First reviews show finally up.

#2 Posted by CornBREDX (4793 posts) -
#3 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
#4 Edited by Milkman (16519 posts) -
Online
#5 Posted by joshwent (2112 posts) -

Huzzah! This might really be the renaissance of games about people talking to each other. My wish has come true!

#6 Posted by RazielCuts (2925 posts) -
Online
#7 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -

I'm really excited for this game.

#9 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3005 posts) -

wonder if this game will do well considering you know, its not a Walking Dead IP.

#10 Edited by Tearhead (2152 posts) -

I wonder if there's going to be a discount for PS3 like with previous games from Telltale. 'Cus there's a 10% discount for pre-ordering on steam and I just want to know if to wait or jump on this now.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9605 posts) -
#12 Posted by Flacracker (1596 posts) -

I am really surprised by these reviews. Seems like a genuinely good game.

Online
#13 Edited by Chaser324 (6322 posts) -

I guess it's good to know that the pre-order I made last week wasn't a mistake. Sounds like more of the excellent writing that made Walking Dead so great. A little disappointing although not all that surprising that the graphics/framerate hitches in their aged engine are still present, but that didn't really detract from my Walking Dead enjoyment at all.

Moderator
#14 Edited by Snail (8579 posts) -

Yes yes yes yes yes.

I love me some Fables.

#15 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -
Online
#16 Posted by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

Anyone know if you have to have any knowledge of the fables series to be able to properly get into this? The good thing about the walking dead game was that you could go in without having read the walking dead, but from what I've heard this is actually canonical when it comes to the comic

#17 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1433 posts) -

I am really surprised by these reviews. Seems like a genuinely good game.

You're surprised the next game from people that made a GOTY quality game is also good???

#18 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Ugh more money to spend! and I STILL need to play 400 days. Anyone know when Season 2 of The walking dead is supposed to come out ?

#19 Edited by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

@flacracker said:

I am really surprised by these reviews. Seems like a genuinely good game.

You're surprised the next game from people that made a GOTY quality game is also good???

people were still on the fence about this title, because telltale DOES NOT have a perfect track record. So people were cautious when it came to a new telltale game; makes perfect sense to me

#20 Posted by Chaser324 (6322 posts) -

@naru_joe93: This game is a prequel to the comics and shouldn't require any prior knowledge going in.

Moderator
#21 Posted by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

@naru_joe93: This game is a prequel to the comics and shouldn't require any prior knowledge going in.

well, I guess my decision whether to get this is a bit easier! Now I have to decide whether to get it on pc or ps3. My laptop can run the walking dead fine, but im afraid of it overheating... I guess I could always open up the window I use it near, since the weather is starting to get colder.

#22 Posted by Veektarius (4585 posts) -

I really look forward to this. I skipped Walking Dead because I'm not into the zombie genre, but I'm definitely into modern fantasy.

#23 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1433 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:

@flacracker said:

I am really surprised by these reviews. Seems like a genuinely good game.

You're surprised the next game from people that made a GOTY quality game is also good???

people were still on the fence about this title, because telltale DOES NOT have a perfect track record. So people were cautious when it came to a new telltale game; makes perfect sense to me

Their only major blemish is Jurassic Park, and considering it was largely a failure based on mechanics (as opposed to writing) that were iterated on and improved immensely in the Walking Dead, I see less reason to be skeptical. The mechanics certainly aren't going to take a step a back, and there's never been much reason to question Telltale's writing.

#24 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Can't wait to check it out.Telltale set the bar pretty damn high with the Walking Dead. Looks like this is some more great work on their part.

#25 Edited by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:

@naru_joe93 said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@flacracker said:

I am really surprised by these reviews. Seems like a genuinely good game.

You're surprised the next game from people that made a GOTY quality game is also good???

people were still on the fence about this title, because telltale DOES NOT have a perfect track record. So people were cautious when it came to a new telltale game; makes perfect sense to me

Their only major blemish is Jurassic Park, and considering it was largely a failure based on mechanics (as opposed to writing) that were iterated on and improved immensely in the Walking Dead, I see less reason to be skeptical. The mechanics certainly aren't going to take a step a back, and there's never been much reason to question Telltale's writing.

Id argue that The Walking Dead was the first time they made a legitimately great game in a while (or ever, in my opinion). Besides sam and max (which its quality is also easily arguable), there stuff has been somewhere between good and alright. Sure, they don't make bad games (they have though), but The Walking Deads critical success was somewhat of a first for that company.

#26 Posted by Svenzon (713 posts) -

Funny. Just a week ago this game wasn't on my radar at all, but now I can't wait to play it all of a sudden.

#27 Posted by AMyggen (2533 posts) -

Really love Fables, good to see that it's getting good reviews!

#28 Edited by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

I was hoping this game was going to be awesome, looks like it is.

#29 Posted by Rowr (5477 posts) -

Just watched the trailer, it looks awesome. Definitely picking this up based on those reviews.

I've wanted to see what the hype was about regarding the walking dead, but I just can't deal with zombie settings.

#30 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

@rowr: I'm reading your posts, you wang

#31 Posted by Random45 (1045 posts) -

@skytylz said:

Twice as good as Infinite.

I know you're joking, but god I hate it when people post something like this and are serious about it. It just makes me sad. :(

Though good reviews for this game make me happy, but I'm still gonna wait for a sale before I try it out.

#32 Posted by MetalBaofu (1348 posts) -

Really looking forward to playing this. I plan on getting it for PS3. I don't really care much one way or the other for zombie stuff, but I loved The Walking Dead game, so I'm assuming I will like this just as much, if not more, thanks to the different setting.

@rowr said:
I've wanted to see what the hype was about regarding the walking dead, but I just can't deal with zombie settings.

You should grab it one day. I would think you can get it super cheap on sale sometime. It's really less about zombies and more about people.

#33 Edited by LarryDavis (864 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

Anyone know if you have to have any knowledge of the fables series to be able to properly get into this? The good thing about the walking dead game was that you could go in without having read the walking dead, but from what I've heard this is actually canonical when it comes to the comic

No, apparently it takes place 20 years before the first issue. But I guess the ending of ep 1 is kinda crazy, and Telltale made sure to mention it is canon, and they're working with Willingham on those matters. I don't know what that could possibly be.

@metalbaofu: That can be said about the TWD comics, too. Zombies are usually just there for plot reasons, like to keep people either moving or in one spot.

#34 Posted by StarFoxA (5138 posts) -

Oh man, this is a relief. I was holding my breath, really wanted this to be good.

#35 Posted by ch3burashka (5009 posts) -
#36 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5221 posts) -

That's great! I can't wait to play it.

#37 Posted by L33T_HAXOR (245 posts) -

Quick Look coming?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.