Charles Dance in The Witcher 3!!

#2 Posted by flindip (533 posts) -

@theillusiveman0: Great actor.

But don't the Nilfguardians have like a pseudo french accent to them?

#3 Edited by Fattony12000 (6964 posts) -

Yes fucking yes.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

@flindip said:

I always thought they were a spanish analogue.

#5 Edited by AlexW00d (6168 posts) -

@animasta said:

@flindip said:

It's always sounded like a bad French accent to me... Just like all 'foreign' nations in fantasy. That other country in Dragonage for example.

#6 Edited by TheHT (10810 posts) -

Shit just got real.

#7 Posted by Pr1mus (3780 posts) -

He used to scare the shit out of me in The Golden Child when i was a kid.

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (8423 posts) -

I don't know why I initially saw this post as "Carlton Dance in The Witcher 3!!" and I got excited...

http://i.minus.com/iBXfiMvtklBMI.gif

#9 Edited by csl316 (7985 posts) -

Tywin Lannister is kind of an amazing character, especially since Charlie D. gives such an aura of authority. Perfect choice for a medieval emperor, it seems kind of obvious in retrospect!

#10 Posted by theillusiveman0 (85 posts) -

@flindip: While im by no means an expert on Witcher lore, I read that Emhyr isn't actually from the south

#11 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@flindip said:

Given the history of the character, it wouldn't even matter.

#12 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

Awesome. He's a great actor who knows how to project a lot of sinister authority so that's a perfect choice.

#13 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@flindip said:

Did you learn of said history through the books?

#14 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@aegon said:

@rebgav said:

@flindip said:

Did you learn of said history through the books?

Nope, I was looking up characters in the wiki after watching the tv series. If I could speak Polish I'd be on some Polish speaking forum, trolling Poles.

#15 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

@animasta said:

@flindip said:

It's always sounded like a bad French accent to me... Just like all 'foreign' nations in fantasy. That other country in Dragonage for example.

Where did/do you frequently hear Nilfgaardians speak that it's *always* sounded like bad French? I've beaten both games, don't remember any Nilfs. But then again my memory reeks.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

@animasta said:

@flindip said:

Where did/do you frequently hear Nilfgaardians speak that it's *always* sounded like bad French? I've beaten both games, don't remember any Nilfs. But then again my memory reeks.

Shillard Fitz-Oesterlen! or something. He was an ambassador, he was with King Foltest, and was also the guy that had Triss

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (3473 posts) -

he's the man, that's pretty much all.

his scenes with arya were blasphemous to book readers tho...

#18 Posted by Ksaw (341 posts) -

Probably going to kick myself for asking, but why were they blasphemous?

#19 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@ksaw said:

@ripelivejam said:

Probably going to kick myself for asking, but why were they blasphemous?

They aren't. Those scenes were actually really good and well-received. I haven't seen many people complaining about them - complaining about the loss of other content from the Harrenhal scenario maybe but not about the Tywin/Arya scenes.

#20 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

Fantastic actor in Game of Thrones.

#21 Edited by BoOzak (871 posts) -

Nice to see CDPR stepping up their voice acting. The original Witcher had some terrible VO in it. (Enhanced Edition wasnt much better) The Witcher 2 had generally good voice acting but some of the side characters werent that great.

The only thing that worries me is this being an open world game. Meaning there's going to be a lot more side characters than before that are going to be voiced by the same people like the Elder Scrolls games. Which regardless of quality kind of detracts from immersion if people sound indistinguishable from each other.

Anyway, sorry to turn good news into something bad, this is great. But i'm still a bit nervous about the prospect of an open world Witcher game.

#22 Posted by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

Charles Dance is fantastic. He's pretty damn wonderful in The Last Action Hero.

#23 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@animasta said:

@jouseldelka said:

@alexw00d said:

@animasta said:

@flindip said:

Shillard Fitz-Oesterlen! or something. He was an ambassador, he was with King Foltest, and was also the guy that had Triss

I really need to replay both games and pay definite attention to the smaller details, like that dude actually being a Nilf. I do remember him though, fucking weasel.

#24 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5185 posts) -

Geralt you Sicilian Schmuck!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.