Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Found something pretty cool in The Witcher 3

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By awalkawesome
    No Caption Provided

I was going after the enhanced bear school armor diagrams, which led me to a cave called Grottoe in Ard Skellig. Near the back, there was a chest that contained a dwarven blade along with some other things. I took all but the dwarven blade. When I walked away from the chest, I went back to go ahead and see if it was a good weapon or not and noticed that the orens in the chest had reappeared. I took the orens but not the blade and walked away, and sure enough the orens had reappeared again. I did this about 12 more times when I noticed the rarity of the dwarven blade had gone up to a magical item and is one of the best steel swords I've found, and I'm at level 27.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

Which system are you playing on? Also, which game version?

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Which system are you playing on? Also, which game version?

My guess he's playing on PC, since you can see "[F] Filters" and "[SPACE] World Map" written in this screenshot. =D

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MajorToms

is that a bug I wonder or what... How far away did you walk off before returning?

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majortoms: Not very far just far, enough for the LOOT prompt to go away before going back

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Kinda cool, though I have pretty much all the crowns I'll ever need and two mastercrafted swords at this point. Just trying to stave off the end of the game for as long as possible.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mythdark: sorry, I didn't look at the screenshot. The cursor in the corner is also a big clue. :)

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

@awalkawesome: I edited your entire post for readability, since it was rife with spelling errors and was one long run-on sentence. Please try to put just a little bit of effort into your posts, we don't ask that everyone use perfect English, but some punctuation and a little bit of thought about your readers would be nice. At a minimum, at least break up long paragraphs into actual sentences to people can read and understand what you're trying to say, that's all.

At any rate, stats on loot in Wild Hunt is random and rolls in a certain range depending on the level of the item. So the chest will always have a dwarven blade, but the stats of that blade will be different every time you reload your game. Try this out next time you find a chest. Before you loot the piece of armor or weapon, save your game, then loot it, check the stats, and reload your game and try again. You'll notice that every time you do this, the stats on the item are different.

awalkawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: To quote Ralph Wiggim "Me no good at english thats umpossible".

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: man, reading this makes me wish I got the PC version instead. I don't like to save scum, but the loading times on PS4 are so long it makes reloading to do anything a chore. I've run into a few instances where I'd like to reloading a save and try a different dialogue option, but I never do because of the load times. Now learning the loot stats are re-rolled, man...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonjam7: Wait, how long does it take to reload a game on PS4? On my PC it takes about 2 seconds.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sterling

@mb: Depending on where the save is loading into it can take up to 30 seconds. Generally 20. It also has major pop in/load in issues. If you are in say novigrad and you run from one end of town to the other, you can't talk to people for like 5-8 seconds. And then a bunch of people just pop in. This also happens some times if you load into a sign post in novigrad.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: I think that's mostly just a Novigrad thing, though I have had to sit around for 45 seconds waiting for quest NPCs to pop in before there so it's certainly an issue.

@mb: Outside of the tutorial hub area PS4 loading takes almost as long or longer than pre-patch Bloodborne.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: I would say AT LEAST 30 seconds. Mine usually take over a minute. Is there an option to install to the HD? I don't remember seeing one, and I don't think it does it automatically.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mb: It does seem like fast travel is only 15 seconds or so, so if you don't die and don't reload often you don't have to deal with it that much; of course for messing around with stuff and/or playing on a harder difficulty you're going to be reloading a fair amount.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: "only" 15 seconds...man, that is still pretty rough. I haven't timed my various load times in Wild Hunt but they are all extremely fast. Granted, I am on a high end PC with an ultra fast SSD so I'm not trying to compare that to a PS4, it's still surprising though.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Quantris

If you're on PC you could just use a mod instead of this type of glitch (I'm assuming there's one out there for more money). But I'm barely level 12 and it doesn't seem like I'll need extra money at all.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By poisonjam7

@mb: I knew there would be some difference in the load times and graphics between PC and PS4, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I have an SSD too, but my video card is a bit old so I chose PS4. Plus the fact that I have exactly two PS4 games (including this one)

I guess this is the price I pay for convenience over quality....

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonjam7: Every game is auto installed on the hard drive on PS4 the first time you insert the disc.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@fredchuckdave: Wow...I had no idea it was that bad.

Imagine how much fun it is dying with those load times.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sterling: I would say AT LEAST 30 seconds. Mine usually take over a minute. Is there an option to install to the HD? I don't remember seeing one, and I don't think it does it automatically.

To be honest the game doesn't load particularly fast if you don't install it on a £200 ssd on PC either.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@alexw00d said:
    @poisonjam7 said:

To be honest the game doesn't load particularly fast if you don't install it on a £200 ssd on PC either.

I have it on a 80 dollar 128GB Kingston SSD and the loads are under 10secs.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@alexw00d: I have it on a regular HDD and the load times are nowhere near 30 seconds. At most ten, usually less.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By poisonjam7

@sterling: hmm...I didn't notice that. I guess it didn't take that long and I missed it. Usually it takes FOREVER to install.

I love the game, but loading times and bugs are my primary complaints.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Canteu

@alexw00d: Something like 5-10s a load, if that, on a standard drive for me.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@canteu said:

@alexw00d: Something like 5-10s a load, if that, on a standard drive for me.

Hmmm. Takes me like 20 seconds or so for fresh loads. On a Caviar black too. Weird.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: First load takes longer yeah. Reloading on death or whatever is only a few seconds usually.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@mb: To quote Ralph Wiggim "Me no good at english thats umpossible".

"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By poisonjam7

I did some experiments last night, stopwatch in hand.

While standing in the middle of Novigrad a load from the title screen took 1:45:66 - damn near two minutes.

The next load from the same location, but from the pause/load screen took 1:38:26 - not much better.

Finally, a load in the same spot using the same method just for fun, took a remarkably similar 1:38:19.

Remember, these were all done on a PS4 with version 1.03 of the game. Quite frankly, these times are unacceptable. As @Teddie said, imagine how fun it is dying and having to sit through these every single time. True, the loads in Novigrad are probably the worst, but that doesn't mean the loads aren't terrible everywhere else. There are many quests in Novigrad and many opportunities to die, which means sitting almost two minutes waiting to play again.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm at level 3 and already have a HUGE crafting list. Playing with gamepad on PC. This list is only growing and it must be a pain in the ass scrolling through all this stuff at something like level 20? No, I don't want to play with a mouse and keyboard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.