Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

GB review of Witcher 3 ?

ZeMadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ZeMadHatter

Where is it ?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Does it really need a review? I feel like they've covered it enough between the Bombcast, Beastcast, Quick Look and Playdate.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably 5 stars.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can give you their joint review based off of what they've all said. Good writing, story,world and quests. mediocre to bad combat, controls, movement and menus. Some bad bugs that caused some of them to stop playing until they're fixed. 4 stars.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Maybe Brad will review it, but who knows. I wouldn't hold your breath though. That's an ultra long game and GB does very few reviews for games that scale, especially this time of year.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Which member of the crew has finished it? None to my knowledge.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

None of the staff really plays long rpg games. I think they did a quicklook of witcher 2 and that was it. Though I dont really think that witcher 3 needs a review from Giant Bomb since plenty of other sites have given it glowing reviews and I think the word of mouth is pretty good among gamers.

ZeMadHatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well one member of the team is quoted in one of the videos as saying he would finish the review by the end of week of 19th May... But then the review never surfaced.

It just seems like the wrong game not to make a review of...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nardak said:

None of the staff really plays long rpg games. I think they did a quicklook of witcher 2 and that was it. Though I dont really think that witcher 3 needs a review from Giant Bomb since plenty of other sites have given it glowing reviews and I think the word of mouth is pretty good among gamers.

yup. I think a full review would require more game time in a short time then what thy think is useful.

Plus they are talked at length on the bombcast/beastcast.

also at this point is a review needed? enough people have their hands on it that you probably know if you want it or not.

I think official reviews are becoming less needed as you have community and videos top help figure out if you want something.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

They've done a QL, a live video, and several discussions on the podcast. You can gather most of their feelings on the game through any one of those.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It might still pop up but at this point, is it even helpful? If you follow the site enough to care about one of the guys' opinion specifically you have it from videos and podcasts. As for a wider audience it's too late to generate much traffic for it compared to the first few days. The buying advice is out there from other outlets and the community now.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My guess is Brad would have reviewed it, but since he quit until the xp bug is fixed I doubt a review will happen

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By firecracker22

I thought Jeff was supposed to review it, but wound up not doing so because of how busted the review copy was. I don't think we're going to see one. My guess would be that it's either 2 stars if you're Jeff, or 5 stars if you're everyone else on the bomb crew.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.