Do you care that CDP showed the game at MS?

• 64 results
Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Do you care that CDP showed the game at MS? (342 votes)

Yes, I feel like they sent the wrong message 6%
No, why would I? 77%
I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE 17%

This topic really confuses me since it seem to anger a lot of people. Apparently CDP showing the Witcher 3 during the MS press conference was a sign that they "sold out their principals" or something like that because of the Xbone's DRM, despite the fact that the game will also release DRM free on GoG and PS4. But everywhere I look I see comments like "CDP douchbags totally sold out" or "This will totally hurt their overall sales, cause they betrayed gamers" and this is just lunacy to me. So what, should they just cancel the game and probably break a contract with their publisher just because they try to be incredibly awesome in every way possible?

I don't hear many people complain about Insomniac or Remedy and their games are Xbone exclusive so I guess the message people send is "Don't even try to be a nice guy, cause when you do make a mistake everybody hates you instantly. Just do what everybody else does and no one will care".

So, in short, do you care that CDP showed the Witcher not during Sony's press conference and if so why?

#51 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@shagge said:

@ch3burashka said:

(most likely because you're autistic and bipolar, among other things)?"

Come on, really?

Completely agree with everything else, though.

Yeah, when did autistic and bipolar people become people to make fun of?

#52 Edited by Scrawnto (2468 posts) -

I don't have any problem with this.

I do take issue with someone saying the PS4 version is DRM free. That's not true. It just doesn't have any online authentication. There is still copy protection on the disc. You aren't going to be able to just burn yourself a copy of your friend's disc without any hassle and play it that way. Copy protection is DRM; it's just not intrusive, crazy DRM.

#53 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2591 posts) -

I found it a bit odd considering their stances on PC, but w/e - business is business I guess.

#54 Posted by Milkman (17351 posts) -

Sounds like the kind of expert industry analysis that the internet is known for.

#55 Posted by TruthTellah (9489 posts) -

No, that's the stupidest thing I've heard today. Is even being -near- Microsoft a scarlet letter now? Come on. They're releasing the game on that console; so they showed it on that console.

And they didn't "sell out their principals". For one thing, it's "principles", and for another, people need to grow up.

#56 Edited by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

I don't really care because I won't be playing the game on the XBone anyway. PC is where it's at.

Pretty much.

#57 Edited by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

No, I don't care at all that they showed the game at the MS presser.

But I find it TOTALLY IRONIC that MS doesn't intend to bring the console out in Poland at launch, where the Witcher 3 is being developed!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/12/cd-projekt-red-reacts-to-lack-of-xbox-one-in-poland.aspx

I mean, WTF!

Wait wait wait hold up.. I've been following the Witcher 3 news and forums religiously since the game announcement and I'm pretty sure it's been only a few months since that announcement, and the game was scheduled for a 2014 release. I know this because the pain I felt when I learned it was a year away, was too grave!

Now you and that link are telling me Witcher 3 will be a launch title for consoles (and of course with a PC version)? Meaning holidays 2013? Meaning a few months from now?

Don't play with my emotions. Even the GB wiki says 2013, what the hell is going on?

#58 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@cerberus3dog said:

No, I don't care at all that they showed the game at the MS presser.

But I find it TOTALLY IRONIC that MS doesn't intend to bring the console out in Poland at launch, where the Witcher 3 is being developed!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/12/cd-projekt-red-reacts-to-lack-of-xbox-one-in-poland.aspx

I mean, WTF!

Wait wait wait hold up.. I've been following the Witcher 3 news and forums religiously since the game announcement and I'm pretty sure it's been only a few months since that announcement, and the game was scheduled for a 2014 release. I know this because the pain I felt when I learned it was a year away, was too grave!

Now you and that link are telling me Witcher 3 will be a launch title for consoles (and of course with a PC version)? Meaning holidays 2013? Meaning a few months from now?

Don't play with my emotions. Even the GB wiki says 2013, what the hell is going on?

Don't worry, it's still a 2014 release.
Not that that's actually a good thing, well I guess it is because that game is far from done so they should just take the time they need, but still.

#59 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

@zeforgotten: Shieeeeeeeet for a second there I thought it's been a year since the announcement and the game was mere months away. Now my brain hurts.

Anyway since Witcher 3 will probably be out mid to late 2014, then it won't exactly be unplayable on the Xbone on launch because it'll be out a year after the Xbone launch, and we don't know for sure that by then the Xbone will still not be available in Poland, so this whole argument makes no sense.

I need some sleep.

#60 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (416 posts) -

@jouseldelka: Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't aware of when Witcher 3 was planned to be released. I only saw that Microsoft was in business with a Polish company (it was enough of a get for MS to bring them on stage during E3) and the potentially embarrassing scenario of Microsoft not supporting CD Projekt's home country. Apologies. I guess I'm a little shocked that Microsoft isn't supporting Poland from the get go because of their business relationship with CD Projekt RED. Though it's immaterial if they eventually do release it in Poland.

#61 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3245 posts) -

I don't see the problem here. The more consoles their game is on, the more people can enjoy it and the more money they can get.

#62 Edited by buft (3320 posts) -
#63 Posted by JasonR86 (9729 posts) -

No. If you can get yourself paid, get paid.

#64 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

No, I was thinking "Good for them!" They are getting paid for making a great game series. If MS wants to give them some cash to show it that's extra awesome. It's not like they did a timed exclusive deal or anything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.