Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Blood and Wine is set to release May 31.

• 67 results
    ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@briarpack: Man that looks fantastic. Some of the monsters look great and I hope that isn't just action cameras and sped up recorded footage making the combat look faster.

I get a holiday 4 days before those comes out for a few weeks so I'm all in so keen.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By rethla

@baronsamedi said:

@briarpack: Man that looks fantastic. Some of the monsters look great and I hope that isn't just action cameras and sped up recorded footage making the combat look faster.

I get a holiday 4 days before those comes out for a few weeks so I'm all in so keen.

I mean the combat kinda looks exactly like the maingame so im pretty sure it is authentic.

Adda is back and it seams to be an vampirefeast. The more characters they bring back from W1 the happier i will be.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'll join the chorus of folks who were wishing for more Ciri, but the expansion looks gorgeous. I actually popped back into the game just to clear out all of the question marks in Skellige recently. I can't wait to go back for more.

She might not get her own DLC, but based on some of her dialogue, I would absolutely not be surprised if she showed up in Cyberpunk in some Easter-Egg kind of capacity.

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By betterley

@probablytuna said:

Anyone else hyped about donning the old Witcher gear seen in the trailer?

DUDE! That totally is the armor from the first game! I've never been so excited to wear old armor... and I thought I'd never get rid of the Wolf set.

@lawgamer: I thought the same thing! That'd be amazing. I'd scream like a little girl

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Efesell

I'm sure this expansion will be great but 1.2 just dropped and the UI overhauls in this patch are making my day.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@efesell said:

I'm sure this expansion will be great but 1.2 just dropped and the UI overhauls in this patch are making my day.

Yep really nice and needed overhaul of the game. I cant seem to find anyway to sort items after newest aquired however, am i just stupid or did they remove that?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Efesell

Yeah there's a bunch of sorting options but I don't see Newest items anywhere.

Oh god now in crafting menus you can just hit a button to buy shit that you need without backing in and out of a thousand menus.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy crap the ability to read books and documents as soon as you pick them up is disgustingly amazing.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Efesell

@theblue said:

Holy crap the ability to read books and documents as soon as you pick them up is disgustingly amazing.

And it copies them to your glossary so you don't just have this gigantic page full of indecipherable book icons if for whatever reason you want to find something specific again. Or if you just wanna throw that shit away.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By ArtisanBreads

This looks great. I hope it's a big success for them. I could actually see a 20-30 hour set up for more Witcher be really appealing to the GB guys and others who got lost in Witcher 3's scale (that seemed what happened with them to me at least). Plus interesting new mechanics.

@efesell said:
    @theblue said:

And it copies them to your glossary so you don't just have this gigantic page full of indecipherable book icons if for whatever reason you want to find something specific again. Or if you just wanna throw that shit away.

That's a great change.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't realize I needed a new UI change until now.. So sexy.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's crazy to me that a simple UI change could make the game feel so... new. I'm sure it's placebo but I swear the patch made the game run even smoother on PS4.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I could be wrong, but does the game look nicer to anyone else after the new patch? I played it yesterday and it seems to me like the lighting is, at the very least, different. I noticed this as soon as I started the game today -- I was at the Rosemary and Thyme -- and then again, when it rained.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's really weird cause I remember being absolutely hooked on Witcher 3 at time of release. Each day I'd come home after work and dump a good 3-4 hours into it (which is a lot at this point in my life) and always just wanting to do just one more thing.

So I recently downloaded the game again in preparation for Blood and Wine. Today I nabbed the big patch and loaded up the game to get reacquainted with the controls and combat. Did a Witcher quest where I ran around a super dark cave and eventually found the culprit behind recent village murders and.. I dunno.. the magic as it were is completely gone. I was ready to dive into this newest DLC as it's a brand new landmass with a ton of new items but after just 30 minutes with the base game today I don't know if I really want to play more Witcher. I don't know if any of you went through something similar? I really loved the base game and devoured it daily but I guess I just moved on or something. I'm at this crossroad where I don't know if maybe if I got the DLC and actually started playing new content I'd get back in the swing of things or would the feeling persist.

I do like some of the interface changes though and you really gotta give it to CDPR that they care about their games. To still support it such a long time after release is pretty wild. It's the reason why I bought the big collectors edition - normally I don't really care for that stuff but in this case I wanted to support the developer.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I did have a bit of a similar experience when I got back to the game in order to finish it up and move on to DLC. It definitely took a play session or so to get back into the swing of things and now it's eating into my Overwatch time severely.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

So, quick question; does anyone know when the actual DLC goes live? Is there an hour-mark per-maybe-haps?

EDIT: I asked google, now why didn't I think of that before? 2 hours from now. TWO GOD DAMN HOURS, PEOPLE!

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited. Irrationally so.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@efesell: Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get it!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zeik

@humanity said:

It's really weird cause I remember being absolutely hooked on Witcher 3 at time of release. Each day I'd come home after work and dump a good 3-4 hours into it (which is a lot at this point in my life) and always just wanting to do just one more thing.

So I recently downloaded the game again in preparation for Blood and Wine. Today I nabbed the big patch and loaded up the game to get reacquainted with the controls and combat. Did a Witcher quest where I ran around a super dark cave and eventually found the culprit behind recent village murders and.. I dunno.. the magic as it were is completely gone. I was ready to dive into this newest DLC as it's a brand new landmass with a ton of new items but after just 30 minutes with the base game today I don't know if I really want to play more Witcher. I don't know if any of you went through something similar? I really loved the base game and devoured it daily but I guess I just moved on or something. I'm at this crossroad where I don't know if maybe if I got the DLC and actually started playing new content I'd get back in the swing of things or would the feeling persist.

I do like some of the interface changes though and you really gotta give it to CDPR that they care about their games. To still support it such a long time after release is pretty wild. It's the reason why I bought the big collectors edition - normally I don't really care for that stuff but in this case I wanted to support the developer.

Maybe it's just because you're trying to jump back into the middle of the game? As much as I love The Witcher 3, the idea of just jumping in right now and doing some random quest doesn't sound all that exciting. But the expansion should give me some proper build up and context to care about what I'm doing again, so I'm fully ready to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.