Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

What are your thoughts on the game's female characters?

• 147 results
    firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By firecracker22

@novadth: There's alot of context, mostly from the novels, that you're missing. But, I think the storytelling does a good enough job of conveying what you need to know.

I've got to push back, a little, though on the "We love Geralt! We'll help!", though I'm not as far as you I think. I haven't gotten to Skilleage, yet. But, I Yennefer (similar to her book's counterpart) isn't all that affectionate with Geralt. She seemed kind of cold towards him when they finally met after so many years apart (which, again, is appropriate to the character).

But, so far it seems that Geralt is the one being used by all the female characters I've run into. Geralt spent months chasing Yen's shadow trying to desperately reunite with her only to have her, effectively, get him to go after Ciri at a whim without having a heart to heart conversation. Yen's the one who asked Geralt for help, and he accepted wholeheartedly (because of Ciri). Kiera was using Geralt from the jump, to the point where he actually seemed like an errand boy. She asked for Geralt's help a number of times, giving very little information in return. Nothing, really, since we just stumbled into the masked Elf's cave. But, even then she wasn't there to help Geralt as much as she was there to take the artifact that the Elf owed her. Kiera (if you go that route) used Geralt for sex as well as to get access to the tower. Kiera kinda ran roughshot over Geralt throughout her questline. She was almost like James Bond, with Geralt being the Bond girl, in how she used him for information, to get shit done, and for sex. Kiera's kind of a boss, when you think about it.

cabelhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@firecracker22: Wow, just watched the scene on YouTube and that whole exchange is terrifically written. I have no idea how I missed that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.