Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Do you care that CDP showed the game at MS?

• 64 results
    abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Do you care that CDP showed the game at MS? (342 votes)

Yes, I feel like they sent the wrong message 6%
    No, why would I? 77%
    I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE 17%

This topic really confuses me since it seem to anger a lot of people. Apparently CDP showing the Witcher 3 during the MS press conference was a sign that they "sold out their principals" or something like that because of the Xbone's DRM, despite the fact that the game will also release DRM free on GoG and PS4. But everywhere I look I see comments like "CDP douchbags totally sold out" or "This will totally hurt their overall sales, cause they betrayed gamers" and this is just lunacy to me. So what, should they just cancel the game and probably break a contract with their publisher just because they try to be incredibly awesome in every way possible?

I don't hear many people complain about Insomniac or Remedy and their games are Xbone exclusive so I guess the message people send is "Don't even try to be a nice guy, cause when you do make a mistake everybody hates you instantly. Just do what everybody else does and no one will care".

So, in short, do you care that CDP showed the Witcher not during Sony's press conference and if so why?

• 
    probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care because I won't be playing the game on the XBone anyway. PC is where it's at.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't really care because I won't be playing the game on the XBone anyway. PC is where it's at.

This a thousand times.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Did you mean to ask, "Are you a dumbfuck fanboy who can't distinguish fantasy from reality and has to take everything personally (most likely because you're autistic and bipolar, among other things)?"

Because that's what that reads like.

Personally, I would have liked to see Cyberpunk more than Witcher 3. Don't care where.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

Truthfully I'm more disappointed with CD Projekt RED launching the final game of the trilogy for the Xbox One. The people who got Witcher 2 for the Xbox 360 - the middle game in the trilogy - will get the shaft if they don't upgrade to the Xbox One.

As a person who doesn't have a computer or laptop capable of running the next gen stuff and played Witcher 1 and 2, I probably won't play Witcher 3 for some years, if at all. It sucks, but it is good to remember that a developer has profit as it's first priority, and the satisfaction of its costumers as a latter second.

Personally I find it funny CD Projekt RED will release a game in a console that won't be available in Poland at its launch - "Fuck the polish!". Catering to the first world needs it seems.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

People are silly.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By excast

I don't care at all. I am sure they were paid a decent amount of $$$ and that is important for a smaller developer. It is, however, a little strange to see a Polish company debuting their new game at a press event including a console that doesn't seem like it will even work in their home country at launch.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

Don't care. CDP gotta get PAID, son.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

Some people are just complete fucking idiots and bitch and moan about everything that isn't shown on PC.
    They're useless people though, so let's just hope and pray that they're out driving and suddenly the breaks don't work.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no (in the grand scheme of things), but I do feel like they kind of sent the wrong message. I'm not sure what it is, I know they're great and they even said they're against Xbone DRM, but still, associating their masterpiece game with the Xbone feels really off.

Would've been ideal if they had that trailer during the Sony conference, since it's clearly going to be the better, more consumer-friendly console, which reflects CDPR's spirit.

But I don't care either way, they have NOT sold out, and their game on my PC next year is gonna be an incarnation of perfection.

shikon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

A) It's not an Xbox exclusive, so I don't care and B) this means that good RPG's are popular enough to get MS's attention, which can't be a bad thing as long as their games get put on PC and PS4.

jaywalkerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as there's a DRM-free version on the PC people have nothing to complain about. Everyone's just high on the Microsoft hate so stupid people will say stupid things. Regardless of how you feel about the Xbox One it's still going to be a major platform and CDP has every reason to release a version for it.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeust said:

Truthfully I'm more disappointed with CD Projekt RED launching the final game of the trilogy for the Xbox One. The people who got Witcher 2 for the Xbox 360 - the middle game in the trilogy - will get the shaft if they don't upgrade to the Xbox One.

It was a miracle in itself that they ported the monstrous Witcher 2 to the 7 year old X360 last year and made it look and run so well. Are you really expecting they release the third Witcher, coming out in 2014, powered by what will arguably be the most advanced and demanding game engine in the world, on a 9 year old console?

I think you should be happy that this franchise made it to the current (soon to be last) gen at all.

But there's something I don't understand, you won't be playing W3 for a few years because you don't have a PC and you're not buying an Xbone? So you're not buying a PS4 either? Just out of curiosity, what will you be playing next gen?

Avatar image for thediabolicalbm
    thediabolicalbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thediabolicalbm

A drm free version on gog goes without saying but man i like the witcher and all still i was more so hoping for news about cyberpunk guess thats a ways off

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shinjin977

If any dev in this industry deserve the benefit of the doubt from gamers, it would be these guys. Just cause Xbox one got shitty DRM doesn't mean CDPR cant get paid, just don't buy it one the xbox.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust

@jouseldelka said:

@jeust said:

It was a miracle in itself that they ported the monstrous Witcher 2 to the 7 year old X360 last year and made it look and run so well. Are you really expecting they release the third Witcher, coming out in 2014, powered by what will arguably be the most advanced and demanding game engine in the world, on a 9 year old console?

I think you should be happy that this franchise made it to the current (soon to be last) gen at all.

But there's something I don't understand, you won't be playing W3 for a few years because you don't have a PC and you're not buying an Xbone? So you're not buying a PS4 either? Just out of curiosity, what will you be playing next gen?

For now I won't buy anything. I liked the PS4 presentation, but I have a lot of backlog and no desire of spending in a new console, at least for a while.

Personally I care less... Mass Effect was a trilogy in the Xbox 360. They could have done the same thing. I liked The Witcher franchise, but not enough to buy a new console to play it.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So which group is actually complaining about this?

The Polish guys who can't even play it on the X1? A legitimate concern, for sure. Or the section of us PC gamers, who also happen to be morons?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldenglishc

I'll let CDP slide this time, it's that son of bitch SWERY (Who's not at all the most cuddly little game designer on the planet.) that the internet needs to really go after. We need to let people like this know that their attempts to make a living will not go unpunished.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CDP doesn't have a publisher for the console version of Witcher 3 right now, showing the game onstage at E3 is a good way of getting their game noticed. They don't have their own press conference at E3, so what does it matter where they decide to show the game?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EXTomar

I don't care. They should take any and all invites to what ever "main stage event" they can get. To not do it would be an opportunity lost.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#21 gamer_152  Moderator

The gaming community has a lot of crazy people in it. I'm firmly against a lot of what the Xbox One is doing, but a good game is a good game, no matter where it's shown. If the game was an Xbox One exclusive it would be a very different deal, but crucifying CDP like that because they dared to show their game in the media briefing of that company who make the console we don't like is just silly.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

"CDP douchbags totally sold out" or "This will totally hurt their overall sales, cause they betrayed gamers"

This doesn't really sound like cutting edge industry analysis to me. Maybe just ignore idiotic hyperbole?

It's also totally possible that CD Projekt Red had no idea about the console's DRM restrictions until their deal was already made. I'm sure when dev kits for the XOne and PS4 were going out, there wasn't a little flier attached saying, "Just so you know, we're putting crazy restrictions on weird things!". At that point, it's just about the specs.

If anything, I think it must be pretty embarrassing for them. They most likely are just as grossed out as some of us, but they can't badmouth the console they're launching on.

Just get a PC. Support them there. And get some games from GOG while you're at it.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By kindgineer

I don't understand how that is selling out on their principles. Releasing your game on a console is how you survive. Just because Microsoft implements a mandatory system doesn't mean that CDP should take up arms and rebel. That's financial suicide. I thought people wanted to play games? Not bitch about every blink of the eye an individual makes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The gaming community has a lot of crazy people in it. I'm firmly against a lot of what the Xbox One is doing, but a good game is a good game, no matter where it's shown. If the game was an Xbox One exclusive it would be a very different deal, but crucifying CDP like that because they dared to show their game in the media briefing of that company who make the console we don't like is just silly.

Welcome to GiantBomb.com

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#25 gamer_152  Moderator

@humanity said:

@gamer_152 said:

Welcome to GiantBomb.com

Unless I've missed something this isn't the kind of thing that the Giant Bomb community are coming out with. Discussion here can get hostile and exaggerate things, there are some topics where I feel the community as a whole is downright misguided, but we're at least level-headed enough to not turn into raging fanboys at a game getting shown at a particular press conference.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CDP is releasing their game on the XB one because there will be a seperate market of gamers that will buy it, thus adding to their revenue so they can make more games. The DRM free platforms will still get a DRM free game. I guess there's idiots in both camps; people blindly defending XB one's shitty policies, and people hating anyone remotely associated with the XB one.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Humanity

@gamer_152: Man I love Giantbomb, but I don't know anymore..

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AND I BRING YOU... FIRE

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why it would be a thing. It's coming out on other platforms and on GOG DRM free. Showing the game at the conference gave them exposure, you know, making people aware the game exists. This is like getting angry at your girlfriend/boyfriend for talking to one of his/her co-workers who happens to be the opposite sex.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#30 fisk0  Moderator

I applaud the Arthur Brown reference.

Didn't bother me, I certainly understand that they need to publish it for a system that's likely to have a massive user base. I liked that GOG published an announcement that the game would also be released entirely DRM free at GOG.com after it though, and I really hope the GOG version sells exponentially better than the previous games have sold over there. I mean, they are among the top selling games at the site, but I think The Witcher 2 still sold less than 100k copies on GOG, and that's fucking criminal considering what an amazing deal and customer friendly thing GOG/CDP are doing.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten

As have already been said, it being released on gog DRM free is kinda obvious (same company and all that)
    And since people worry so much about DRM they should probably already know that gog.com is the only place you can really get the games you play DRM free. Surprisingly enough they don't know that, for some strange reason.

"But, what about Steam?"
    Wahahahah

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're still coming to PC so I don't see why anyone would give a shit that it was shown at a conference.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

At best they got money for it. At worst: Well nothing

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

As long as it's still coming for PC, I really don't care what they do with it on consoles.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By RonGalaxy

CD Projekt seems like a company that won't pull punches on the console port of their games, meaning they'll likely put both consoles through their paces to get the best visuals/perfomance out of them, meaning the ps4 version will most likely be better than the XBONE

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

A good rule of thumb when browsing the GOG forums is to assume that everyone is crazy, especially when it comes to Digital Rights Management. At the end of the day, CD Projekt is still a business who realizes the financial benefits of getting their game out in as many avenues as possible.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

BURN IN RIGHTEOUS FIRE

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, don't care. The only bad thing I could say about them at the moment is that I'm disappointed in Cyberpunk not showing anything new, but I can be patient with that one.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I was going to pick B but I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE

altngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By altngr

Why would anyone be upset about that? It's just the venue that they chose to show it off. It's not like the game is suddenly an Xbox One exclusive.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What in the fuck? No I don't care they showed it at MS. That they showed it at all was cool, don't care where the fuck they show it.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@probablytuna said:

This a thousand times.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By strainedeyes

Don't care.

Though I wonder if they would have agreed to do it if they knew beforehand that the XBone won't work in their home country at launch.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

"I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE" is clearly the only answer.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By altairre

@veektarius said:

I was going to pick B but I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE

I've seen a lot of stupid poll options on this site but this one was acutally pretty good. By the way you can't be the god of hellfire because I ALREADY AM.

But back to topic: No I don't give a shit. CD Project did such an amazing work with the first two that they would have to do some really fucked up thing to prevent me from buying it (on PC) like for example brutally clubbing a kitten to death while screaming insults at my face (and that probably still wouldn't be enough). Showing up at MS pressconference doesn't bother me at all. It was the most interesting title they showed aside form MGS5 (still more interested in Witcher 3).

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why would I care where people demo they multiplattform game? Despite the fact that CDP is primarily a PC developer, and you know MS makes this little think called Windows, which everybody uses for games, while they work on Mac&Linux ... oh the times.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if you talk a big game about how anti-DRM you are, while supporting the growth of a needlessly locked up platform, it looks bad.

Maybe it's not really worth getting worked up over, but it's worth remembering.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope,

I will be getting the Witcher 3 on Xbox ONE as i did the witcher 2 on 360

Yes i know PC MASTER RACE who gives a shit

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(most likely because you're autistic and bipolar, among other things)?"

Come on, really?

Completely agree with everything else, though.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.