Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

PS4 game has save corruption bug too

grithwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've encountered the save corruption bug twice while playing Witcher 3 on my PS4.

At first it keeps saying that I can't save at this time, and when I try reloading, it gives me an endless loading screen.

I think it is caused when you loot a chest, save, then die and reload... When you start again the chest will show again that it is not empty. If you open the chest only one, sometimes two items will show, like coins. If you loot the chest again a second time and save, you save state will be corrupted.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By poisonjam7

I had one of my saves corrupted too, but it may have been my fault. I was putting my PS4 in to rest mode, and I guess the game was still saving (although the icon was gone) because the PS4 locked up and wouldn't ever go in to rest mode. My only choice was the cut the power and when I got back to the game, it said my save was corrupted and needed to be deleted.

Again, this was probably my fault but be forewarned, don't put the system in to rest mode until you're absolutely sure the game is done saving.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I am having an issue post patch where whenever it tries to auto save I get the following in game pop-up "your save is corrupt, another save will be made in its place" after clearing this pop up I get a system level notification of "corrupt data" The game continues and I can manually save. But the issues persists as I continue and reach any autosave point.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@morrelloman: have you tried manually deleting the auto save? In the PS4's system storage?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.