Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

PS4 Or Xbox?

Skullking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

PC is out of the question for me. Should I buy this for the Xbox or PS4? I usually like to get the game for the system it was made for. in this situation, I can't. Any suggestions?

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Trollish comment, Sorry

if you usually get the game for the system it was made for, then get a PC and play it the right way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

PS4 - it's comparable to very high/ultra settings on PC with 1080p ~30fps

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Threads like this should be locked, they just start dumb flame wars among children.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Which do you own? Which controller do you feel more comfy with? Which system has less demand from other members of your household? Which one is setup in a room where you can focus on a single-player, i.e. not constant interuption?

If you literally own none of these systems then its "Which system has more exclusive games you want? Which has a bigger number of your friends on it?

Or, if cost is the issue, then the x1 is cheaper, so do that.

And...see? We can't answer any of those for you. Best to figure it out on your own.

Skullking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But it's a serious question. I'm torn between getting it on Xbox because that the system that it's advertised for and Witcher 2 being on 360, and PS4 being my preferred system.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@skullking: if you gave a witcher 2 save on xbox, go for that one. If the save means nothin then go PS4 because it looks nicer.

Skullking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade Edge. I own both and I have more friends on PS4 (most of my friends don't own current gen but plan on getting PS4) but being a single player game that matters little. My usual system for non-exclusives is PS4, but my XBOX has very few games for it that I own, I own almost triple the games on PS4 and my One feels neglected, that being said the resolutions are better on ps4 but I own Witcher 2 on 360 (although have yet to play it) I've been trying to find out whether there is a real difference in terms of frame-rate or glitch-rate etc. I have never had as hard of a time finding out what version of a game to get.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rmills87

This was actually a hard decision for me. I own both consoles and enjoy playing on both. At first, I based my decision on which controller I prefer to play on during long periods of time, which is the Xbox One. However, I ended up going with the PlayStation 4 copy just because of the reports over the last couple of weeks favoring a slight graphical edge and performance stability in that version. I understand that both console versions will have their share of bugs, but I'll stick with PS4. Again, the little bit more power that the PS4 has swayed my opinion because I prefer games with a slight edge. I was the same way last generation where I favored the 360 over PS3 when it came to multi platform games. I hope this helps and if you go with the Xbox One version, I hope they CDPR can smooth it out! Either way, this game is going to be amazing. I am out of work in three hours and the game will be waiting on the doorstep as soon as I get home!

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poser said:

Threads like this should be locked, they just start dumb flame wars among children.

Unfortunately, this is true. Even though the question is a valid one, there are sadly too many immature people/children who just want to start flame wars...It's a shame people can't just enjoy a game for the experience and sense of submersion it provides.

Skullking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm buying it on XBONE but going to play Witcher 2 first. I hope they make a release of all three like Mass Effect though.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both versions are pretty similar. If you want to play it at a higher resolution then get the PS4 version

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By alexl86

PS4 should run the game ever so slightly better due to hardware, and I still don't like the Xbox controller as much as PS4(take that with a grain a salt, I didn't like the 360 controller initially, and now I use it for 60% of the time).

So, if PC isn't an option, go PS4. Or if you like your Xbox better than your PS4, get the Xbox version. I'm sure you'll like it regardless of which version you pick.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 has more power and will make games look closer to how they look on PC, so that is what you probably want.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For what it's worth, I'm playing it on Xbox One without any significant issues, just the usual open-world, Euro-dev jankery.

(I don't give a hot sloppy squirrel fuck about resolution, for what that's worth.)

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

They all look fine. Of the two I prefer PS4, but I watched it on Xbone and saw maybe the tiniest variation (who knows). The game looks amazing, just pick which ever controller you like the best.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got it for PC, but i've been hearing their are a few stutters and fps drops on ps4, but i doubt it's that bad. Ps4 runs at a higher resolution but i'm not sure about performance all around.

if you have a complete witcher 2 on 360 and witcher 3 has save support then I would go for that one. I almost got it on ps4 but i beat witcher 1 and 2 on pc.

kylejames182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing it on X1 and so far so good

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RonGalaxy

If you have both systems and really care, wait for the digital foundry verdict. Early impressions are that the ps4 has a more stable frame rate, due to it being capped at 30 fps vs xbone being uncapped. They probably left it uncapped because of the auto resolution thing.

I'm playing it on ps4, and its awesome. Probably is awesome wherever you play it

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DF says the ps4 version is better. Apparently there is really bad stuttering during cutscenes on the Xone and it's lower res.

zzax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in the same situation and did as much research as I could before buying. Basically the consensus seemed to be that any differences between the two would be negligible. I think then it comes down to preference or best price. I was leaning toward XB1 because I like the controller a little better. But once they went on sale a little early digitally, I remembered I had a $10 code for PS4, so I went that route, so far so good.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going for a PS4 version.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

I have both consoles and I ended up going with the PS4 version. Love both consoles but the better resolution and slightly better performance swayed me. More and more, I go with PS4 for single player games cause I think sony nailed it with the controller and Xbox for multiplayer games cause that's where my friends are.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hassun
    goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General rule of thumb is that for multi-platform games PS4 is the better console.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

After seeing the QL, I'm under the impression that the load times are 10 to 15 seconds shorter on PS4, which is a clear plus for that version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.