Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Did I Miss Out on the Geralt Card?

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SLIGHT SPOILERS

I think I may have locked myself out of the Geralt of Rivia Gwent card...so I'm going through the story and while I did most of the sidequests I didn't do the one called A Deadly Plot. After a certain point in the game that mission automatically fails. I was OK with this because I didn't care for the main character in that quest, but the problem is in that quest you meet a character named Thaler who you're supposed to battle in Gwent to get the Geralt card. The Geralt card is one of the strongest in the game. Since I failed that quest I can't find Thaler, and thus can't get that card.

Did CD Projekt ever patch in a way to get that card? I know they patched in work arounds for other cards..sometimes the cards are just lying on the ground....I'm hoping they did this for Geralt's card as well. I figured they should since it's one of the strongest cards in the game and it's the main character of the game.

Anyone know if I'm completely screwed? Thanks.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I could have sworn my Geralt card came from a random inn keeper. I've seen guides telling you get a certain card off of certain characters but when I'd play them I get a completely different one. I missed out on the Barons card and had to wait until new game+, however the cards from the previous game don't carry over. You might get it from a random trader or inn keep, if you aren't after 100% game completion then I wouldn't worry because if I remember correctly the card is only worth 15? there are plenty of other strong hero cards in the game. The hardest deck I had to build was the monsters deck but once it was done it was almost unstoppable.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SLIGHT SPOILERS

I think I may have locked myself out of the Geralt of Rivia Gwent card...so I'm going through the story and while I did most of the sidequests I didn't do the one called A Deadly Plot. After a certain point in the game that mission automatically fails. I was OK with this because I didn't care for the main character in that quest, but the problem is in that quest you meet a character named Thaler who you're supposed to battle in Gwent to get the Geralt card. The Geralt card is one of the strongest in the game. Since I failed that quest I can't find Thaler, and thus can't get that card.

Did CD Projekt ever patch in a way to get that card? I know they patched in work arounds for other cards..sometimes the cards are just lying on the ground....I'm hoping they did this for Geralt's card as well. I figured they should since it's one of the strongest cards in the game and it's the main character of the game.

Anyone know if I'm completely screwed? Thanks.

I never messed around much with Gwent cards, but skipping that mission can have rather serious consequences in the story, and will prevent you from ever seeing an entire line of quests. It's really a bad idea to skip secondary quests in this game, especially quests given to you by friends and acquaintances of Geralt. If you have a saved game before that quest, you might want to go back to it, even if it means replaying some of the game.

Vague spoiler: Skipping that mission does not affect you or any loved ones directly (that you see), but has a hugely negative result for the rest of the nation.

Much less vague spoiler: That quest chain allows you to eventually have the option to assassinate a very bad person. If you don't help in the assassination, thousands of non-humans and magic users are put to death.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

...you should have done that quest. Always do sidequests that were spun off of main quests.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

> I didn't care for the main character in that quest

Maybe Geralt doesn't care for you to have his card then.

Jokes aside, I feel like @lisatiffany is right; I think I got Geralt card from somewhere else too. Also yeah, it's not an especially great card compared to some other heroes; and if you're skipping sidequests then clearly you're not a completionist so missing this card isn't much of a big deal I would think.

I haven't confirmed it but apparently Thaler is at Seven Cats Inn anyway (come to think of it, I may have found him there before even getting to the part you're talking about). So try checking there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.