Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Gwent: Best Open World Mini Game?

• 102 results
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll Gwent: Best Open World Mini Game? (401 votes)

Gwent is amazing. 49%
    Gwent Sucks. 13%
    Its Ok. 37%

I am loving The Witcher 3 it isn't perfect but it is damn close enough and one of the biggest surprises for me is Gwent. It is simple, yet tactical, once you get your head wrapped around it I find that it is one of my all time favorite mini games in a open world game ever.

I was just curious as to what Giant Bomb thought about it I have been buying every card I see and I can't wait to get later into the game to get some more challenging opponents to fight.

So whats the word guys, is Gwent the best the worst or just ok?

• 
    thom_hill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101  Edited By thom_hill

love gwent spent half a day just playing it.

I have 2 questions. Is halfstone anything like this?

and is there a way to see which merchants i have already played?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Not really feeling it so far, though I haven't spent enough time with it. Think I need to understand the rules a little better.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Teddie

It seems fine, but I don't think I understand it nearly as well as the guy who taught me the rules thinks I do. It sounds like I just need better cards to win though, which soured me quite a lot on engaging with any more of it.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Xbox One collector's edition comes with two Gwent decks and I seriously don't know if I should open them or not. Gwent is awesome.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Zeik

I ignored it for a good long while, partly because there was so much other stuff to do instead, and also it was crashing the game like 60-70% of the time, which was a real turn-off. Also because I put it off so long my deck sucked, so I kept losing badly anytime I did play someone.

I decided to go around the other day and pick up the rare cards from the quests and then face down every person I could find to get a card off them and I'm enjoying it a whole lot more now. (It hasn't crashed the game in awhile either, which is also nice.) I spent the last several days playing Gwent at least as much as doing other quests. It's quite addicting. For anyone who has been putting it off and needs better cards just do the Gwent quests. You're guaranteed rare cards that make a big difference.

I'm kind of a sucker for CCGs, but I'd totally play this against other people if they released it as a separate app or made it multiplayer in-game. Honestly, it's probably the most fun I've had playing a digital card game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.