Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

Should I persevere?

craigieh28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By craigieh28

Ok, I am currently at the end of chapter 3 of the witcher 1 (via steam). Loving the lore and the world, but am starting to find it a bit of a grind. The quests are sending me back and forth across the map, and the performance is suffering on my machine. I have the second game sat here on the 360 and am wondering if I just move on? Any advice would be appreciated. Gaming time is valuable and at premium so I can't spend hours on end just to see endgame. Shall I just stick to main quest? And so forth... Thank you please! (obscure uk tv reference)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

If I recall chapter 3 is when you get out of town and into the small vilage and fields right?

Stick to it, youre getting close to the end and things will pick up as well.
    That chapter is meant as a kind of quiet slow paced moment in the game, a part where you can relax between the previous events and the final most important chapter.
    The end of that chapter is kind of important to pay close attention to, and from that moment on untill the end is one of the biggest reason people think highly of the game.

But yeah if you want just stick to the main quest.
    The is one good sidequest that i recommend however, the one about noonwraiths and one that involves Dandalion. Can't recall the name now.
    Aside from that you can skip the rest.

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Artigkar

@Tennmuerti: That is chapter 4 actually. Chapter 3 is still set in Vizima, it just opens up the other half of the city. Honestly, chapter 2 and 3 kinda feels like one chapter.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hughesman

Honestly i would just move on. I loved the witcher, but i wouldn't really recommend just blasting through it just to see the end. Since you don't have a lot of time just spend it on the witcher 2 and really soak it all in. :)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Artigkar
    hmm my bad then, yes i always thought of chapter 3 as the one where you are not in Vizima anymore
    @craigieh28
    if you are still in vizima then yeah either skip all the side quests if you are feeling the time pressure, altho there are one or two good ones
    i suspect a lot of your impatience comes from the fact that you have Witcher 2 waiting for you :P
    craigieh28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By craigieh28

Thanks for the replies! Yes I think I am impatient to start the sequel. I have decided to stick with the first game, but a couple of crashes have severely tested this decision! Also, Fez, Trials Evolution and Steam sales are getting in the way!

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By armaan8014

@craigieh28: So, did you get around to finishing it? :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.