Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Items you can miss forever?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I just sent a character to a certain place and the character was able to sell me stuff. I didn't buy all the diagrams, but I imagine that kind of stuff can be bought or found in other places.

Are there any instances where you NEED to buy up certain stuff from a vendor before they become unavailable or can you always do it later?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The Innkeeper in White Orchard sells you cards that you can't get later. That's the only one I know for sure.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I apparently missed a rare card from the Baron in Velen after finishing that quest line. I haven't noticed any important equipment or diagrams you could miss, but it's possible.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

The devs at CD Projeckt Red said they are going to patch in another Innkeeper at the White Orchard inn so you can get those cards if you missed them. I'm concerned about Gwent cards because so far they're like finding a needle in a stack of needles what with certain cards being randomly won from certain NPC's. I can't wait to read the gamefaq for this one when it eventually comes out. Stringent is the best word for all this damn collecting.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The Innkeeper in White Orchard sells you cards that you can't get later. That's the only one I know for sure.

I believe I did buy up all her cards before she became unavailable. The NPC's only give a single card each right? I imagine it has to be set or else how would you get unique cards that can only be given by an NPC?

JauntyHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JauntyHat

Apparently the Crow Crystal Skull that's in the opening cinematic can be picked up near the very first starting area in the game. I have been told it also disappears if you don't pick it up before completing the Gryphon fight.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently the Crow Crystal Skull that's in the opening cinematic can be picked up near the very first starting area in the game. I have been told it also disappears if you don't pick it up before completing the Gryphon fight.

WHAT

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jauntyhat said:

WHAT

It also ends up in the "quest items" section of the inventory, worryingly...

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@zeik: You should have gotten a notice in the questlog that says to play someone else now. That guy has the baron's card.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

From what I've read of the guide, you can't miss anything important. If its important, its moved to a merchant. Or in the case of gwent cards, another player.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Man, I don't know how you all have enough money to waste on Gwent cards. I have enough to keep my repairs and gear current and that's about it. Also, I have zero clue as to where to even start if I wanted to start with gwent.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man, I don't know how you all have enough money to waste on Gwent cards. I have enough to keep my repairs and gear current and that's about it. Also, I have zero clue as to where to even start if I wanted to start with gwent.

There's a guy playing at one of the tables in the White Orchard Inn the first time you go there (when you ask around to see if anyone has seen Yenn). He gives you a game / tutorial. You can probably just watch the tutorial on youtube if you missed it, it's a pretty simple game to get to grips with.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@jimbo: Oh, i got that far but outside the tutorial haven't played any or bought any cards.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jimbo: Oh, i got that far but outside the tutorial haven't played any or bought any cards.

Ah. Well it's worth a look I think. You do start off with one full deck which is plenty good enough for the first few players you'll find.

colorbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There are times when you beat a boss and the cutscene gives you a choice between sticking around and instancing to another area. If you choose to stay, you can often loot the boss room for stuff. Example: When you go to Bald Mountain and defeat Imlerith, you can loot a Magic Acorn from his body. When consumed, gives you +2 ability points.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:
    @shadowconqueror said:

I believe I did buy up all her cards before she became unavailable. The NPC's only give a single card each right? I imagine it has to be set or else how would you get unique cards that can only be given by an NPC?

You can only get one card from beating NPCs, yes. They don't all give you specfic cards, though. Many of them are random.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.