

US box art
    US box art

This is one of the games I have been looking forward for. Who doesn't want look like a gray-haired young man with a sword on his back. I am mostly interested in the quests and character system. Hopefully it can live up to my expectations. I need a good story. Hopefully it is not a to much hack and slash adventure. I read about the detective quests, those was the one that caught my interest for game.

Also it would be great it have some depth. I like details. Like the saying, the devil is in the details.

Feel free to comment and discuss.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mazik765

On my birthday!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Enigma777

So excite! I already finished all the books in anticipation.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Pezen

That's great, been very curious about this game considering all the good things said about it.

Also, that's a stupid box art.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

Why does the box art remind me of medieval fantasy Battlefield...

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't wait. Box art is ok.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kyrieee

If you want a good story I don't think it will disappoint you, but playing it twice is almost mandatory. Also know that it requires you to pay attention :P

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By unchained

I think I'm about on my 4th or 5th playthrough since the game was released May 17th of last year. You won't be disappointed. The game is incredible.

I may even pick it up on 360 as well. I feel somewhat compelled to get some Witcher 2 achievements connected to my account.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By valrog

I'm looking forward to it, because PC is getting Enhanced Edition as well. Can't possibly wait. Also, THAT TRAILER!!!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Tennmuerti

@valrog: Did they say if it will be available like a DLC/expansion for those that already own the PC version?

BTW that's the assassination of the first king in the trailer, if anyone wanted to know.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By duder123

I wish this would be released for the ps3

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By daiphyer

YES YES YES YES YES YES

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@Tennmuerti:

Just like the first game, people who already own it get the EE stuff patched in.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

If it does well on the system, then great, but considering those that haven't played the first since the lack of PC power, why would we want this one yet? Even if it is as awesome as people say (which I do believe it probably is).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Great! Hopefully it'll be a decent port, but CD Projekt has had plenty of time. Just hoping the framerate is solid.

Can't wait. I need a reason to use my 360, other than Mass Effect 3, of course.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I have no comment.. The Witcher is the best RPG I've ever played, and Witcher 2 looks and feels superb, but I just am not interested in continuing my playthrough, the game is fucking boring.  

They removed the things that made the first game awesome: The grim and bleak universe, and all the miserable humans and foul creatures that infested it. They replaced that great atmosphere and environment with good graphics and a focus on the fucking characters.. Whoever thinks that characters can be THAT interesting that a whole game is based around them is delusional. Fuck Henslet and fuck his wizard.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By M_Shini

The game will proberly do pretty nice, and even if you havent played the first one, (which i still havent) the game is fine without it and explains plenty enough without you feeling lost and it seeming dumb since he still has his amnesia from the first.

Reminds me i need to go and play the first one sometimes before the EE comes out, always wnated to with a save game to carry over.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By valrog

@Tennmuerti: Free updates for people who already own it. Also, PC players are getting a "surprise" too, whether it has something to do with the expansion or some other content, I don't know. Here's a small summary of what we're getting.

• New intro
    • 2 new quests (4h of extra gameplay)
    • Extended epilogue
    • Better targeting system
    • Better pad controls for those who cheat on their M/Ks
    • New locations
    • New storyline characters

Also, after that trailer I fear Letho even more. I was confused when I first played it, but this trailer not only showed his assassination, but also made Letho a lot better (Showing him quick and adgile, despite being a "mountain of meat"). The whole thing, it just works.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fjordson

So glad this has a firm release date, already dying to play it. Definitely picking up the dark edition day 1.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By musubi

That box art is pretty fucking rad.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By L44

People keep saying it's not a port. Explain.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By Claude
    @L44 said:

My gut tells me from reading, that a 360 version has been in the works for a while. At one time, there was a port being made of the original Witcher, but it was canned. From what I understand, a 360 version of the Witcher 2 was started immediately, hand in hand along with the PC game.

It's funny, I find the Witcher 2 plays really well with a dual analog controller. If this holds true, 360 owners are in for a treat.
    Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm really looking forward to it. Upon the news of W2's 360 release I finally caved and picked up the first game, now that I have a PC than can run it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@NTM said:

If it does well on the system, then great, but considering those that haven't played the first since the lack of PC power, why would we want this one yet? Even if it is as awesome as people say (which I do believe it probably is).

It is available on Onlive for those that don't have a PC capable of playing it. Obviously not the ideal way to play the game, but for someone that wants to experience the first game before the second, it is certainly a way for anyone without gaming PC to do so.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By valrog

@AhmadMetallic said:

I have no comment.. The Witcher is the best RPG I've ever played, and Witcher 2 looks and feels superb, but I just am not interested in continuing my playthrough, the game is fucking boring. They removed the things that made the first game awesome: The grim and bleak universe, and all the miserable humans and foul creatures that infested it. They replaced that great atmosphere and environment with good graphics and a focus on the fucking characters.. Whoever thinks that characters can be THAT interesting that a whole game is based around them is delusional. Fuck Henslet and fuck his wizard.

Ehm, no.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By BBQBram

Adding to wishlist!

@Claude said:

@L44 said:

My gut tells me from reading, that a 360 version has been in the works for a while. At one time, there was a port being made of the original Witcher, but it was canned. From what I understand, a 360 version of the Witcher 2 was started immediately, hand in hand along with the PC game. It's funny, I find the Witcher 2 plays really well with a dual analog controller. If this holds true, 360 owners are in for a treat.

That bodes well, for Claude knows all.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Claude
    @BBQBram said:

Adding to wishlist!

@Claude said:

@L44 said:

My gut tells me from reading, that a 360 version has been in the works for a while. At one time, there was a port being made of the original Witcher, but it was canned. From what I understand, a 360 version of the Witcher 2 was started immediately, hand in hand along with the PC game. It's funny, I find the Witcher 2 plays really well with a dual analog controller. If this holds true, 360 owners are in for a treat.

I don't know about all that. But my gut tells me The Witcher 2 is going to play well and look good doing it on the Xbox 360. Only time will tell if I'm wrong.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Claude said:
    @BBQBram said:

Adding to wishlist!

@Claude said:

@L44 said:

I don't know about all that. But my gut tells me The Witcher 2 is going to play well and look good doing it on the Xbox 360. Only time will tell if I'm wrong.
    Err..can you....MAYBE know..the err...lotto numbers? 

I plan to ask for this week off from work and pick the game up. I might even go for the "dark" edition and get the pendent! 
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Claude
    @The_Laughing_Man: Sorry, I'm just an older version of all the dumb asses on the internet. I'm willing to learn. I can be wrong, so I got that going for me.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Claude said:
    @The_Laughing_Man: Sorry, I'm just an older version of all the dumb asses on the internet. I'm willing to learn. I can be wrong, so I got that going for me.
    At least your willing to admit it. Thats a rare thing. 
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By mosdl

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Err..can you....MAYBE know..the err...lotto numbers? I plan to ask for this week off from work and pick the game up. I might even go for the "dark" edition and get the pendent!

Game isn't that long

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @mosdl said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Err..can you....MAYBE know..the err...lotto numbers? I plan to ask for this week off from work and pick the game up. I might even go for the "dark" edition and get the pendent!

Game isn't that long

I have to take a week. The wont let us take a few days off.  I know the game is not that long. But I get 31 hours paid vacation. 
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mosdl

@The_Laughing_Man Be sure to save right before you and Triss fall down into a pool and replay all of that over an over...

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @mosdl said:

@The_Laughing_Man Be sure to save right before you and Triss fall down into a pool and replay all of that over an over...

Ive seen someone else play it and still really wanna play the game. (Watched the Lets play but Jesse Cox) I did not get far into the first. I still need to try the "Kingdom of Amular" Demo. that might be the other game I ask off for. 
    BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoOzak

@valrog said:

@Tennmuerti: Free updates for people who already own it. Also, PC players are getting a "surprise" too, whether it has something to do with the expansion or some other content, I don't know. Here's a small summary of what we're getting.

• New intro
    • 2 new quests (4h of extra gameplay)
    • Extended epilogue
    • Better targeting system
    • Better pad controls for those who cheat on their M/Ks
    • New locations
    • New storyline characters

Also, after that trailer I fear Letho even more. I was confused when I first played it, but this trailer not only showed his assassination, but also made Letho a lot better (Showing him quick and adgile, despite being a "mountain of meat"). The whole thing, it just works.

Would've prefered better M&K controls but I often play PC games with my Xbox controller so this'll do. And i'm curious about the extended epilogue bit, I loved TW2 but it ended kind've abruptly.(not really spoilers since it's being redone anyway)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.