Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Nekker Hearts and other elusive crafting items.

• 55 results
    thefozz26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thefozz26

Hey duders.

So i noticed across the web people struggling to find certain crafting / monster items for oils, potions and armour.

Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread so people can help find these items together.

Anyone know where the hell to find Nekker Hearts is a good start? I know they drop from Nekker Warriors but iv spent many hours wanting to upgrade the White Raffards decoction to enhanced and the only warriors i come across just drop monster parts and no hearts. Any advice?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sterling

I still need a couple Nekker Hearts myself. There is a group of warriors I found, but I think I blew up the nest they were coming out of. That is really the only crafting item I have an issue finding.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By schlorgan

I need several Monster Eyes for Griffin Armor/Enhanced Griffin Armor.

Any suggestions of how those drop?

corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Try dismantling a specific monster's eye, you'll get a regular monster eye out of it. You probably have a few and don't realize it.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

you can dismantle like corporalgregg said, or just go nest hunting. i would imagine that if you google search for nekker nests some locations would pop up. i think thats basically what the nests are for, farming. sine they dont disappear forever when bombed also it does spawn a few monsters. there is a few in velen but i cant give excact cordinates

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

@schlorgan: you can dismantle other types of eyes into monster eyes.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Like others have said, dismantle any specific monster eye into a generic monster eye. BUT, best to make sure it's a common, and not a rare monster. Just in case?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zeik

As I recall, the reddish drowners drop monster eyes a lot.

How about an Ekimmara hide? I need it to upgrade my Hanged Man's oil, but I've only seen one Ekimmara in the game, as part of a quest.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I've come across two of them, each dropped a hide for me. They were both part of quests. Following the thread, and byway murders.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: I already did Following the Thread and didn't get one. (Or used it and forgot.) I guess I'll track down that other quest.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: The byway murders is a contract. I don't remember where I got it from though.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Nekker Hearts are incredibly hard to come by. I've killed a lot of Nekkers and only ended up with one.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Just looked it up. Oreton is the place in Velen you get it from. In case you don't already have it in your list.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thefozz26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: Yeah i did the same blew up all the nests and didnt even realise you can loot them after. Went back later and the loot was gone. I did fight a few nekker warriors on the quest to find Phillipa. Hope that helps. Im still one short regardless though haha.

thefozz26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324 Standard Nekkers dont drop Hearts, just the warriors, they are abit bigger and have red heads i think.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are 3 nekker's nests in close proximity to each other just directly east of Reardon Manor in Velen. Bomb them to the moon! :)

Now if only i could find the third Ekimmara hide i need (killed 3 through quests, they dropped 2, fuck!) or that cave troll livers i would be very very happy

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah also if you'll find yourself in need of of a couple of Erynia's eyes, on skellige go just north of Redgill (you should get the marker by buying the maps), there is a flock of harpies and erynias that are easy to kill

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling:

@zeik said:

How about an Ekimmara hide? I need it to upgrade my Hanged Man's oil, but I've only seen one Ekimmara in the game, as part of a quest.

There are at least 4 diagram upgrades that require Ekimmara hides. Unfortunately there are only 3 Ekimmara's in the entire game period, they are all quest related, and on top of that also not guaranteed to drop the hide part. Which is exactly what happened to me, none of them dropped the hide. I was sitting on 4 unupgraded oils for dozens of hours even tho i had enhanced and superior schematics. Eventually I just searched online what gives and where there are more Ekimmara's, there weren't, just those 3.

Bummer.

Fortunately there is a console command unlocker mod on the nexus already that has links to the item lists too. So I just went ahead and added the 4 required hides (they're called Ekima epidermis in the list). Because fuck that.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling:

@zeik said:

There are at least 4 diagram upgrades that require Ekimmara hides. Unfortunately there are only 3 Ekimmara's in the entire game period, they are all quest related, and on top of that also not guaranteed to drop the hide part. Which is exactly what happened to me, none of them dropped the hide. I was sitting on 4 unupgraded oils for dozens of hours even tho i had enhanced and superior schematics. Eventually I just searched online what gives and where there are more Ekimmara's, there weren't, just those 3.

Bummer.

Fortunately there is a console command unlocker mod on the nexus already that has links to the item lists too. So I just went ahead and added the 4 required hides (they're called Ekima epidermis in the list). Because fuck that.

There are also three Katakans, which drop Katakan hides, which if broken down give you Ekimmara hides. So technically you could get the full amount you need. But then you wouldn't be using the Katakan hides for whatever they are needed for. Also I like this, that they do this. Make it so you can't get and do everything. You can't get all skills, and you can't do all upgrades.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zeik

@tennmuerti: Huh, that's weird. How did people figure out there were only 3? Did someone actually go into the data and find that out, or is it just assumed based on extensive exploration?

@sterling: I would be okay with it, if there was any indication by the game that they were limited and rare resources. But the idea that I could fuck myself over on something useful because the game didn't give me any indication that could happen is pretty uncool. At least with skills you can respec any time. But once you use an ingredient it's gone.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti

@sterling: The thing is this is the only ingredient in the entire game that has this issue, you can absolutely craft every other alchemy item no problem. You are clearly meant to be able to craft any and every tool there is. Skills are of course limited. And like I said, I happened to not get any hides at all period and would have been permanently left with several 10% oils.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

@zeik: Assumed, but I've seen quite a few topics on this, the only Ekimma's anyone found were those 3 wherever this was asked, no one found just a respawning one in the wild.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: @tennmuerti: Well reading about this in the official guide, apparently you can craft everything. And they say that even the most rare of crafting materials can be found in other parts of the worlds in chests as loot. So for even those rare monsters that only appear a few times, you can still find their rare drops in chests if you look hard enough. So even if you didn't get the hide to drop from killing all three, you can still then find four hides in chests.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#25  Edited By poisonjam7

@zeik: where did you find the formula for enhanced hanged man's oil? I'm also looking for Enhanced Necrophage if anyone knows where to get that.

On topic, were does one find Dark Essence? I found Light Essence on a Wraith I killed, but I've no idea what drops Dark Essence.

Also, that sucks about the Ekimma hides. I just used one and I've killed two, so looks like I'm screwed for getting three. And I'm on PS4, so no console commands. How do you know there are exactly four other hides in chests, @sterling?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonjam7: Don't remember exactly, unfortunately. But I'm fairly certain I bought it. There's a druid in Skellige that sells tons of advanced formulas if you do a quest for him.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: ah, thanks. I haven't gone to Skellige yet. Know anything about Dark Essence?

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonjam7: Dark essence drops from nightwraiths. There is always one roaming the coutryside north of the Cunny of the Goose inn at night. She respawn every night if i remember correctly

TerminatorZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm taking my time with the game, might let it run for 400 hours if necessary, exploring and looting every nook and cranny, and enjoying the excitement of intrigue and uncertainty regarding the availability of ingredients!

Adds a whole nother layer to the experience, chasing down ingredients, checking every herbalists's collection, looting every beast, and throwing a party when you finally find what you're looking for!

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagliostro88: thanks! I figured it would be related to Wraiths in some way.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Karkarov

For those looking for Nekker Hearts work on the quest to find Phillipa Eilheart. There are a ton of nekkers inside her cave and even though they aren't nekker warriors they dropped 3 hearts for me and a couple mats tagged as Nekker Warrior specific.... such as the mutagen. Not sure if they ever respawn though. Of course you can also leave some Nekker nests open and farm warriors too. There is a collection of like 3-4 nekker nests just east of Reardon manor in Velen for example.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if any of you is having troubles like me in finding cave troll livers, there is a respawning troll that has been dropping it 100% of the times for me. No other troll i have farmed has dropped it, feels like i've encountered a bug because their loot doesn't even change randomly but it's always the same. Anyway, the troll that dropped it for me is in Skellige, in the western part of Faroe Island. It's in a cave not signaled as a point of interest so you have to find it, it's just southeast of the place of power. Once you'll find the entrance to the cave it will be marked on the map. The "lucky" troll is the first of the two in the cave, the level 19 one. If you meditate there, save and then reload he should respawn instantly, so you can farm how much you want and get your supply of livers.

Still miss one ekimmara hide tho :((((((

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cagliostro88

They changed the way you visualize alchemy (fixing the north wind and moon dust bombs bug) and, at least for the final upgrade of the poison for humans, they removed the ekimmara hide as a requirement so you don't need it anymore

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tennmuerti

@cagliostro88: Eh, I don't like the alchemy UI change one bit. Yes it fixed the north wind and moon dust upgrade bugs. But now you see everything, every formula you know period, instead of removing the ones that were useless to you, which makes scrolling through it more of a pain, where it was nice and concise before. Basically fixing a bug by simply removing an entire overall good feature, instead of attempting to fix it properly.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: but you can set up filters now, which is way more useful. I put "don't show what i've already created" so now decoction is a list of 4 items instead of like 20, so much easier to scroll through

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Karkarov

@cagliostro88: Ah totally my bad! Didn't see the filter option.

Yeah I am pretty sure it already did what you were describing Ten by default, at least in my game. The filter change is great!

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
    Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else get stuck collecting everything just cause it might come in handy later?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagliostro88: Is this on PC? I don't see anything like that on PS4.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: I'm on PC but I believe it should be in the PS4 as well?, bottom right corner on PC (in the alchemy screen).

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Anyone know if I'll ever be able to get Kaer Morhen armor again? I was silly and dismantled it way early in the game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tennmuerti: They just put out the new update today and it all looks the same for me. You can still close the tabs to more or less sort them, but I don't see any new options for sorting out stuff I've already made.

Maybe it will be in the next update? It might also be a bit of a challenge to add that to the UI, since you do have limited buttons on a controller that aren't being used, but it doesn't seem like Triangle or Square does anything on that screen.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead: I kept it around the entire game just in case I could upgrade it again, but I never found a use for it past the first area.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: i'm using a controller on pc and the filters menu is accessed by clicking the left stick while in the alchemy page

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zeik

@cagliostro88: Nope, not there. I'm just going to assume it's going to be in the next update. Consoles are still at 1.4 after all. (Although I'm pretty sure it has at least some of the 1.5 updates in it.)

Edit: Yeah, I just looked at the patch notes. The PC notes definitely include stuff that's not on the console side, including the filters.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By flameboy84

I always feel like there are too many types of items and i don't know what i can and can't get rid of....very hard going sometimes!

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: maybe they pushed it for pc because many people encountered the moon dust and north wind bug, i have no idea if it was present on consoles too

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zeik

@cagliostro88: I definitely had that North Wind bug happen to me.

I would guess that was just something that was finalized too late to make it into the console patch. Console patches have to go through cert, so they would have had to send off what they had several days ago.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#50  Edited By nickhead

@zeik: Really? I found the diagrams for "Ursine" armor, about 30 some hours in, and that armor is way better than what I have, but I think it requires the starting armor. Oh well whatever I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.