Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

PC gamers who switched to controller for the Witcher 3?

• 57 results
    Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ezekiel

@believer258 said:
    Yeah, I could be switching to signs instantly, but there was a thread recently about weapon wheels where I posted about how pushing 1-0 to select weapons or spells is something that never clicked with me, after years of KBM gaming, so I'm going to stick to the weapon wheel (which I'm more comfortable with).

I only use buttons 1 to 5 in The Witcher 3 and 1 to 4 in most other games. Geralt (annoyingly) draws and sheaths the swords for you anyway, so I mapped them to F1 and F2 and pushed the signs two buttons to the left, so that Aard is 1 and Quen is 4.

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@qrdl:

Let me guess, you have the Steam Controller pre-ordered?

Seems like it may very well solve that issue.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betterley: Not yet, but definitely considering it. Man, what I wouldn't give for them to produce a 30% larger version. Extensive Witcher sessions reminded me that all controllers are first and foremost designed to be used by children.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I tried the controller a bit here and there but over all this game surprisingly plays better with KBM, unusual since I normally use a controller for third person action stuff like Batman and AC.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@ezekiel said:
    @believer258 said:
    Yeah, I could be switching to signs instantly, but there was a thread recently about weapon wheels where I posted about how pushing 1-0 to select weapons or spells is something that never clicked with me, after years of KBM gaming, so I'm going to stick to the weapon wheel (which I'm more comfortable with).

I only use buttons 1 to 5 in The Witcher 3 and 1 to 4 in most other games. Geralt (annoyingly) draws and sheaths the swords for you anyway, so I mapped them to F1 and F2 and pushed the signs two buttons to the left, so that Aard is 1 and Quen is 4.

...OK. Cool. You seem to have missed the part where I said that I find selecting things with the numbers uncomfortable. I don't like it. I have to move my fingers off of the movement keys and I hate doing that. I prefer to just pick what I want to use with the weapon wheel (or whatever you want to call it). I don't care if that stops the action for half a second.

This is what I meant by "preference". Maybe it's faster to pick stuff with the numbers, but it's not objectively better or whatever you want to call it because you're also taking away your ability to move in a certain direction for a second or so.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Ezekiel

@believer258 said:
    @ezekiel said:
    @believer258 said:

...OK. Cool. You seem to have missed the part where I said that I find selecting things with the numbers uncomfortable. I don't like it. I have to move my fingers off of the movement keys and I hate doing that. I prefer to just pick what I want to use with the weapon wheel (or whatever you want to call it). I don't care if that stops the action for half a second.

This is what I meant by "preference". Maybe it's faster to pick stuff with the numbers, but it's not objectively better or whatever you want to call it because you're also taking away your ability to move in a certain direction for a second or so.

I felt it was still worth bringing up because you said 1-0. It's the same with a controller. You have to leave the left stick to switch with the D pad. Unless there are more than four options, in which case you have to cycle through a menu. I don't like that in the Souls games. You cycle one way through five items. That takes longer and you can "overshoot" and make mistakes. You're probably going to bring up the radial menu, but The Witcher 3 with a keyboard has that too. It's Tab.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By TwoLines

I really don't like M&K. I use the controller whenever I can. I love context sensitive buttons, the less buttons I have to think about, the better.

I've been a PC guy most of my life, and I've grown tired of that stuff. I want everything used to control a character on one device. I see keyboards as devices used to type, and that's that.

So yup, I use a controller.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use a 360 controller the majority of the time. When I play Gwent, I use the keyboard and mouse.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I primarily play games on the PC. If the option is there to use a controller I will, even for first person shooters. A controller just allows for a more relaxed experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.