Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 26, 2007

The Witcher is an Action Role Playing Game developed by CD Projekt RED and is based on the book "The Last Wish" by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. An Enhanced Edition was released in September, 2008. A director's cut version was released for North America on July 31, 2009.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - game crashes

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FritzDude

So i recently installed this game again to play it from the start, but now the game will CTD sometimes when the game loads to and from new places and when i save the game, which will corrupt the save file. I have no idea why this happens since everything is updated and i hear that only a small percentage of people have this problem. It shouldn't be my PC and the game requirments either since i can play it with no problem on maxed graphic settings and 1920x1080 resolution with high enough FPS (around 60). The problem only occurs when in loading screens and/or when i manually save the game... And without the auto-save feature i would be fucked. After it crashes - windows say that it's trying to find a solution for the probem, and after 5 seconds it just disappears without giving me any information over it... This is the prime example why i hate playing on the PC platform.

If anyone here could help me with this weird problem so i can play this wonderful game again without having my save corrupted every hour it would be much appreciated. Here's a little rundown on some information that may or may not be important to this: 

*The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (Retail version) - updated to 1.05 (I'm not sure where i can see this, but i would assume the patch was successfully installed.) 
    *The game is registered.
    *OS: Windows 7 Home Premium - Fully updated with Service pack 1.
    *Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 - 275.33 drivers installed. 
    *HDD: 483 of 596Gb (113Gb used) - The game is installed through: Computer/Local disk C:/program files.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.