Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

What is with the horrible targeting system?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SSully

I have no problems with the targeting during combat, which I hear a lot of people complain about, but I have the hardest time just trying to pick up items and talk to characters. The game seems to randomly decide when to let me target someone to talk to them or a certain item to pick up. Is this a known issue or is there a fix? Or am I alone and crazy? Because this is easily the worst part of the game for me. It isn't a deal breaker, but it sure is annoying.

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Liber

Nope no problems here, are you on 2.0 ?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By valrog

It takes some positioning and getting used to, but it's not that bad. Also, use your medallion if you need some help on orientation.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SSully

I am using 2.0. I don't know how to explain it. I will literally be standing right in front of someone or something and it won't target anything. Sometimes it only does it when I am looking up to the sky, and sometimes it does it fine. It might be a bug with 2.0?

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By spaceturtle

@SSully: I think that might be a bug, yes. I've played through this game two times already and have never encountered such an issue with the any of the previous versions. I haven't tried the 2.0v so I can't say for sure though.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By swoxx

I never had problems either. Played it before 2.0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.