Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Nekker Hearts and other elusive crafting items.

• 55 results
    Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cagliostro88

@nickhead: the griffin, feline and ursine sets don't require the starting armor. They require that you craft the basic sets, the upgrade them up to three times. You probably have found something along the lines of "superior ursine armor" which requires the previous step in the upgrades

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Zeik

@nickhead said:

@zeik: Really? I found the diagrams for "Ursine" armor, about 30 some hours in, and that armor is way better than what I have, but I think it requires the starting armor. Oh well whatever I guess.

The 3 different schools of armor (Cat/Feline, Griffin, and Bear/Ursine) are all upgradeable several times and require the previous tier to make the next. You probably found one of the higher tier versions of the armor but don't yet have the lowest tier.

The lowest tier will just be called Ursine (gloves, boots, armor, etc). The second tier is enhanced (Ursine). Third tier is superior. And the fourth tier is mastercrafted.

Keep an eye out for treasure maps often held by blacksmiths and armorers. They will show you the exact locations of the armor and weapons or their upgrades. As I recall, all the ursine treasure maps are in Skellige.

Pilgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people seem to not realize that dismantling ingredients and materials is the key to obtaining mats and items. A lot of stuff you're picking up is probably what you're looking for but it needs to be dismantled first for it to become the item you seek. Monster eyes for example, pick up any drowner, nekker, ghoul or rotfiend eyes and dismantle them. Voila, monster eyes.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pilgore: What people have problem finding is specific items which are only droppable by specific monsters. Dismantling gets you only the generic stuff, so there is no actual way of obtaining nekker hearts, ekimmarah hides, troll livers,etc from breaking other materials

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By nickhead

@cagliostro88: @zeik: thank you both! I was thinking that those sets of armor started from the kaer morhen - I'm glad they don't!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anybody is still wondering where that Enhanced Hanged Man's venom recipe is, I just found it again in my new game in a Nekker cave just northwest of the Hanged Man's Tree. (Fitting.) It's in the same cave where you can find the Superior Ursine set.

The thing is, I'm almost certain it was not there the first time I played, so I can't guarantee it will be there 100% of the time.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: alchemy recipes in chest are randomized. I noticed because while testing the workarounds for the moon dust bug if found a recipe for it in a cave, when i went back i found instead a recipe for an oil

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ichthy

Hmm, are some of the recipes different in 1.05 now? Enhanced Hanged Man doesn't use an Ekimmara hide anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.