What did you do with Letho? (Spoilers)

• 73 results
#1 Edited by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I myself, was a bit unsure of what to do with Letho. He killed many important people, kidnapped Triss, framed the sorceresses, and soiled your name, but he also saved Triss from the mob, helped you get Yennefer, and he only killed the kings because he wanted to restore the witchers.
In the end I let him go, he did things because he thought they were good (at least for the witchers), explained everything, and killing him wouldn't have changed anything. He also ended up becoming one of my favorite characters.

So what did you guys do? Did you fight him to the death, or let him go on his way?

#2 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Talked. Drank Vodka. Pondered what I'd gain if we fought. Nothing. Left in peace.

Saw ladybug. Was happy and felt wise. Clapped at the credits. Read funny and crazy Polish names. Watched that last cutscene. Turned it off for the day.

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (8107 posts) -

He wanted to restore just his own coven of Witchers.
Ans also killed innocents just to make sure he would not be revealed, like the priest who tended to his wounds.
Don't make a mistake thinking that he is a good person. Altho a great character he is.

If you are role playing a good Geralt then it would be appropriate to kill Letho
If on the other hand you are trying to stick more to the traditional Witcher doctrine of neutrality Geralt who only concerns with monsters and curses then one would Letho walk away.

#4 Posted by TatsurouXIII (652 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
.If you are role playing a good Geralt then it would be appropriate to kill LethoIf on the other hand you are trying to stick more to the traditional Witcher doctrine of neutrality Geralt who only concerns with monsters and curses then one would Letho walk away.
And that is why I let him go. With all the things that happened throughout the course of the game killing him seemed like the most pointless thing to do.
#5 Posted by zungerman090 (311 posts) -
@Seppli: Same here. I just thought that killing him would accomplish nothing. Also, I hated Sile, so I was pretty cool with him pinning his crimes on her. 
#6 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

I let him live. Mainly because he saved Triss and I felt that was the most important thing for my character.

#7 Posted by Keystone_Yinzer (134 posts) -

I killed him. My Geralt always keeps his promises, even if it is to a dead king and to a shady special forces operative.

#8 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I killed him despite feeling like I shouldn't. I mean I had to have one last good fight before I ended the game, no?

#9 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -
@Keystone_Yinzer said:
I killed him. My Geralt always keeps his promises, even if it is to a dead king and to a shady special forces operative.
Yeah, I liked Foltest. Maybe Geralt and Letho were even between eachother, but that asshole instigated the entire shitstorm of the game.
#10 Posted by KarlPilkington (2731 posts) -

I fucking hate thread titles like this, although it technically doesn't give anything away, it heavily suggests that you get to decide a certain character's fate.

Which is a basically a spoiler in its self.

#11 Posted by Keystone_Yinzer (134 posts) -
@kyrieee said:
@Keystone_Yinzer said:
Yeah, I liked Foltest. Maybe Geralt and Letho were even between eachother, but that asshole instigated the entire shitstorm of the game.
He may had been a scummy  dark fantasy king, but he was -our- scummy dark fantasy king. Not to mention that he had no problem with Geralt banging his advisor while being his swanky private Witcher.
#12 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I had to kill him because he killed my Poker Dice partner Foltest. But seriously, when did Letho save Triss? Don't recall it happening.

#13 Posted by Aramyn89 (16 posts) -
@Vorbis said:
I had to kill him because he killed my Poker Dice partner Foltest. But seriously, when did Letho save Triss? Don't recall it happening.
Doesn't always happen, depends on the choices you made.
#14 Edited by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

I killed that motherfucker.

#15 Posted by D_W (1163 posts) -

Witchers are objective forces in their universe. Letho explained his actions and Geralt had no ties to the land and a cute sorceress and elf buddy to go on adventures with. So I let Letho live. 

#16 Posted by huelarl (29 posts) -

I let him live, took Triss and walked away, leaving everything behind us.

#17 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

Did not kill him, because I didn't feel like it.

#18 Posted by udabenshen (178 posts) -

I killed him.  He was a bad dude who deserved it.  Also, I didn't want the northern kingdoms to be weakened even more.  Wasn't Letho still under contract from the Nilfgaardians to weaken the north?  Who says he wouldn't have killed Anais, whom I just finished saving? 

Great game though, even if the game play of the 3rd chapter left much to be desired. 

#19 Posted by thornie_delete (436 posts) -

He was Nilfgaardian scum, so he died...  Oh and after that fight with the dragon (who I let live) I wanted blood for all the crap that was unleashed by his actions.

#20 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

I killed his ass. He took mah gurl, and worked for the Nilfgaardians.  

Also killed the dragon since that bitch made me die like a hundred times in the prologue. I did let Silé escape for some reason though. Should've let her blow up.

#21 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Killed him.  Whether or not he had innocent motives didn't make up for what he'd done, he didn't deserve to be let go and potentially would have caused more trouble in the future.  I very much doubt the Emperor was done with using him.

#22 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i killed the kingslayer as i promised to folstead and roche (even tho i didnt follow roche, i followed yorgeth), besides, in a world full of dicks, letho was a prick :P

#23 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

I let him live. We had some vodka, talked about a lot of things. He helped Geralt (and me) piece together why he had lost his memory and Letho's reasons seemed somewhat justified. At the end, Letho, nor Geralt wanted or saw any reason to fight as Letho held no personal grudge against Geralt and agreed to go far away and not trouble him again. 

I thought the ending was very well done and I was left with a melancholy feeling that stuck with me, I can't wait for the next game. 

Now I'm going to play through the game again on hard and choose a more aggressive and revengeful Geralt and see where that takes me.

#24 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@CaLe said:
I killed him because I couldn't stand the voice actor doing him. Absolutely terrible.
#25 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

I ended his life so he couldn't take the lives of others any more. 

#26 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1620 posts) -

Killed him ... I kinda understood his reasoning, but the end not always justifys the means. He had to be punished. I would rather have him in front of a court though.

#27 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I let him go. After the conversation, I just couldn't kill him. Too much blood was spilled, anyway. Not to mention that he helped Triss, Yennefer, and once upon a time... he was a friend. Also, I didn't realize that the Emperor he mentioned was actually a Nilfgaardian.

I missed on some great animation, though, but after seeing the ladybug, it made me smile and I knew I made the right choice.

#28 Posted by FelixCulpa (97 posts) -

I let him go. I did feel any motivation to kill him. Liked the kinda anticlimactic ending. Sorta felt kinda refreshing considering how most RPGs play out in the end stages.  
Although I want the witcher 3 or something, I wanna find out what happens to Geralt next. I mean he hasn't restored his memory completely yet. 

#29 Posted by garyd (19 posts) -

Also let him live. Look at it this way - previous to any of the political intrigue, monster slaying, and general Witcher BS that Geralt had to deal with in both 1 and 2, he had found peace with Yennefer and that should have been his happy ending. Yet the Wild Hunt absconded with Yenn, and the only allies willing and crazy enough to lend a hand in securing her return was Letho and his merry band of Witchers. To me that showed his true character, killing him would have had no purpose.

#30 Posted by RichMeisterMan (70 posts) -

Killing him served no purpose.  He was merely a pawn in a grander scheme. 

Plus, in terms of carrying over your save into the 3rd game the only thing that killing a character like that is going to do it seems is prevent you from accessing a certain quest. This is why I don't consider choosing to let someone live or die as being all that much of a choice, becuase I feel like the more interesting choice is always in letting people live so you can see how that affects the game later.  Like the elven girl that you get off despite leading those soldiers to their death in that cave, I mean you have the chance to condemn her twice, and the 2nd time she really deserved to die, but I let her live and look forward to seeing how that impacts future games or DLC.

#31 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

I killed him, I wanted a climactic boss battle and I got one.(A very satisfying one at that.)

#32 Posted by Franstone (1121 posts) -

I let him go... 
Then I re-loaded the previous save 
Then I killed him.
#33 Posted by gabril (9 posts) -

Ended up killing him on my first run.

I sort of liked Foltest, and I didn't get to see more of Trish in the game because of him.

#34 Posted by Tennmuerti (8107 posts) -
@gabril said:
I sort of liked Foltest, and I didn't get to see more of Trish in the game because of him.
Really?
Foltest was kind of a self centered petulant monarch that would waste the lives of hundreds if not thousands just because he couldn't handle his own shit with his woman.
Plus he was always pressuring Geralt to serve him exclusively as a hired bodyguard both at the end of W1 and at the start of W2. Going so far as to threaten Geralt indirectly a few times.
#35 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
@gabril said:
Really? Foltest was kind of a self centered petulant monarch that would waste the lives of hundreds if not thousands just because he couldn't handle his own shit with his woman. Plus he was always pressuring Geralt to serve him exclusively as a hired bodyguard both at the end of W1 and at the start of W2. Going so far as to threaten Geralt indirectly a few times.
Yeah, I don't know why people like him so much. He's not much better than Henselt, really.
#36 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

i killed his ass. you dont lay hands on my Triss and live to brag about it

#37 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -

I killed him, because, Triss. Also, I felt the game needed a action-packed ending, and not just dialogue. And I had to prove myself after he whooped me earlier in the game.

#38 Posted by Tennmuerti (8107 posts) -

@Rhaknar: @Flaboere:

He actually did nothing to harm Triss. she just happened to be snooping around the teleport aparatus and Letho needed an out, so he made her teleport them, but that's pretty much it. What happaned to her in chapter 2 happaned because Triss and Letho got seperated and she got caught by the empire's sorceress. In fact Letho saves Triss in chapter 3 if you choose not to help her out yourself.

#39 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:

He actually did nothing to harm Triss. she just happened to be snooping around the teleport aparatus and Letho needed an out, so he made her teleport them, but that's pretty much it. What happaned to her in chapter 2 happaned because Triss and Letho got seperated and she got caught by the empire's sorceress. In fact Letho saves Triss in chapter 3 if you choose not to help her out yourself.

Goddamnit, I killed an innocent guy!
#40 Posted by Tennmuerti (8107 posts) -

@Flaboere said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Goddamnit, I killed an innocent guy!

Now you will never forgive yourself. :(

#41 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

He kept acting like he could beat me, so I killed him. I sure showed him :)  

#42 Posted by jms493 (17 posts) -

I let him live......there are only so many Witchers left and I though he was a bad ass.  I am hoping he appears in the Witcher 3 and fights along side me

#43 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@jms493 said:
I let him live......there are only so many Witchers left and I though he was a bad ass.  I am hoping he appears in the Witcher 3 and fights along side me
Me too. He's a great character.
#44 Posted by taco_xd (1 posts) -
In a battlefield, sometimes we have to face old mates. Its the way of sword. 
Like old mates we dueled each other in oposite sides. A Fight  to the death... Like Witchers... like men. 
The winner would have to face endless battles. It was a respectful duel. Geralt cut down Letho for good. And his blood covered the face of the Gwynbleidd, the White Wolf.

Letho died... and was a good death... anything less would be a insult.

Geralt took his honor back as the victorious witcher and made his way. A memorable battle.
#45 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -
@taco_xd: That was... Beautiful.
#46 Posted by Mundane23 (1 posts) -

As u recall, Geralt already saved his life once, and this is how he repaid? If he had any ounce of honor , Letho would never do anything against Geralt cuz he owed him his life.

He died for being an ungrateful puppet of the emperor, with no honor.

He deserved to die, Geralt gave him a 2nd chance by saving his life once already and my Geralt doesn't give a 3rd chance.

#47 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

@Mundane23: But Letho did spare Geralt's life in the Ruined Elven Baths. He also saved Triss.

#48 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

On the other hand, Geralt made a promise to Roche (if you don't then he kills you, actually ves does, but w/e).

There's also a chance you killed henselt though, in which case you can't justify killing letho. In either case, killing him accomplishes nothing. There's justice perhaps, but even that is debatable.

#49 Edited by kpaadet (410 posts) -

I killed him, he made me look like an incompetent bodyguard and nobody makes a witcher look stupid and lives to tell the tale.

#50 Posted by Tennmuerti (8107 posts) -
@kyrieee said:

On the other hand, Geralt made a promise to Roche (if you don't then he kills you, actually ves does, but w/e).

Wait whAAAAt !?

Ves can kill you? How? I played through the game 3 times and read up on a lot of paths but this is the first time I'm hearing about this option, this is awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.