Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

The Witcher.Com Down

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

Can anyone else browse The Witcher.com's support pages or forum? (5/29/11) - I'm getting 504 errors when trying to get onto the forum and support pages, both seem to have been closed down intentionally. I'm guessing they've been inundated with queries over the last couple of days, which is perfectly understandable given the problems, but no excuse of course.  

They need to get their shit together for future games, both the patch and registration process have been a total shambles.The overall level of support has been poor, I'm still waiting on support reply after sending a query early last week...CD Project will need to invest heavily in their support service before any new game comes along. 

edit:

To be fair to the company, I'm posting again to let anyone know that CD Projekt's support team have got their act together. 

My own issues have been resolved wonderfully, CD Projekt sent me an e-mail yesterday to say they're sending me a "surprise free gift", as a way of saying sorry. I hope it's a Witcher medallion :D

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

Yeah I can't open it.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By amir90
    @Contro: Is that legal? :p

NVM, I still need to enter key, :(
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Contro

CD Projekt have failed me so badly that I'm now having to deal with publishers Namco-Bandai, who I must say have been very helpful. CD Projekt, you fail, big time

The forum is still down for obvious reasons...

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Gargantuan

I still can't register The Witcher 1.
    Why the fuck do I have to register a game to be able to patch?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

OH MY GOD HACKERS ARE TARGETING CD PROJEKT.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By PerryVandell

Bummer.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Binman88

Site seems fine for me. Had no real issues with the game pre-patch, but downloaded the patch anyway without any problems, installed it just fine, and the game runs much better now too.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By awe_stuck

Steam?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vitor
    @Contro said:
    Can anyone else browse The Witcher.com's support pages or forum? (5/29/11) - I'm getting 504 errors when trying to get onto the forum and support pages, both seem to have been closed down intentionally. I'm guessing they've been inundated with queries over the last couple of days, which is perfectly understandable given the problems, but no excuse of course.  

They need to get their shit together for future games, both the patch and registration process have been a total shambles.The overall level of support has been poor, I'm still waiting on support reply after sending a query early last week...CD Project will need to invest heavily in their support service before any new game comes along. 

edit: 

It's back up, and the complaints are rolling in fast. The 1.2 patch cannot come soon enough...
    Seriously? And they launched this game with the official forums down also... 

Most people have been using GOG instead (as have I). 

I definitely saw worsening performance with the 1.1 patch and am really hoping things get sorted soon in 1.2. 

Well, sort of. I finished my second playthrough earlier today as likely won't be picking this back up for a while...
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Contro

@Vitor

I've noticed people using COG as an alternative. The game runs fine for me also, I have no problems what so ever playing the game. 

They're finally dealing with it, but it looks like it's going to take a while...

Hi ___,

Following on from our discussion earlier today and your email, I just wanted to let you know that I have forwarded your issue to CD Projekt and they will try and deal with your issue ASAP. I must let you know however that some of the team are away at the moment and it may take a few weeks for them to return. I’ll try to speed up the process as much as possible but I just want you to know that we’re not ignoring you and I am very much dealing with it. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me. I hope you’re well and speak soon.

Regards,

___

I don't blame for needing a holiday, but I really think they should have had a holiday before the game released, that way you can deal with the inevitable issues that occur upon release.
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Contro

To be fair to the company, I'm posting again to let anyone know that CD Projekt's support team have got their act together. 

My own issues have been resolved wonderfully, CD Projekt sent me an e-mail yesterday to say they're sending me a "surprise free gift", as a way of saying sorry. I hope it's a Witcher medallion :D

Maelstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maelstrom

It took them a while to get their website shit together but they did it and I'm just loving The Witcher 2. My personal game of the year so far by a long shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.