Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

FOV fix out there?

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So let me get straight to the point, is there any way to adjust/fix the FOV on the PC version? I'm gettin really bad headaches and nausea from playing the game at the moment...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36g66o/anyone_figure_out_how_to_edit_the_fov_yet/

Found this, don't know if it works though

[–]minizanz 2 points 6 hours ago*

unfortunately you have to mod the camera if it is like the older ones and it is not just a config thing, and redkit wont be out for a month or so. a smallish fix is to play in window mode and make it 21:9 set the screen to 1920x822 in the config

Personally the FOV is fine to me, however the motion blur was out of control. I may check to see if there is a way to keep it but lower the effect so it's not so bad.

coolowlbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad I'm not the only one. It made me sick almost immediately. So disappointing.

qlanth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This is also happening to me. Really really sucks. I'll try out that fix posted above and see if that does anything.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also can't play this game because of the FOV its too close to camera it hurts my eyes. All I want to do is zoom out a bit :(

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm slowly getting used to it, but yeah all I wanted to do for the first few hours was just zoom out a tiny bit.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Definitely turn off motion blur. It makes the FOV issue even worse.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PimblyCharles

While the default camera doesn't make me sick, I think it is a little too close a lot of the time. Having just come off Grand Theft Auto V on PC, it was nice having tons of camera selections and first person view. Made we wish Witcher 3 had that once I started playing it last night. I'll live with it, but I can understand those getting physically sick would be upset. I went through user.settings in the Documents folder and couldn't find anything associated with FOV or camera zoom. May have to wait for a proper mod.

eezo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found this, and it works so far, haven't tried it in cutscenes yet though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36izvs/cheatengine_fov_fix/

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I've been using the CheatEngine FOV script, it's not ideal but it works for now until a proper patch or mod comes out.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I've been using the CheatEngine FOV script, it's not ideal but it works for now until a proper patch or mod comes out.

What does it being not ideal entail?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I'm not sure what you mean, can you rephrase your question? I mean are you asking me to explain what CheatEngine is, what a script is, how it is used, or all of it?

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:
    @terminatorz said:
    @mb said:

I'm not sure what you mean, can you rephrase your question? I mean are you asking me to explain what CheatEngine is, what a script is, how it is used, or all of it?

No no, I thought you meant the fix itself wasn't very ideal in the game (like it causes problems while playing, with the camera or something). Does it not cause such problems?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mike

@terminatorz: Oh no, it's fine. It's just as if there were an FOV hotkey, it's done on the fly with + and - on the Num pad. The only downside that I can see so far is that the chosen FOV doesn't stick between game sessions, but that's not really a big deal. Works well and it only takes a couple of minutes to set up even if one has never used CheatEngine before.

Speaking of CheatEngine, be careful when installing that software. The version that they advertise on the front page installs some malware, OpenCandy. They address this on the site and there is a link for a version without OpenCandy in it, but still, this is kind of gross.

Be careful with CheatEngine, or better yet, just wait for a proper FOV mod to come out. I'm sure it won't be long now.

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I see. Interesting stuff, thanks for the answer. I'm actually not having any problems with the FOV so I don't need the fix, but I was curious about trying it out. Changed me mind now!

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried this for a bit and while it's nice and all, it messes up cutscenes waaay too much for me to continue using it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.