so i just got the consel version and im in act 2 so is there any tips some vetrens of the game can give? also i have some questions.
1. Any way to make mony in this game?
". Any good armor sets in act two i can get?
1. Money is hard to come by in this game, save for one area. It's in act 2:
- Vernon's Path: There is a hermit's hut outside of the camp, called the Visionary. There are endlessly spawning Harpies right outside his house - farm them and sell their components.
- Iorveth's path: DO NOT destroy the harpy nests. They will keep respawning if you keep them intact, so do the same thing, kill them and sell their compnents.
2. As for armor sets... you'll need to tell me what path you've taken. The blacksmith in the camp, the apprentice one, will sell diagrams of armor to you. In Vergen, go to the blacksmith near Philippa's house. Also, there is an AMAZING silver sword in the mines in Vergen, attainable ASAP in Iorveth's path or late in Roche's path. Called the blood sword. Most of the good armor will need to be bought. Sometimes you will find OK armor sets from storyline quests too, like the Armor of Loc Muinne (good for Sign-users) or Seltkirk's armor.
Did you create the Kayran Carapace armor? It's very decent.
@AhmadMetallic: Well that is pretty obvious. What I understand is that he is looking for money besides the obvious quest completion rewards and loot and selling stuff he doesn't need. Plus he's in chapter 2 and that's where you can make the most money so that tactic is his best bet. Money is hard to come by and is easily spent because armor + weapon diagrams, buying/creating components, and crafting them costs so much so the harpy tactic would be the best.
@Z3RO180: OK, no biggie. You will eventually get better armor, although that armor would have been great to have... So, from Vergen, go outside and take the left path when it splits. Keep going and you'll come to a 4 way intersection - go to the Old Quarry. There are TONS of Harpy nests here that are involved in a Harpy extreminating quest. If you haven't done the quest, the harpies will respawn and respawn. Sell all their components for lots of money. If you want, there is a quest giver in the hut beside the quarry who asks you for about 100 feathers in total. It's a pretty funny quest so I recommend you do it - on the way you'll get a lot of harpy components to sell!
As for the armor sets, do you know where Philippa lives yet? There is a dwarf blacksmith near her house who offers the best diagrams, IIRC. They are expensive though so make sure you know what you want and/or make back up saves in case you made a wrong decision. I remember spending between 3,000 and 4,000 on on diagram ALONE.
@Z3RO180: Dark mode isn't too bad. I managed to complete the entire first act with only a steel sword because I opted to go for the money achievement on my Dark playthrough. If I were you I would wait to get the 2nd chapter Dark armor, the third chapter's armor is essentially useless because you're pretty much done the game by the time you get it. I learned that the hard way.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment