Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Yup... the game looks amazing alright

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

So the fucking Steam download finally finished, just in time for me to...go to work. Still, i managed to boot it up to see how it would look after the semi-worrysome news that it wasnt optimized. I set everything to ultra except ubersampling which i disabled, which is what is known to rape performances, everything else is maxed at 1920X1080, and suprisingly (or not, i did just get a fucking gtx580) the game runs at 60fps. i didnt actually see any combat yet, but both in cut scenes and when you can control geralt, the game is smooth as fuck. my specs, appart from the forementioned gtx580, are just 4gigs of ram and a i5 750ghz, nothing fancy. Really happy, and i feel for the first time like my new card was worth it, which is a plus since it was so expensive. So, dont worry too much about the performance you'll get, youll probably be fine as long as you dont use ubersampling. some shots before I go to work:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

the lighting in particular is awesome. Anyway, off to work, cant wait to play it for realsies tomorow. Also, i need to get some sort of long ass hdmi cable to hook my pc to my 1080p tv, especially with most pc games these days having native 360 controler support

edit: UGH the links to the full size versions didnt work, wtf... ohwell, no time now :/ sorry guys
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

holy cow batman

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By KarlPilkington

The difference between this and the first one is astonishing.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damn, that's awesome. 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

I wish my CPU didn't suck dick. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.