Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Witcher 3 noob question about bombs

fetterdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

I'm only a few hours in, but can anyone let me know if I'm missing an obvious way to buy/craft bombs? None of the merchants I've encountered near White Orchard seem to sell them or the two components necessary for them. Am I just being obtuse?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

You have to craft them it seems. I just eventually had the materials at some point after playing for a while. So can't help you on specifics. :(

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

You start out already knowing a couple of formulas in your alchemy tab. It does take awhile to gather the components for them though. Your best bet is just to steal the hell out of everything that isn't nailed down and hope you come across some. You might get some if it from deconstructing junk at the blacksmith too. It's worth it to invest the time - the bomb radius is a lot bigger than in Witcher 2 and helps with groups of mobs. You also need a bomb to destroy the monster nests you come across.

The good news is once you craft them, they auto-refill on meditation as long as you've got the materials.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

You need to craft them. And need to find the components out in the world or on merchants. You aren't missing anything obvious per se.

It's just not super easy, because now crafting oils/potions/bombs creates a persistent item stack that replenishes when you meditate using just alcohol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.