Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

TW3 GOTY Support Group

• 139 results
    Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Geralt

Not that kind of support where we trying to push it in the GOTY list but rather this is where we let our frustration out, venting (same thing?) or console each other.

What do you guys think? Do we need this? So the bombcast comment section can go back to a more lighthearted stuff and "fuck Destiny" once more.

Edit: I just realized that it was supposed to be "support" not "supporting group". Sorry, English is not my first language (clearly).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Nothing is stopping you from making The Witcher 3 your Game of the Year. Everyone is entitled to be wrong.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not gonna stop people from telling us how "The Witcher 3 is the greatest game of all time and anyone who doesn't agree is a big meanie-head who just doesn't get it" in the bombcast comments, but sure, why not have another place on the internet to get angry about something?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think we should all message Dan about him completing the game before goty.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

As it stands the Witcher 3 is my GOTY, but I'm also okay with it not being Giant Bomb's GOTY. In fact I think it'll end up around 6th?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I loved The Witcher 3, but no one on staff is going to actually finish that game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Stop it... Just...

Hurvilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why doesn't GB just make a feature of Dan finishing The Witcher 3 on the site? I feel like the lot of them probably should see the end of that game this year (and let's face it, it's not gonna happen during their free time) so why not take the save that's closest to the end (Dan if I haven't missed something) and see it through. It would be pretty damn crazy if a dedicated gaming site with like eight full time employees wouldn't be able to have a real conversation about one of the most high profile games of the year.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hurvilo: They pretty much have had that already. Playing the second half of that game aint gonna change anything substantial to the conversation.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hurvilo: Because he doesn't want to finish the game?

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean guys , did you see golden joystick awards? WItcher 3 won for best visual design, best moment, best storytelling and GOTY. CDPR won studio of the year. I am more than happy that they got recognized by gaming community. I also think there will be mainstream sites that will give Witcher GOTY too, or at least I hope so. giantbomb.com is not a site for hardcore rpg games, it never was. Nor it was for 100 hour deep narrative driven games that require commitment . People surprised by GB tastes and preference, for how long this website is going on? It is what it is. Correct me if I am wrong, but was there any games in previous years that GB community was so adamant about being GOTY? Why this game particulary? Last year Mordor was GOTY!! Mordor!! If that does not say about their preferences I don't know what does. And I am not dissing their opinions or saying they have shit taste which they have . Just manage your expectations and roll with the punches. Is it that hard to understand different views?

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this is getting redundant. They're not interested. I'm not sure they ever have been. Pretty sure Vinny's the only member on staff that's actually followed the series. The zeitgeist seemed to catch them initially with this game (I remember Brad and Jason specifically singing high praise). But, given time to reflect, I think they've found that the game's just not for them (maybe not Jason; he hasn't really voiced his recent opinion as the other duders have).

There's nothing wrong with The Witcher III not touching the Giant Bomb GOTY list. In fact, I'd say that it's a good thing; it's a testament to what a fantastic year 2015 has been for games, in versatility and quality (by comparison, look at 2014's GOTY, where everyone picked Shadow of Mordor by what felt like default). It's a shame that the staff don't seem to share the reverence for the game that the rest of the industry has, but it also doesn't matter. Their exclusion shouldn't stop you from enjoying this game to the fullest, and it's a hell of a game to enjoy.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm really not looking forward to the community reactions to this years goty

The Witcher III is fantastic, and other peoples arbitrary ranking of it wont change that for me

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have long accepted that Giant Bomb will never ever pick a game I truly like as GOTY. It's just the way it is. It's a good thing they make entertaining content, because I don't come here for their opinions on games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I mean guys , did you see golden joystick awards? WItcher 3 won for best visual design, best moment, best storytelling and GOTY. CDPR won studio of the year. I am more than happy that they got recognized by gaming community. I also think there will be mainstream sites that will give Witcher GOTY too, or at least I hope so. giantbomb.com is not a site for hardcore rpg games, it never was. Nor it was for 100 hour deep narrative driven games that require commitment . People surprised by GB tastes and preference, for how long this website is going on? It is what it is. Correct me if I am wrong, but was there any games in previous years that GB community was so adamant about being GOTY? Why this game particulary? Last year Mordor was GOTY!! Mordor!! If that does not say about their preferences I don't know what does. And I am not dissing their opinions or saying they have shit taste which they have . Just manage your expectations and roll with the punches. Is it that hard to understand different views?

It's kind of weird because this year isn't over yet. You never know; Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 could steal it.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tru3_blu3: for golden joystick fallout 4 , tomb raider and other games will be eligible next year. It's from October to October or something. As for GB? I would be not surprised if F4 or Just Cause 3 took GOTY.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@tajasaurus said:

I'm really not looking forward to the community reactions to this years goty

The Witcher III is fantastic, and other peoples arbitrary ranking of it wont change that for me

You are one smart guy duder.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Now I'm not saying Giant Bomb's GotY list will be completely invalidated if Witcher 3 isn't in it but..... it totally will be.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TW3 is my personal GOTY, but if it isn't picked, well what can you do.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Last year they made Shadow Of Mordor the GOTY and didn't even mention Alien Isolation and Transistor.
    I learned to live with it, but it took a while ;)

I'm just returning to Witcher 3 and I agree that it's a fantastic game, but I did lower the difficulty drastically to avoid the combat system. MGS5 has great gameplay and a poor story, Witcher has mediocre gameplay and some great stories. Mario Maker will take the crown anyway.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Some folks get way too caught up in this goty business.

Hurvilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arabes: A lot of people don't necessarily like every single thing they do at work, but do it anyway if it's for the good of the company and the public image. If they just got going with it I think it would make for good website content. Otherwise 2015 will forever be known as the year that Giant Bomb short shifted The Witcher 3.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ds9143

I spent 250 hours in the witcher 3.. personally I think it's one of the best games I've ever played. That said, I do not need the bombcrew to validate my opinions.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm with Dan it's kinda ehh to me. Glad I got over wanting to finish it.

pkmnfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got about half way through Witcher 3 and... I dunno, that game is dense. I couldn't play it for more than an hour or two at a time without feeling like I just read a whole novel or something. And, that does not make for a cohesive experience.

I do, however, think it's one of the 10 best games I've played thus far. Right now, it's #2 (just after Metal Gear), but based on what I know about my own tastes, I suspect Fallout and Just Cause are going to sneak in above it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@ds9143: ...what are you doing?

@hurvilo: nothing says 'quality content' like people forcing themselves to do something that they don't enjoy for extended periods of time

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to make my stand by making a snide comment in the GOTY comment thread

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

While TW3 is almost certainly going to be my GOTY (if Fallout 4 doesn't turn out a masterpiece too), this is getting ridiculous. I'm not happy about the somewhat biased way they talk about the game, but honestly I don't care about their opinions on it much.

I'm not here for the GB guys to affirm everything I like, that's just...dumb.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ds9143
    Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33  Edited By Cav829

Witcher 3 is this year's Dark Souls 2. And I still see people angry even now that DS 2 didn't make the top 10 last year. Like, the purpose of the site is to make it personality driven so you get honest opinions from the guys based on what they personally like. If it's your Game of the Year, cool. Mine is Life is Strange at the moment. It probably won't even make make top 10. Witcher 3 at least has a good shot of doing that. Oh well. Witcher will win plenty of other awards anyway.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By armaan8014

I don't really care about Giantbomb's GOTY. Giantbomb sometimes has weird taste that I usually don't agree with anyways.

As for me, I think GTA V (PC) might be my GoTY. With either TW3 or Life is strange coming in second depending on how I feel after finishing them. It has been a good year

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Those are good words there. Agree with everything.

betterley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By betterley

Witcher 3 for GOTY?

Meh...

I'M THINKING GOAT!

Let's not settle for game of the year, fellow Witcher fans, it's better than that!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I think this "Geralt" poster may have some bias.

Game's great. Not even close to finishing it, but it's in my top 5. If this was 2014 and there was nothing else to play, this would've easily topped my list.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Christoffer

It's always fun to hear the discussions but the end results usually become such a "design by committee" I'm not even sure the staff is happy about it. Plus, all I care about is to see if I overlooked something during the year. That's why I prefer the personal GOTY-lists. They're more fun and more, well, personal.

Witcher 3 is a fine game. I'm sure it will at least be mentioned.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

No offense, but I feel like people take GOTY a little too seriously around here... Sometimes I wonder if this kind of stuff is good for gaming or if its distracting us from actually immersing ourselves and enjoying the games that we do play. I've been trying to look at it more as just an excuse to play at least ten great games throughout the year, I kind of think that's a healthier way to look at it?

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By johncallahan

I just look at it like this. For all the people clamoring to get it for GB's game of the year, would you really want them to just go ahead and put a game that none of them feel strongly about on their top 10? What does that accomplish. Well none of us really care for this game a whole lot, but we should put it high on our list like everyone else for... I don't know... cause everyone else likes it?

Don't get me wrong, I liked The Witcher 3 a lot, it's easily on my top 10 list. But this has been a great year for games, one of the best in recent memory. There are tons of games that the crew feel more passionate about. Them not caring about the Witcher in no way takes away from your enjoyment of The Witcher.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So will this be the "travesty of the year" as it was with Destiny on last year's GOTY, or Dota 2 the year before?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I think The Witcher 3 is a great game, definitely in my personal top ten of the year. However, I'm fine with some people not liking it, and I think there are plenty of other games in 2015 that can effectively round out a fine top ten.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I just think how they talk about it is odd but I don't care if it wins their GOTY. If you expect RPGs to get high on the list here you've been missing out for a while.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't care about any other game as long as Destiny doesn't win anything

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just look at it like this. For all the people clamoring to get it for GB's game of the year, would you really want them to just go ahead and put a game that none of them feel strongly about on their top 10? What does that accomplish. Well none of us really care for this game a whole lot, but we should put it high on our list like everyone else for... I don't know... cause everyone else likes it?

Don't get me wrong, I liked The Witcher 3 a lot, it's easily on my top 10 list. But this has been a great year for games, one of the best in recent memory. There are tons of games that the crew feel more passionate about. Them not caring about the Witcher in no way takes away from your enjoyment of The Witcher.

People like having their opinions validated, especially by professionals in the industry that they look up to. I love The Witcher 3, it is right now my personal GOTY. I think it would be cool if it got a bunch of praise on my favorite video game site, but I also understand that the game isn't for everyone. I'm interested to hear the discussion when it comes to GOTY, but I don't see Witcher 3 making top 5. But that doesn't take away my enjoyment of the game.

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz: no one can stop Brad, no one!!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think we need this. I think people need to stop forcing viewpoints on others. It would make sense if the whole crew just refused to play TW3 because Geralt has a beard or someshit, but they all (minus Jeff) gave it a good shot, appreciate it for what it is but decided it's not something that really grabbed their attention.

I disagree with almost everything the GB crew think about MGSV but whatever it gave them a good time where as TW3 didn't. At least they had fun this year. I mean fuck it's nice to see Jeff super enthusiastic about a game once in a while.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@madman356647: No, because Destiny getting the tenth spot over Divinity and Wolfenstein is kind of whatever? If the group had felt strongly enough about either Divinity or Wolfenstein, Brad seemed ready to let it go once or twice. Like I don't blame him for getting a little upset over the way it became more anti-Destiny than pro-another game at the end, even if I don't think it was intentional. The only "travesties" I can ever recall during GOTY were 1) Minerva's Den and 2) the way Super Mario 3D World got cut in 2013 because Alex wasn't present in the room and they chose to sate the guys present there over him. And even then, eh? If you want to call something a travesty in those awards, you could say it's a travesty the guys didn't play Talos Principle last year as that game should have been top 10. Or the way there's a good chance nobody on staff will finish Life is Strange by the end of the year. But again, whatever.

Honestly, as obnoxious as the "Brad filibusters" can seem, it's way more obnoxious watching people crap on his taste in games because they don't like DOTA or Destiny or some of the other things like likes.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#49 riostarwind  Moderator

2015 has been a really good year for video games. The fact that the Witcher 3 was released in a year full of great games means it can easily not get the top spot. Sure it won't get GOTY for the bombcrew but I'm sure we'll see many sites with it on the top spot. I'm sure we could also see GOTY awards for other games like Super Mario Maker, Metal Gear Solid V and Rocket League.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@cav829 said:

If you want to call something a travesty in those awards, you could say it's a travesty the guys didn't play Talos Principle last year as that game should have been top 10.

I think that's just a case of a game's release date not making it feasible for consideration in 2014. Talos Principle wasn't released until the middle of December. I'm not sure exactly how the scheduling lined up, but they may very well have already recorded the GotY podcasts prior to that game even being out.

I'm sure if any of the staff felt strongly about it, they could push for it to be considered this year, but it was so long ago that I doubt anyone will even think about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.