Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Quest Bugs and Workarounds

cLoudForest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cLoudForest

As much as I'm having a blast in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I have encountered a couple of pretty frustrating quest bugs that have meant I've been unable to advance those quest lines without first finding some kind of weird workaround. Although workarounds for these types of quest bugs have been posted in various places around the Internet (and I guess they'll get fixed eventually), I thought it might be good to gather them together here in one place so that we had resource for the Giant Bomb community that people can check if they get stuck. So if you've encountered a quest bug not already listed here and, ideally, also know a workaround for it, feel free to post about it in this thread.

Just for the avoidance of confusion, by "quest bug" I'm talking specifically about bugs that prevent the player from advancing a specific quest line because an NPC action doesn't trigger or something similar. Problems with XP not being awarded for quests and other kinds of issue don't really count. Okay, I'll kick this off with a couple of quest bugs I've had but found workarounds for.

Quest: An Eye For An Eye

Issue Description: Geralt arranges to meet Vernon Roche on a bridge near Oxenfurt but Roche never goes to the meeting point quest-marker making it impossible to advance the quest. Instead, Roche remains beside the fire in the Temerian Partisan Hideout, and in my case was standing hovering about 6 inches off the floor.

Workaround: You need to have opened the way to Skellige first for this workaround. Go to Skellige and find Freya's Garden if you haven't already (it's on the island furthest East on the Skellige map, around the centre top-to-bottom). Use the fast travel point at Freya's garden to go directly to the Temerian Partisan Hideout. Quickly check inside the cave to see if Roche is standing by the fire. If he is, fast travel back to Freya's Garden and try again: it took a couple of attempts for this to work for me. If Roche has disappeared and is no longer standing next to the fire, start running towards the quest marker on Oxenfurt bridge in a straight line from the cave. Once you reach some open fields you should encounter Roche running back towards the hideout. As soon as you see him save the game! This is important because the next bit might take a couple of attempts to pull off.

Start running with Roche back toward the hideout. On the way back there's a fallen tree that Roche will run into and get stuck on, so you need to try to bump into him to deflect him away from running into the tree so he doesn't get stuck. If you fail to stop him getting stuck just reload the save you've just made and try again. Once you pull that off Roche will run back to his horse just outside the cave and proceed to the meeting point allowing you to continue the quest.

Quest: A Deadly Plot

Issue Description: Geralt is supposed to meet Djikstra at the Passiflora. The quest marker points you to the madam of the brothel and when you speak to her she says "come this way" but doesn't move after the conversation meaning you cannot get to the meeting since she's not opened the secret door.

Workaround: the game should have auto-saved just before you spoke to the madam, so just reload that save. Instead of speaking to her, go through the door on the opposite side of the room that the madam is facing toward, turn right and go into the room where the bath is. Walk toward the back of the room where the bath is and the dialogue cut-scene with the madam should trigger, even though you're not in the same room as the madam. Once she's stopped speaking she should then walk to the secret door and open it for you allowing you to go to the meeting and proceed with the quest.

Anyone found any more?

Mabemjolnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have run into a bug that has stopped my progress through the game.

In the quest "Get Junior" a cinematic is supposed to play when you first go to the cave to meet Roche, but it didn't for me. Now I can't interact with him at all, so I can't progress the main story any further.

1.07 was supposed to fix this, but I think the problem is that I had visited this cave before the quest directed me there. I can assure you the patch didn't fix it for me. Anyone have any workaround ideas?

I did try fast traveling to and from the different land masses, as well as loading up slightly older saves, but no luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.