Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Hearts of Stone and New Game +?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

It occurred to me as I was downloading Hearts of Stone that it might be a good opportunity to New Game+ things, give me a little warmup and something to do once I finish. Then tonight it occurred to me (I haven't played much at all since starting) that maybe New Game+ will make the expansion hard enough that I'll have to play through most of the game to be ready for the content. Anyone know if New Game+ affects the difficulty of the expansion?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It does. Instead of level 30-32, you'll need to be around level 60-62. I read somewhere that you can convert your save back to a normal game from NG+ if you wish, or you could just keep a save file around prior to starting a NG+.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@zeik: Yeah, ok, thanks. I'm level 35 - I don't mind playing a bit more the Witcher, but not that much more.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stick to that and don't play the DLC at new game plus if you want to begin playing it immediately. I've also noticed the DLC is kinda harder on new game plus and with Death March on and I'm already lvl 70 haha.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't started The Witcher yet but feel fairly confident I'll like it. Should I get this before I start? Or is it one of those things that will just be added and can be done at any time?

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@bill_mcneal: It can just be added and can be done anytime. :)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't started The Witcher yet but feel fairly confident I'll like it. Should I get this before I start? Or is it one of those things that will just be added and can be done at any time?

The recommended level for starting it is roughly the level you will be when you finish the game, so it's definitely not something you need in advance. Technically you could probably access the new Runewright stuff earlier if you had the DLC, but it's a pretty major money sink that isn't necessary to clear the game. (You can pretty OP by the end of the main story already anyway.)

Although now that I think about it more, I think you do have to fight some rather tough enemies during the quest to unlock it, so it might not be feasible anyway.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys! Finally going to stop dragging my feet in MGS5 so I can move on to a few other games (eventually).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.