The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is Really, Really Big

• 148 results
#101 Edited by Bandit (34 posts) -

The Witcher 2 is probably my favorite RPG from this generation and I only got to see the visuals on a console. 2014 is a long ways away but if my pc isn't upgraded by then, this will be the reason I do it.

#102 Posted by Bats (90 posts) -

So jazzed about this. Witcher 1 & 2 are two of my all time favourite games. Where do I pre-order already CDP:Red? I will probably end up buying this one multiple times too. Need to go finish my most recent playthroughs of these two games.. at least I have some time.

#103 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

Geralt of Rivia "The White Wolf" deserves more than three games.

#104 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Might get it on 360, JUST to engrowth my Xbox fanboyism. Take that PS3 user BOOM

#105 Posted by Tordah (2478 posts) -

Damn, I should make it my goal to finish both Witcher 1 and 2 before the end of this year.

#106 Posted by Icaria (93 posts) -

@Sin4profit said:

aw crap, i still haven't finished Witcher 1 yet.

This. Got my $5 worth out of it but came nowhere close to finishing it.

#107 Posted by biospank (657 posts) -

I am sorry but after the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser I already knew about this. So I hope that the "the whitcher 3" teaser or trailer will give more info of Cyberpunk.

#108 Posted by geirr (2536 posts) -

This sounds really cool though for me it hangs on whether or not you can make your own character. I never liked Geralt of Rivia in any kind of way (beyond his womanizing powers) so if I'm spending the rest of my life in Witcher 3's world, I'd like to do so with MY character. Or at least give more options; throw in playable elves or a dwarves for different story lines.

#109 Posted by Village_Guy (2546 posts) -

Man, my PC sucks, but I kinda want to play these games...

Is the 360 version of the Witcher 2 alright? There isn't any cut content or anything is there? Also how important is it to play the first Witcher before two?

#110 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

@Village_Guy: It's fine, everything is there in terms of content. The only limitations are more loading/buffer doors, no meditation and skill tree animations, and less impressive Graphics than the PC Version, but that's not to say that the Xbox 360 Version looks great too. If you want to keep up With story then I highly suggest you play the first game, but it is not a necessity.

#111 Posted by probablytuna (3621 posts) -

This is probably the RPG I will be looking forward to the most. CAN'T WAIT.

#112 Posted by BaconBuTTy (172 posts) -
@Village_Guy

Man, my PC sucks, but I kinda want to play these games...

Is the 360 version of the Witcher 2 alright? There isn't any cut content or anything is there? Also how important is it to play the first Witcher before two?

I recently finished it on 360, and it is was a phenominal experience.

The drawbacks to the console version are minimal at best. If you don't know the difference from the PC version, you seriously won't care. They're minimal graphical/animation/menu changes.

You should play the Witcher 2 on 360. But to enjoy it fully, expect a meaty, complex story to get really invested in - really get invested in. Read the Codex, the character bios, read the questlog fully.

There is so much depth to the story and the world in Witcher 2, that if you let it - it will blow you away.

I adore this series.
#113 Edited by cloudnineboya (805 posts) -

saw this on eurogamer the other day, the witcher in a world as big as skyrims perfect combo right there 'comeon'.

Geralt on a fucking horse.

#114 Posted by FakeKisser (332 posts) -

Definitely, one of my top 3 most anticipated games, at this point.

#115 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

WOW!!! Hopefully this will answer who the mysterious race is that abducts from another realm. And wow Cyberpunk is my most anticipated title.

#116 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@Claude said:

Geralt of Rivia "The White Wolf" deserves more than three games.

I think it's good that they want to close the book on a high note.

Also think of it this way, if they kept making it, people would sour and get bored eventually. But this closure will make the setting ripe for a "return" some many years down the line and people will loose their marbles all over again.

#117 Posted by guilherme (331 posts) -

@loyalroyal1989 said:

Dam now I really do need to play the first two.

#118 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Just imagine:

Open world brothels, and a world of the size of Skyrim for you to bone. Boobies for everyone!

#119 Posted by NicksCorner (415 posts) -

This is great news. I really enjoyed my time with the sequel.

#120 Posted by firecracker22 (537 posts) -

I can't wait. CDPR can have alls my monies. I'm really into what they're doing, and how they genuinely seem to be all about the consumer. And I loved The Witcher 2. I still need to play it on Dark Mode, too.

I'm happy to hear that the franchise won't be ending, either. Them ending the trilogy, but still continuing the franchise after, sounds great to me. I'm not really getting the kind of fantasy storytelling they're bringing anywhere else, except maybe Game of Thrones.

#121 Posted by Lukos (76 posts) -

Well I think is time to finish The Witcher and The Witcher 2 :)

#122 Posted by Branthog (5563 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

Open world brothels, and a world of the size of Skyrim for you to bone. Boobies for everyone!

Unless you're in the US or on Steam, of course.

#123 Posted by peritus (994 posts) -

Oh yeah! i love these games :D

#124 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@Branthog said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

What why?

Steam version of Witcher 2 had full frontal nudity, at least European ones did for sure.

I'm not a 100% n this but pretty sure US versions did too, no? (from what i recall only Witcher had censorship problems) I might be mistaken tho.

#125 Posted by believer258 (11808 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@Branthog said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

What why?

Steam version of Witcher 2 had full frontal nudity, at least European ones did for sure.

I'm not a 100% n this but pretty sure US versions did too, no? (from what i recall only Witcher had censorship problems) I might be mistaken tho.

The first Witcher was censored in the US by CDPR. They later released a huge patch that a) removed any censoring and b) did some other things to improve the game.

The Witcher 2 shows Triss completely naked sometime in the first hour of the game and makes no attempt to hide anything. Hell, she even takes her time grabbing a blanket while a guard walks in and ogles her. And yes, I have the Steam version and am in the US.

#126 Posted by firecracker22 (537 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Branthog said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

What why?

The first Witcher was censored in the US by CDPR. They later released a huge patch that a) removed any censoring and b) did some other things to improve the game.

The Witcher 2 shows Triss completely naked sometime in the first hour of the game and makes no attempt to hide anything. Hell, she even takes her time grabbing a blanket while a guard walks in and ogles her. And yes, I have the Steam version and am in the US.

Then there's the sex scenes, that are actually well done.

Yes, I said it. Well done sex scenes.

#127 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@firecracker22 said:

@believer258 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Branthog said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

What why?

Yes, they were in fact well done.

#128 Posted by believer258 (11808 posts) -

@OfficeGamer said:

@firecracker22 said:

@believer258 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Branthog said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

What why?

...for a video game.

It still looked pretty weird when they were suddenly decided to start doin' the deed in some bloody ancient ruins.

That pool might have dirt and dead bugs and worms in it.

#129 Posted by Wiseblood (641 posts) -

@believer258 said:

...for a video game.

It still looked pretty weird when they were suddenly decided to start doin' the deed in some bloody ancient ruins.

And then Letho later dries to drown you in the same pool.

#130 Posted by chilipeppersman (1159 posts) -

@loyalroyal1989: I will say this: do not play the Witcher games if you dont like fetch quests! It was not my cup of tea, but I can see/respect why people like it. Its well made.

#131 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@OfficeGamer said:

@firecracker22 said:

@believer258 said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@Branthog said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Just imagine:

What why?

...for a video game.

Ahem.

As I was saying and getting back on topic:

Open world tits and fucks for everyone!

#132 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@Wiseblood said:

@believer258 said:

...for a video game.

And then Letho later dries to drown you in the same pool.

That is his way of showing affection and trying to get it on with Geralt.

#133 Posted by veteranu (3 posts) -

Looks great, can't wait to play it.

#134 Edited by ShadowMoses900 (190 posts) -

Looking forward to this, also glad to hear that it's being announced for all next gen systems, or at least "all high end systems".

Glad to see that everyone will be able to play it.

#135 Posted by pyrodactyl (1979 posts) -

@believer258 said:

...for a video game.

Where would you expect them to do it in that universe? There's gross stuff everywhere in the witcher world, that's kind of it's shtike. Besides, the pool was clean and stuff cause ELVEN MAGIC.

#136 Posted by marchismo (71 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/wild-hunt/94-21366/

#137 Posted by Legion_ (1270 posts) -

It's called

WILD HUNT

Not

THE WILD HUNT

Change the header damn it.

#138 Posted by akumous (91 posts) -

I loved the witcher 2. It was so bloody good and well presented.

#139 Edited by StriderNo9 (1087 posts) -

I bought The Witcher 3 but I still haven't found time to play it, perhaps over the Summer.

Edit: The Witcher 2.

#140 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Holy shit.

#141 Posted by Bernoulli (157 posts) -

Patrick says "Agency" a lot.

#142 Posted by mewarmo990 (835 posts) -

Looking forward to it. CD Projekt is one of the last few game makers that I have no problem paying full price and preordering a game for. Especially since you can buy it directly from them via GoG.com.

#143 Posted by GUTBOMB (66 posts) -

@pyrodactyl said:

@believer258 said:

...for a video game.

Where would you expect them to do it in that universe? There's gross stuff everywhere in the witcher world, that's kind of it's shtike. Besides, the pool was clean and stuff cause ELVEN MAGIC.

Welcome to the Elven Magic OOL. Notice there's no P in it, lets try to keep it that way.

#144 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@StriderNo9 said:

I bought The Witcher 3 but I still haven't found time to play it, perhaps over the Summer.

Where is this future store? TELL ME

#145 Posted by StriderNo9 (1087 posts) -

@OfficeGamer: LOL, I mean The Witcher 2.

#146 Edited by Darkhollow (136 posts) -

I can't wait for this game. The Witcher franchise is one of my favorite RPG's this generation. I have no doubt in my mind that CD Projekt RED will not screw this up.

#147 Posted by randomdrummer (5 posts) -

I want to play The Witcher 2 SOOOOO badly but alas, my PC has trouble facebook games and anything using 3D graphics. The sad faces strike again. :C

#148 Posted by Wonloong (356 posts) -

Patrick says "Agency" a lot.

He does like that word, doesn't he? Haha.

#149 Posted by Shiseiten (36 posts) -

So the world size of Witcher 3 will be bigger than Skyrim ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.