Cancelled?

#2 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

No idea if its true or not, sounds easily believable though. I prefer this decision if its true.

#3 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/financial-dispute-has-witcher-console-on-hold

On hold, which basically means "Cancelled until another publisher picks it up", which I hope happens. I want The Witcher to get the attention it so richly deserves.

#4 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I heard about this and that sucks. I would have loved to play this game, but maybe I should just buy it for the PC and play it there.

#5 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

Crap and I was going to buy it again. Well at least I have it on my PC, still haven't finished the enhanced edition for my second play through.

#6 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  I was looking forward to the console version.  I heard lots of good things for the PC version.

#8 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -
#9 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -
#10 Posted by Weltal (2273 posts) -

That's sad. Such a great game, too bad it won't reach a wider audience.

#11 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

The company is having extreme money problems.  They actually only have put it on hold along with all their other projects because the workers haven't been paid for months, and the company probably doesn't have any money.

Supposedly Witcher 2 will be multiplatform as well, but I'd love to see an improved port of the original.

#12 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

thats a shame, i loved it on the PC and i think it would be a good console RPG too.

the witcher is way too underrated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.