The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to be revealed in Game Informer.

  • 126 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: why is 2014 so far away

#52 Posted by Brendan (7734 posts) -

Man, I played the first game 2 years ago and I cannot remember for the life of me what the "Wild Hunt" is. I haven't played the second game, but I remember the civil war between the humans and squirrels (I'm racist because I can't remember how to spell the actual group name). Acutually, the end of the first game is something else. Some wizard/magic guy that you fight in some other-realm.

#53 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -
@Animasta I did in fact side with Roche. The game has been a slow burn for me but I'm enjoying it. Would I be missing out if I just tackled only the story from here on out?
#54 Edited by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Brendan said:

Man, I played the first game 2 years ago and I cannot remember for the life of me what the "Wild Hunt" is. I haven't played the second game, but I remember the civil war between the humans and squirrels (I'm racist because I can't remember how to spell the actual group name). Acutually, the end of the first game is something else. Some wizard/magic guy that you fight in some other-realm.

the wild hunt (well one of) was that spectre guy that you faced at the end of the first game, also the wild hunt is what the cutscenes where Geralt recovers his memory in 2 are all about (why he runs into Letho etc.)

(also the group is the scoia'tael)

@Sackmanjones: not especially, the third chapter is pretty light on side stuff anyway

#55 Edited by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@mordukai said:

Now I just learned to avoid every thing from games I am interested in.

That's pretty much how I treat all games, really.

I don't know why but I have this image in my head of old game cartridges dressed like cheap crack whores trying to solicitate a toothless BJ from you while you're [politely] trying to avoid it.

#56 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

I should probably play the Witcher 2, I guess.

Online
#57 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@mordukai:

And then they're going to ever-accepting you? Because that's the only way your avatar makes sense.

#58 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

none of this information has mentioned dandelion or zoltan

where are my bros

WHERE ARE MY BROS

#59 Posted by golguin (3868 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@Animasta I did in fact side with Roche. The game has been a slow burn for me but I'm enjoying it. Would I be missing out if I just tackled only the story from here on out?

I think so. I went with Roche first and did everything. Months later I went with the squirrel dude path and he sucked, but the other characters like Saskia and her sorceress were amazing. Play both paths and do all sidequests.

#60 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@ArtisanBreads: why is 2014 so far away

I was foolishly hoping this was coming out at the end of this year... lets hope its early next year I guess?

#61 Posted by Tennmuerti (8059 posts) -

@Animasta said:

none of this information has mentioned dandelion or zoltan

where are my bros

WHERE ARE MY BROS

They're ploughing ho's.

Online
#62 Posted by LiquidPrince (15901 posts) -

I'm not so sure I like the open world idea so much, or the lack of chapters. I liked the contained sort of linear style story that had multiple branches, as opposed to the standard open world stuff.

#63 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Fuck. Yes.

#64 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

More shameless info stealing from GAF

Enemy AI completely rebuilt, scripted bosses out

Environmental combat 'contributions' (a dozen types of interactive objects)

---> Wasp hive irritated using Aard

Magical signs retooled

Igni = new flamethrower effect

The magic tree advancement allows secondary sign forms = ie. Igni and a 360-degree blast

Yrden = small trap can be modified into a larger field that slows any enemy

Other trees, Swordsmanship and Alchemy

New strikes under Swordsmanship, boosts like improved stamina and parrying

Mutation mechanic under a different development path

Not much information given about Alchemy path, other than it being based on potions

Horse could be used to access long term stash, as well as Inns

Team aware of frustrations of inventory management in The Witcher

Committed to a less tedious process

Crafting critical to maximize Geralts potential, but weapons and armor can be found in many ways

Players can customize their crafted weapons with some components, ie, monster scales for leather in armor

Each armor piece has unique appearance, new cloth simulation tech.

Barber is in from the get go. Dyeing hair is OUT OF QUESTION, White Wolf.

#65 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@LiquidPrince: to be fair they could only do that trick once before not being super novel anymore.

and I think the only way they could do the empire building shit as well as the wild hunt shit was to make it open world.

#66 Edited by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I was thinking of getting new avatar. You tell me which one you like better.

#67 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@mordukai:

OJ or the nun.

#68 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Now this is some fap material.

I can't stop, I just can't!!

#69 Edited by Poppduder (460 posts) -
@Animasta: It wouldn't be The Witcher without Dandelion, Triss & Zoltan.  Also I wonder if the horse you ride is Roach, his faithful horse from the books.
#70 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

I'm not so sure I like the open world idea so much, or the lack of chapters. I liked the contained sort of linear style story that had multiple branches, as opposed to the standard open world stuff.

Im with you. While still excited sometimes I just like a good ol' linear game with a clear path.

#71 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Poppduder said:

@Animasta: It wouldn't be The Witcher without Dandelion, Triss & Zoltan. Also I wonder if the horse you ride is Roach, his faithful horse from the books.

it fuckin better be.

Or maybe Geralt just steals horses all the time and he calls them all roach.

#72 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

I can't wait

#73 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Brendan said:

Man, I played the first game 2 years ago and I cannot remember for the life of me what the "Wild Hunt" is. I haven't played the second game, but I remember the civil war between the humans and squirrels (I'm racist because I can't remember how to spell the actual group name). Acutually, the end of the first game is something else. Some wizard/magic guy that you fight in some other-realm.

the wild hunt (well one of) was that spectre guy that you faced at the end of the first game, also the wild hunt is what the cutscenes where Geralt recovers his memory in 2 are all about (why he runs into Letho etc.)

(also the group is the scoia'tael)

@Sackmanjones: not especially, the third chapter is pretty light on side stuff anyway

How much am I missing by not playing the first? I finished 2 and managed to comprehend the majority of it due to it seemingly being self contained apart from the flashbacks and the conversation with the kingslayer.

#74 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Animasta said:

@Brendan said:

Man, I played the first game 2 years ago and I cannot remember for the life of me what the "Wild Hunt" is. I haven't played the second game, but I remember the civil war between the humans and squirrels (I'm racist because I can't remember how to spell the actual group name). Acutually, the end of the first game is something else. Some wizard/magic guy that you fight in some other-realm.

the wild hunt (well one of) was that spectre guy that you faced at the end of the first game, also the wild hunt is what the cutscenes where Geralt recovers his memory in 2 are all about (why he runs into Letho etc.)

(also the group is the scoia'tael)

@Sackmanjones: not especially, the third chapter is pretty light on side stuff anyway

How much am I missing by not playing the first? I finished 2 and managed to comprehend the majority of it due to it seemingly being self contained apart from the flashbacks and the conversation with the kingslayer.

really nothing. Some backstory on witchers and shit and also there will be a ice age coming (eventually) or something.

#75 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

Mainly just interview stuff but still, Witcher 3.

#76 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -
@Animasta looks like you won't be able to shave the beard. :(
#77 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

@Animasta looks like you won't be able to shave the beard. :(

fuck

#78 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

So CD Projekt quickly became one of my favorite developers after finishing Witcher 2, that fandom only greatly increased further after the Cyberpunk announcement. Now I can't think of any other studio that comes as close for me in terms of caring about as much as these dudes. If these games pan out well then holy shit....fuck yeah, video games!

@Animasta said:

@Phatmac said:

@Animasta looks like you won't be able to shave the beard. :(

fuck

I want complete freedom of choice.

Fuck this game.

#79 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie: for me, they're in the top 3 along with atlus and ACE team

#80 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

Really glad to read about the magic being redone, and a lot of the combat as well. Allowing you to customize how the magic signs work is huge.

The combat in W2 was still fun but there is a lot of room for improvement.

#81 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@Animasta: For me I would narrow down Atlus to just the persona dudes.

#82 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Witcher 2 already look amazing, I can't imagine what 3 will look like. I just can't!

#83 Posted by mordukai (7149 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Done...Errr, what?!

#84 Posted by Wampa1 (634 posts) -

And I still can't get Witcher 2 to run on my PC, damn you amazing graphics engine!

#85 Posted by Aetheldod (3542 posts) -

Im playing witcher 1 at the moment (Im at chapter IV) man this is really a slow burner :( and theres nothing I hate more than amnesia D: so it wont get resolved in this game huh? Bummer :( also theres is not much about this "wild hunt" thing ... I mean is it an event or NPCs? I still dont know D:

#86 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

Im playing witcher 1 at the moment (Im at chapter IV) man this is really a slow burner :( and theres nothing I hate more than amnesia D: so it wont get resolved in this game huh? Bummer :( also theres is not much about this "wild hunt" thing ... I mean is it an event or NPCs? I still dont know D:

Keep playing! You should see it unfold.

Keep with it too. Witcher 2 is much better paced, in my opinion.

#87 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Aetheldod: and most of the amnesia goes away by the end of 2.

#88 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

@Wampa1: Try the 360 version if you got one.

#89 Posted by Aetheldod (3542 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: @Animasta: Oh good then ... I mean I also have Witcher 2 in the ready , but yeah I been playing this game for over a year , because I kind of get bored with the huge backtracking this game has ; I mean I see the appeal but dang it son , too much backtracking.

#90 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@Aetheldod: yeah it took me 6 months to get through the witcher 1 (I eventually said screw it and bumrushed my way through chapter 5 to the end and skipped most sidequests).

#91 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3789 posts) -

@Aetheldod said:

@ArtisanBreads: @Animasta: Oh good then ... I mean I also have Witcher 2 in the ready , but yeah I been playing this game for over a year , because I kind of get bored with the huge backtracking this game has ; I mean I see the appeal but dang it son , too much backtracking.

Yeah I feel you. I liked Witcher 1 quite a bit, but Witcher 2 is where it really became next level to me. As I said the pacing is really better... and so is everything. The choice is a little less free form, but that has its strengths too and I think it's better in every way.

#92 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7074 posts) -

Fuck. They should have just announced it the day before release. The wait is going to be physically painful.

#93 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4599 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@Animasta said:

@Phatmac said:

@Animasta looks like you won't be able to shave the beard. :(

fuck

I want complete freedom of choice.

Fuck this game.

Beard is a critical story element, can't afford to sacrifice it for player freedom.

#94 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11592 posts) -

Man, now I have to finish The Witcher 2. I liked the first game well enough, so this should be an easy... 30-40 hours of my life. Actually, how long is that game? Because if I had a problem with the first game, it was that it was like 10 hours too long and they probably could have gotten rid of the entire first chapter.

Also, while I am pro-Geralt Beard (it fits him being totally pissed at being used by everyone), I'm not quite sure if an open world is what I necessarily want out of a Witcher game, but I think CD Projekt is competent enough that I shouldn't worry too much.

#95 Posted by Mr402 (139 posts) -

Cannot wait. Gonna piggy back two 7970's when this baby drops.

#96 Posted by Ryanmgraef (235 posts) -

Fffffuuuuuuccccckkkk yyyyyyeeeeessss!!!! VIDEO GAMES Y'ALL!L!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#97 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

@ArbitraryWater: it's less, I think. I spent equal amount of time in a single playthrough on both but I did all the sidequests in 2 instead of just, like, a quarter in 1.

#98 Posted by tourgen (4461 posts) -

hell yes video games! It's great to know Witcher 3 is out there in 2014 waiting for me. It's that one big game I already know I'm going to pre-order the biggest, most stupidly expensive version they put out and love every minute of it. It worked out with Witcher 2 - awesome pack of great stuff, DRM removed on launch day, free major update to the game around the time of the xbox release. CD Projekt has proven they will do right by their customers.

#99 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

can't wait.

#100 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3201 posts) -

CDProkekt -- moving the fucking game industry forward such as what all developers did before 2008.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.