Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Witcher 2: On sale for 13 moonbucks (Steam serial) Should I?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Questionable

I am having difficulty deciding wither i should nab it now or just wait for the next steam sale, i know my PC can not run it and dont plan on uphrading for atleast half a year when my financials get more stable.
    *(My PC can technically run it but i would rather not hamper the experience with minimum texture settings.) 
    I still have my GoG.com TW1:enhanced edition copy untouched aswell so all signs point out that i wont be coming around to actually play this in the foreseeable future. suurely there will be better deals by then... right?

the link for those interested: http://www.g2play.net/store/The-Witcher-2-Assassins-of-Kings-Steam-Key.html

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kylenalepa

Yes, yes, a million times yes. I just beat "The Witcher 2", having never played the first one, and fell in absolute love with it.

EDIT: To qualify my statement, I ran this on a 3-4 year old machine (Core 2 Quad Q6600, upgraded the RAM to 6GB and the video card to a GTX 460), so certainly not top-of-the-line hardware, and it defaulted to "high" settings. Ran fine, 20-30 FPS.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

What the shit is this website?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Questionable
    @iAmJohn said:

whoa take a chill pill dude, you wish to claim you know even half the game shops on the interwebs?
    just look around i guess, i just found it troough cheapassgamer.com (bargain hunter website) and they got some pretty nice prices overall, and seeing as they sell in steam serials who really cares how they run it?
    The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By The_Patriarch

Dont use that site. Seriously. Just google the sitename and you'll see why. They are quite... sketchy.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By iamjohn

@Questionable said:

@iAmJohn said:

whoa take a chill pill dude, you wish to claim you know even half the game shops on the interwebs? just look around i guess, i just found it troough cheapassgamer.com (bargain hunter website) and they got some pretty nice prices overall, and seeing as they sell in steam serials who really cares how they run it?

Who's not chill? I've just never heard of this website and not sure I trust a site that claims to be selling Steam serial codes that I have never heard of, and no one I know has ever heard of.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maluvin

I'm looking at a lot of their deals and they seems too good to be true (looking at the Deux Ex: Human Revolution price).  Usually if something looks too good to be true there's something fishy. 

Has anyone done an order through this site before?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

Lower then 13 bucks? Not for quite some time. Maybe after at least a year. This price is kind of insane for a new release.

And really how stingy can you get to even think about waiting for a better deal then the measly 13 bucks for a piece of modern art like Witcher 2. I mean it in a joking way :)

Get it. (if its actually legit) For such a good deal I'd do some background checks on the site first.

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thule
    Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Questionable
    @iAmJohn said:

@Questionable said:

@iAmJohn said:

whoa take a chill pill dude, you wish to claim you know even half the game shops on the interwebs? just look around i guess, i just found it troough cheapassgamer.com (bargain hunter website) and they got some pretty nice prices overall, and seeing as they sell in steam serials who really cares how they run it?

Who's not chill? I've just never heard of this website and not sure I trust a site that claims to be selling Steam serial codes that I have never heard of, and no one I know has ever heard of.

Considering last time i got CIV 5 for 8 dollar last time from greenman gaming as a legit serial key i see no reason not to trust this, a quick Google search did not turn up any fraudulent activity's either in fact it appears to be pretty familiar among the dutch folk (where i live) if the forums are any indicator. so legit.

@The_Patriarch

said:

Dont use that site. Seriously. Just google the sitename and you'll see why. They are quite... sketchy.

Can you point me to a site that is negative about their digital distribution titles? i failed to find any.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Anyone tried this site? Id love to pick up the game cheap. 

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Maluvin
    Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Questionable
    @Maluvin said:
    Well first couple things that pop up on google: 

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990908 
    this does not suprise me and is probably true for 90% of the steam re-sellers. all it means in practice is that for support you are dependent on the online store instead of steam. Ie when steam accidentally bans a bunch of legal codes as they have in the past they wont acknowledge this stores receipt to refund a new key.  I have found some posts where some of their MW3 (activision yay) serials were getting banned and held up their no-nonsense policy and gave everyone the option between a refund or a new code. wich imho only speaks in their fafor.

I will look it over again tomorrow as I'm still undecided on if i should wait for a future sale or just nab it while i can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.